• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK vs Wolf

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
once again this is twoskilld here to ask a few questions.

when playing as DK... what advantages do you have over Wolf...

when fighting a wolf what do you have trouble with?

if you were playing as wolf how would you defeat your DK?

-2skilld4u

5yphon

Smash Cadet
i have some trouble with wolf myself but i have been getting around it lately. Bair works well if your playing a gun spamming wolf. I also find it ez to kill a wolf with some edgeguarding and ledge stalling. I just hate wolfs superarmor with his reflector shield every time i try to grab him or get close he ends up reflecting. I think this is one of DK's harder matchups becuase wolfs reflector, gun, bair, down and forward smash. Dk has the upper hand on the edge though

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think it's that hard a matchup against Wolf. My bro and I just both started looking into Wolf some. His Shine is a pain, but if you block it you can OOS punch or UpB to beat out any attacks after. Or you can roll away which doesn't give Wolf many followups options other than Fsmash or Blaster.

His Fsmash can be punished easily with DK's range. Blaster isn't too bad of a projectile to deal with. You can't tilt cancel it but it's slow, which is both good and bad.

Other than that DK outranges and pretty much outprioritizes him on just about everything, air and ground. Wolf can't KO DK reliably until 150%+, and that's if he saves his Dsmash and Fair for kill moves. Whereas DK can get reliable % kills in the 80-90%s, even earlier if he gets Wolf off the edge at lower %.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Because Wolf has a lot of power and use in his smashes, he spends a lot of time on the ground. Ergo, he becomes all the more victim to DK's vB :chuckle:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Just punish Wolf for his Blaster with Bair and use your atrocious range to your advantage (Jabs should cancel alot of his moves if I remember correctly). Really, you can just Cargo Carry into Stage Spike for the instant kill on Wolf. His horrid recovry should take care of the rest for you. He's one of DK's easiest to gimp chars.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wolf's whole ground game is punishable but he can poke fairly safely with spaced Fairs, Bairs and Blaster camp. Blaster is safe unless the Wolf is dumb. If Dk whiffs or you shield, you can usually punish with at least a free Fsmash. I'm not sure if DK's Ftilt and Dtilt are punishable on block, but his Jab definitely is.

In the air they basically have even priority, although Wolf's Fair is disjointed, so he probably has the edge in the air.

Wolf won't reliably KO DK at lowish percents, unless he spikes him out of his UpB. Though, DK is one of the easier character for Wolf to spike imo.

Question: Is the cargo throw stage spike techable? I assume it is, but just want to make sure.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Wolf's whole ground game is punishable but he can poke fairly safely with spaced Fairs, Bairs and Blaster camp. Blaster is safe unless the Wolf is dumb. If Dk whiffs or you shield, you can usually punish with at least a free Fsmash. I'm not sure if DK's Ftilt and Dtilt are punishable on block, but his Jab definitely is.

In the air they basically have even priority, although Wolf's Fair is disjointed, so he probably has the edge in the air.

Wolf won't reliably KO DK at lowish percents, unless he spikes him out of his UpB. Though, DK is one of the easier character for Wolf to spike imo.

Question: Is the cargo throw stage spike techable? I assume it is, but just want to make sure.

I'm not sure whether it is or not. I assume it is, but you'd need to be exact with precision timing on the tech and on a stage with a lip, Wolf is pretty much screwed anyway afterward as he'll have to jump out from under it and eat a Dair or Bair.

Top Bottom