• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK vs. Floaties

technomancer

Smash Champion
What do I do? Cargo Uthrow Uair barely works, and most floaties (Peach, Jiggs, Marth) are spacing kings and can space my bairs. Everything else = teh lagzor heeeeeeeeelp!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff is an interesting character to vs with DK, she can mess you up if your not careful, but DK can do some nice things as well. Cargo-up-throw u-air only works once at like 0%, then its going for the Down-throw and working from there. DK can chainthrow jiggly if she doesn't DI away from your D-throw, but that isn't too reliable.

UP-B out of the shield every time you shield a pound, or if your feeling crazy, go fo an up-smash out of the shield instead.

For Peach you need to have good spacing against; don't let her get close becasue she'll be able to rack up damage retardedly easily. At lower percent you can chain 2 u-airs out of a cargo up throw, but at higher percent say >75% your best going with a down throw. Try catching turnips when she spams them and shuck em back at her, The Great Ape throws them pretty hard.

Your D-smash can kill her at around 105% so if possible try to sneak one in for a kill. Peach is surprisingly easy to hit with big moves, while floating a well spaced F-smash or giant punch can hit her before she hits you. Speaking of which, Your Giant Punch when fully charged has invincibility frames and can power right through the princesses unrealistic down-smash.

Marth is probably the easiest of the bunch, being that he has more trouble killing you then vice versa. DK's recovery and heavy weight make it difficult to kill for a reason. I've been hit with a tipped Forward smash at 135% and survived.

edgeguarding with the B-air works well, being that you can jump out far and still make it back. Cargo-Uair can hit twice at low percent and kill at higher ones. Crouch Canceling into a grab or D-smash for a kill work well at a marth coming in from the air.

Hope those tips help.

Anyone have any against luigi? I always seem to lose to people who don't even play luigi in low tier tournaments; and it's just about the most ****ing annoying thing. It's like fighting a sheik you can't combo.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Here's luigi's plan:

Space w/ WD's
ZOMG priority aerials!
Ftilt if you're being gay
Spotdodge if you're aggressive

It's kind of a dumb plan, but it covers pretty much everything. Step one is to take away his spacing. If he goes to the air with a FJ or platform dash get under that shiz, you **** him from below, and can also mindgame grabs.

Play aggressive, but learn to capitolize on the lag on the Ftilt with either a grab or a Dair if you jump it. Down B beats it out too. Bair is pretty bad here actually, it's just gonna get spaced if you try to space it, so if you're gonna play Bair games just spam the hell out of it all over him and don't give him time to set up. Also, mindgames.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Anyone have any against luigi? I always seem to lose to people who don't even play luigi in low tier tournaments; and it's just about the most ****ing annoying thing. It's like fighting a sheik you can't combo.
I go 50/50 with the best Luigi in Aus. I used to think it was heavily in luigis favour but im inclined to think of it as even now.

Range is where you mess luigi up really badly. You can pretty much beat out any of his approaches with well spaced aerials and tilts. You have to be careful though cos he can use his wavedash to punish the lag on pretty much any of your attacks. As such spacing is pretty muich the most important part of this match.

There are not a lot of combos you can do on luigi, you have to go for consecutive hits. I rely on using the up-B, punch and U-air to get kills.

Vs Peach:

If peach is using her float to approach (Like floating high and coming down with floated aerials ala Vidjo) you can use the F-air to knock her out of it (provided you space it properly) peach is not all that fast in the air really so the F-air can be hard for her to deal with.

peace out

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Against a Jigs or Peach stay near edge and play it defensive
near edge you have an advantage with Jigs cause they are either off edge or near you
with Peach avoid her turnips

With a marth you might want to go for an U-air on a platform stage
keep running and play it defensive
is the best startigy

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Does anyone else hate that KK's name is now an ad on here? I will never call you by for full name now simply to thwart the evil forces that run this site and allow placement of ads everywhere. I don't think I've ever used your full name anyway, but now I certainly won't!

But I still love ya, KK! Don't take it personally. I just hate the ads.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Does anyone else hate that KK's name is now an ad on here? I will never call you by for full name now simply to thwart the evil forces that run this site and allow placement of ads everywhere. I don't think I've ever used your full name anyway, but now I certainly won't!

But I still love ya, KK! Don't take it personally. I just hate the ads.
Hahahahaha thats gold.

Of course I wont take it personally. I have much respect for rugby playing DK mains :)

peace out

El HP

Smash Ace
I forgot a little detail after the cargo up throw perform a jump and then use the up-b in midair to hit multiple times works well especially against marth.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Which other Luigis have you lost to?

Top Bottom