• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Don

Smash Cadet
Im just curious are there any DK vids of pros floating around? I've seen lots of other characters but none from the great ape himself......:(

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I asked one pro user to upload a video of Donkey Kong playing a 1 on 1 match, and it should be uploaded by tomorrow. I will post the link once the video has been uploaded. :)

Angry Aipom

Smash Rookie
Even though DK lost, I'm just glad that we finally have a good video of him in Brawl considering almost everything else with DK is just low quality E for All videos.

No-Really-I-Suck

Smash Apprentice
pretty weak dk

spamming the Baerial is useless now because of the mass loss of knockback and damage it loses over time

I think DK users will need to utilize DK's special attacks for once.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Bair looks like it would combo into reverse giantpunch from that vid, easily as well, what do you guys think?

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
pretty weak dk

spamming the Baerial is useless now because of the mass loss of knockback and damage it loses over time

I think DK users will need to utilize DK's special attacks for once.
I COMPLETELY agree with "No really I suck".

Yes, I am very pleased to see people attempting to play DK seriously but that was VERY linear.

His offense was very very unorganized as he relied heavily on Bair and seldom dairs. DK's new SideB, downB and DK punch and very important and vital to a successful Donkey Kong. MOAR Ftilt please! Additionally, a single move Spammed significantly loses potency (Damage and knockback).

Pro tip, once you get a good knockback charge a ****'N DK Punch, even if you suck and can never land it, the fact that you have that option will force your opponent to play you differently. THAT'S IMPORTANT.

No hard feelings but that player(DIMN), (as this also includes me) have not played the game enough as to begin to fully understand that potential of DK offense.

This is COLLEGE kids, it's time to EXPERIMENT.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I COMPLETELY agree with "No really I suck".

Yes, I am very pleased to see people attempting to play DK seriously but that was VERY linear.

His offense was very very unorganized as he relied heavily on Bair and seldom dairs. DK's new SideB, downB and DK punch and very important and vital to a successful Donkey Kong. MOAR Ftilt please! Additionally, a single move Spammed significantly loses potency (Damage and knockback).

Pro tip, once you get a good knockback charge a ****'N DK Punch, even if you suck and can never land it, the fact that you have that option will force your opponent to play you differently. THAT'S IMPORTANT.

No hard feelings but that player(DIMN), (as this also includes me) have not played the game enough as to begin to fully understand that potential of DK offense.

This is COLLEGE kids, it's time to EXPERIMENT.
exactly what i think about this match... it seems the dk guy overused too much the back air. It worked very good sometimes.... but heneeded more variations..... specially sine that move was not KOing the toon.

BTW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv2kizdkZrk

look at this video... the player using DK seems to mix it up pretty well. Im not a DK main and im not planning to use him but IMO he looks pretty decent. In the hands of skilled players i think he can trade punches with the to p tiers

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
That DK player is MUCH better. He uses a little too much throw and not enough DKpunch for my taste, but still, great vid. thx

The Don

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the vids the Falco DK vid makes it look like dk actually has potential (which ive known all along) but yea the more the better (vids) again thanks

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Wellman (ZSS) vs Kyle (DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2lgqLnBcFM

Som (IC) vs Kyle (DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdhTVf3HPI

Som (IC) vs Kyle (DK) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMy3LrWQWJE

Things to note with my DK matches:

Wellman (ZSS) vs Kyle (DK)
0:56- Donkey Punch missed because of elevation NOT range behind DK.
1: 02-I need more Usmash to replace Uair, Turn around NeutralB tricks
1:17- Dtilt DIDN'T knockdown
1:35- Turn around NeutralB tricks
1:48- Ledge tricks
2: 08-I need more Usmash to replace Uair
2:16- Ledge tricks

Som (IC) vs Kyle (DK)
0:35- No invulnerability on Usmash
1:18- upB does have a sweetspot
1:21- Was that invulnerability on upB or did IC bair just miss?!?
1:38- upB recovery trick
In general I use a lot of Dsmash and downB but these moves are effective against the IC's.

Som (IC) vs Kyle (DK)2
1:16- Dtilt trips
In general I made very bad decisions on how to get in... I got *****.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
This guy uses Fsmash as the foundation fir his offense... I don't know why. Additionally, he allows Diddy to runningA him ALLDAYLONG. Still, so much more to learn.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5oG0KhlHO2E

Not the best match ever, but it was only my second time playing DK, first time in a 1v1. He is actually really fun to play IMO.

Yes Samurai you must join the dark side of the kong... mwa hahaha! [/end evil villian mode]

Seriously though, that's probably my favorite DK vid so far. Of course, given what we have to choose from.

@ eggs: I would not be opposed to stickying this if it's possible. This forum doesn't see alot of traffic though :(.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Great match S-Panda. I am glad to see the host of SMYN is an established player. Pokemon change = Fsmash. FTW

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hey I was just wandering since most other characters have this type of thread, maybe we should make this like "The official DK Video Thread" and sticky it just an idea to save some fourm space. Just an idea.
I'd sticky a thread for videos if someone makes one where the first post is updated to contain all the videos other people post. This thread is too "unofficial" to be an "official" thread.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
S-panda, there is actually much to do around here in the DK corner, I've pm'd 3 mods and have had no reply. I don't expect you to do all of this, but it would be appreciated if you coul get me in touch with someone who could.

Merge "Nobody likes DK" & "DK Love Hate thread" & "Insade downB" THAN rename it to, "DK: General Discussion"

Merge all video threads into one named "DK: Videos"

Start an updated "DK: Competition map"

Some threads are good though, "DK: ally potential" & "DK: Perfect Final Smash"

...Delete a bunch of EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom