• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK vs Diddy?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Diddy does, don't even try glide tossing here. it fails at high levels

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
My doubles partner plays Diddy so I play one almost every day. I wish I had a way to upload videos. I guess Diddy would have an advantage but if you can neutralize his naner game by avoiding them or throwing them away then it might be pretty even. If you're having trouble take him to yoshi's or halberd. The large platforms take away a lot of his naner game.

Edit: Down b is your best friend in this match up as well as SA donkey punching through his dash attacks.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Yeah, I played Diddy for a minute so I know a bit of his game and would argue that percentages are higher than 35-65 Diddy.

But unless you play Diddy, or have a LOT of experience against him....he'll own you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dude don't even try japes on diddy, I got cp'd there and I just leave two nanerz lying on the left or right floating platforms and dk can't do anything lol

if he comes to me, he trips on a naner and gets fsmashed, plus I get to camp all I want with my peanut gun

Diddy ***** dk and I've had my fair share of ****** dk's, he's just so large and easy to combo the only thing i have to worry about is that dsmash killing me at ridiculously low percents

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
funny question cuz i was just whoopin DKs azz last night with Diddy.. diddy is too quick and versatile with his jumps/dashes for DK to even come close to him. If you play DK tho i'd love to challenge ya it'd be interesting since my 2nd main is diddy

C.O.C.K

Smash Cadet
60-40 Diddy

DK gets to use his excellent glide toss in this match up. This fight and a fight with ZSS gives him this opportunity to effectly use it with a good item. I've glide tossed so many times with the banana into a Fsmash or Dsmash if they roll. Ftilt spam beats alot of diddy's approaches. Dtilt and Bair spam.

But then again diddy just gives DK the business. His Dash Attack cant be shield grabbed, I think his clapping move shield pokes. And for some reason I always get gimped when I'm in this match-up. I dont play too many of these matches but I think DK has a disadvantage.

DUB

Smash Lord
what would be an example of a bad stage for diddy?
Norfair.... Luigi's Mansion... anything that's not really flat.

And to C.O.C.K you can shield grab Diddy's Dash Attack. You have to know the timing, that's all.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Norfair.... Luigi's Mansion... anything that's not really flat.

And to C.O.C.K you can shield grab Diddy's Dash Attack. You have to know the timing, that's all.
Norfair and LM aren't that bad for Diddy (I love Norfair as Diddy, and LM is not bad either), but I guess this is different for each Diddy...

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You guys are overreacting, 35-65? Its more like 60-40/55-45. One thing for example is the fact that to me DK is hard to gimp. I dont know what to do. He deploys my barrels when i try to barrel spike and either goes to high for the dair or has SA frames on his up B. And dk can beat diddy at low percentages with his spike and I think I can catch the bananas with all his aerials but Fair. A friggn ganon caught by banana with his DAIR! Bananas are still effective in this matchup, but DK has to space well to avoid them.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ah yeah, I forgot about that, but still, Diddy could have some bananas lying around there and I doubt he could never tech... but yeah I guess LM would be good against Diddy.

DUB

Smash Lord
Norfair and LM aren't that bad for Diddy (I love Norfair as Diddy, and LM is not bad either), but I guess this is different for each Diddy...
LM is horrible for Diddy..... The pillars block the bananas and DK's Down B will rack up atleast 30% on you real quick. Not good for any real Diddy.

Norfair isn't as bad, but it isn't too good at all. Short platforms, spaced in a "V" arrangement means Diddy is going to be airborn longer in this battle which is good news for DK. Down-spikes from Diddy can also not kill if lava comes up or if you are higher up on the course since it tends to be a long way to the bottom. And god forbid you get caught in that little safety capsule with DK.

Luigi player

Smash Master
LM is horrible for Diddy..... The pillars block the bananas and DK's Down B will rack up atleast 30% on you real quick. Not good for any real Diddy.

Norfair isn't as bad, but it isn't too good at all. Short platforms, spaced in a "V" arrangement means Diddy is going to be airborn longer in this battle which is good news for DK. Down-spikes from Diddy can also not kill if lava comes up or if you are higher up on the course since it tends to be a long way to the bottom. And god forbid you get caught in that little safety capsule with DK.
Well, I don't have trouble with Diddy at LM. Yeah the pillars stop the naners.. and? Just go a few steps further then >_> it's not that big of a deal.

If you're afraid of being downB'd at the bottom of the mansion, just don't go there, or take some bananas there, or just destroy the pillars.

And about Norfair... yeah it probably isn't good for Diddys that can only use their bananas, but I'm a Diddy that loves the air and air attacks, and I like just jumping around on those edges of the platforms. Diddys bananas are useful there too though.

And you like never have to go in that capsule. You can shield the Lava, dodge, hang on to a edge, or just upB out of there (it probably works, but I don't do this, if you can just shield the lava why would you risk something like this?)

Also if DK goes in that capsule and Diddy isn't, Diddy can uptilt/upsmash him if he's above you, but that's probably the same for DK.

This stage might be good for DK, but I wouldn't say it's bad for Diddy.

I'd say just take him to DKs best stage, Brinstar.

Diddy can't do much there with his bananas, and DK is just too good there...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master

DUB knows what it's like in that safety capsule, lol.

Top Bottom