• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DKC2: Diddy's Conquest

whoracLe

Smash Cadet
This is one of the best games of all time. Seriously you all need to get DKC2 on virtual console now, its awesome and after playing it, diddy is now my favorite character.

Talendime

Smash Ace
2 > 1 IMO. Better music, better teamwork, better levels. GG
I've had DKC2 on my Super Nintendo, in my room, since I got it. I love that game.
It lacks the nostalgic originality of the first though. And the idle-minded naivety of its ever so casual progression. DKC2 has a whole different feeling. It's all about the danger.
(Conquest)

whoracLe

Smash Cadet
The levels in DKC2 were all challenging and awesome. I especially loved the sky levels with all the thorns where you shoot across the whole level in barrels.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree. I still have this great game and my Super Nintendo. It was one of the best :p

DKC1&3 are awesome too ^^ I miss those games...

okor

Smash Apprentice
If you are gonna claim to love it so much, at least get the name right. >.>

Diddy's Kong Quest

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Top 5 in my SNES collection. Best DKC game. It's fun to speedrun since it's actually harder to do than the original.

Also, I'm of the opinion that DKC3 sucked. :/

Talendime

Smash Ace
Wiki

I thought it was Kong's Quest too. Oh well.
That would kind of make more sense, but it would remove the amibiguity in the title (which is also featured in the third game "Double Trouble", which not only rhymes, but insinuates that the game has two major problems instead of just one. How fun!) that hints towards 'conquest' over the Kremlings..
As well, I guess, the title "Kong Quest" makes equal sense in that he is a Kong, on a quest. So.. either way would have been ok.
But I'm sure this all, after what, 10 years now, matters so gravely that we need to so scrutinizingly fireside it in some little thread. And I know I'm being the worst for it anyway.. hahah oh well.

I know how to get 75 Kremkoins in the first level, AND access the sound test mode from the menu.
Beat. That.

whoracLe

Smash Cadet
okay, I get it, I got the name wrong. Do we really need 5 posts saying the same thing?

oh and yeah, I agree with ducky, DKC3 was kind of weak. It was a fun game and had good levels, but I just didn't like the atmosphere of it. diddy's game had a more dark style.

Vidda

Smash Rookie
okay, I get it, I got the name wrong. Do we really need 5 posts saying the same thing?

oh and yeah, I agree with ducky, DKC3 was kind of weak. It was a fun game and had good levels, but I just didn't like the atmosphere of it. diddy's game had a more dark style.
Agreed. The enemies in DKC2 were scary and cool. The ones in 3 were cartoony and completely ********. Remember the bees w/ buzzsaws? wtf?

shizkickit

Smash Rookie
dkc= first game i beat EVER when i was like 5.

its pirate based, its replayable, and i think i beat it at least 5 times.

its one of my best childhood memories.

and now hes in brawl too!

however, if they put dixie in the next brawl (if they make another brawl) i would be pretty agrivated

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Out of the SNES Donkey Kong Country games I'd agree that 2 was the hardest. It took me a long time to beat some of the levels such as Toxic Tower and Screech's Sprint.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Animal Antics?
That stage was BS once you got to Squawk's part. Enguarde's part was pretty annoying, too. Screech's Sprint has nothing on it.

I did manage to 102% a single uninterrupted run on DKC2 in less than 2 hours, which I suppose is fairly impressive. I should try it again for a better time. The Lost World stages always screw me up, as do some of the Keep stages.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Animal Antics?
Yeah your right that one was a pain in the a**. Squawk's part was very hard with the wind because I always blew into a vine or a zinger. Not only that but if you failed the last animal's part (forgot if it was Rambi or the Snake which was hard as well) you had to go through Squawk's part again.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Yeah your right that one was a pain in the a**. Squawk's part was very hard with the wind because I always blew into a vine or a zinger. Not only that but if you failed the last animal's part (forgot if it was Rambi or the Snake which was hard as well) you had to go through Squawk's part again.
Rattly was the last animal, but his section wasn't terribly hard. The jumps were tricky but it paled in comparison to Squawk's section. Rambi was the first and his part was easy. So was Squitter's. Enguarde's section was a cluster**** of enemies, though. I hated it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That would kind of make more sense, but it would remove the amibiguity in the title (which is also featured in the third game "Double Trouble", which not only rhymes, but insinuates that the game has two major problems instead of just one. How fun!) that hints towards 'conquest' over the Kremlings..
As well, I guess, the title "Kong Quest" makes equal sense in that he is a Kong, on a quest. So.. either way would have been ok.
But I'm sure this all, after what, 10 years now, matters so gravely that we need to so scrutinizingly fireside it in some little thread. And I know I'm being the worst for it anyway.. hahah oh well.

I know how to get 75 Kremkoins in the first level, AND access the sound test mode from the menu.
Beat. That.
About the Kremkoins.. I have tried constantly to do that (I have it on the VC, dont know where my Snes is) and Im unable to do it. What am I doing wrong? (Jump over the map in the captain's room, grab the bannanas, then the two bannanas, etc. etc., but it doesnt work :( )

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
from gamefaqs

-All 75 Kremkoins-

Follow these steps to get every single Kremkoin in the game!

1. In Pirate Panic, go into K.Rool's cabin (don't collect the balloon) and
then leave.
2. Jump over the first two bananas, then collect the next bunch on top of
the barrels. Still avoiding the first pair of bananas, return to the cabin
and grab the balloon.
3. Jump over the first two bananas, then collect the next bunch on top of
the barrels. Still avoiding the first pair of bananas, return to the cabin
and grab the balloon.
4. Return to the cabin, still avoiding the first two bananas. You'll see a
floating Kremcoin in the air. Grab it to automatically collect all 75
Kremkoins.

Real men get their Kremkoins the hard way. :p

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Great game. Hated using Dixie, though. Ended up using her a lot anyway, to get through some of the tougher levels (hair helicopter is super cheap).

Czech

Smash Cadet
I loved the 1st one but I also thought Diddy Kong Racing was an awesome game, It was really fun to play with friends and everything about it was awesome.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I have all 3 on the original SNES. Its why I've planned on maining Diddy Kong ever since he was revealed on the dojo.

His abscense in Melee was inexcusable.

Top Bottom