• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Giant Punch: Is it's damage like Brawl's (where 10 swings is stronger than 11 for KB)?

HomesliceHobbes

Smash Rookie
NNID
HomesliceHobbes
I've been playing more and more DK in project m and just loving it. But is I was just wondering if fully charged (11 swings) Giant Punch is the best or is 10 swings the best for knockback? Based on what I've heard it's 11, but in Brawl 10 is better for KOing and can kill at 30% lower for some characters.

EDIT: Just realized the title is wrong, I meant is its KNOCKBACK like Brawl's because 10 swings and 11 swings do the same damage in that.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have heard that it is but can't seem to do it consistently.

You wanna use fully charged anyway since it gives you INVINCIBILITY (!!!!) on DK's whole body.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
In Brawl DK only has 10 swings and the 9th is the strongest, so idk. Does he really have 11 swings in PM ?

HomesliceHobbes

Smash Rookie
NNID
HomesliceHobbes
In Brawl DK only has 10 swings and the 9th is the strongest, so idk. Does he really have 11 swings in PM ?
Was just reading the power chart for his Brawl wiki and it said it went up to 11, I might be wrong though. Basically you save 9 swings, and then when you neutral b again you swing once more and it's at 10 which is when you would do the punch. So basically I was saying it's TECHINCALLY 11 swings but really it's just 10 when you charge up normally.

I've also played a bit of DK when I'm sandbagging in Brawl and I've counted them out before. When you charge the whole thing all at once it's 10, but if you charge partially and then charge more later it's 11.

I'm sorry if my comment makes no sense, but that's what I've observed.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
First of all it takes only 10 to be fully charged. And fully charged is the strongest. This ain't brawl

Top Bottom