• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, I think Snake would be lighter if he was reintroduced. Or at least a bit faster.
Ganon would definitely be a super heavyweight.

Error, I accidentally voted "No" for Ivysaur; meant "Indifferent".

Pakky

Smash Hero
Third page though. Also got some feedback on my set which is cool. On the Topic of Snake if he does indeed come back would shadow Moses also comeback? And if it does, would it have that codex thing, an updated version perhaps with all the new characters including the DLC ones?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Shadow Moses would come back. It's a simple stage and I cannot see them adding a new series as DLC without a stage to go with it.
But will the codex return? I hope so, I would love to hear a blurb about Snake liking Ryu's taste in headwear.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh hey a new thread! Nice!

Snake would be cool, but what about Professor Layton?

He'd be a cool third party, and frankly I don't see Snake happening because Konami.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So what did I miss while I was gone bewtween June 24th and now, other than every future character coming from the ballot only?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I personally would want a Square Enix representative, namely one from Final Fantasy.

Preferably an established character rather than an avatar Warrior of Light/Onion Knight, so maybe Terra or Cecil? I'd say Bartz and Firion but I believe that II and V aren't as well-known as VI and IV. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Cloud seems like the best established character for the FF franchise. He is still known, his big sword and spiked hair are recognizable.

Next would probably be Mog as a representative of a moogle which borders on established/avatar.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
So what did I miss while I was gone bewtween June 24th and now, other than every future character coming from the ballot only?
I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but I thought there were two characters in the works or planned at the same time as Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. There were two other placeholders found in the same file, so I think that means that whatever characters these other two placeholders become were planned in advance to the ballot entries.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well this would explain why I haven't received any notifications for this thread...since it's a totally new thread to begin with...

Either way #Vote4Midna! #Vote4DarkSamus! #Vote4Ridley! #Vote4Impa!....:p

D

Deleted member

Regarding wanted DLC characters, pretty moderate.​

Bomberman, Pichu, King K. Rool, Ice Climbers, Lolo & Lala, Slime, Ray, Squirtle, and to a lesser extent Dixie Kong in order from most to least. Dixie Kong will shoot up if/when King K. Rool is made playable. Saki Amamiya is a maybe, others like Bandanna Dee and Paper Mario would be cool but I'm not really invested in them by any means. But given how no one outside of Mega Man in my pre-SSB4 wishlist (which was huge for various reasons for me, in hindsight Mega Man's inclusion was a miracle) made the initial roster, I will be lucky to get even one character from my list as DLC.

I will unconditionally praise Sakurai forever if Bomberman gets in

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
For an SE character, I previously supported Mog from Final Fantasy III (US). I was shouted down despite the fact he was: on the box art, host of the commercial, a mascot specimen, a PC, a spear user and a dancer with elemental abilities. So now, I'm going with the flow and offering up a more acceptable recommendation. Cloud Strife. This board loves huge swords, right? I can't think of a more popular great sword user than this guy. Sure his demeanor has come to resemble that of a moody teenager, but he's got a remake coming up, he's a bonafide Square Enix icon, and by golly, who wouldn't want to see Omnislash go off in an 8 player free for all?

Terra Branford is another great character who is well liked in Japan and the West, so that's another possibility. I haven't decided who I'm going to submit a second vote for, but these two have crossed my mind at one point or another. If neither gets in, no biggie. There's always Dissidia and the upcoming one looks decent.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

A long time ago, I had an idea, that Nintendo has a list of characters they want to use or think we want.

And that the ballot would break the "tie" from that list.

Characters outside the list wouldn't be considered.

I was confident in that so I...

Made a fake leak on 4chan. It was a bad experience. Don't do that.

Regardless, you can say I was quite surprised that idea pop up again (you know where).

So I ask you, what do you think of that process?

Possible? Impossible? Likely? Unlikely? What?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, as the previous thread doesn't live anymore, I'll update my main chart here :

The one main
:4shulk:

The other mains
:4samus::4mewtwo::4zss::4robinm:

The secondaries
:4mario::4yoshi::4falcon::4falco::4feroy:
:4lucas::4lucario::4greninja::4darkpit::4miibrawl:

The occasionnals
:4dk::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4luigi::4jigglypuff::4ness:
:4peach::4bowser::4sheik::4marth::4gaw::4drmario::4ganondorf:
:4metaknight::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4diddy::4dedede::4olimar::4tlink::4sonic:
:4villager::rosalina::4littlemac::4lucina::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miisword::4miigun:

The unplayables
:4link::4zelda::4charizard::4dedede::4rob::4wiifit::4palutena:

Also #ShantaeForSmash

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, as the previous thread doesn't live anymore, I'll update my main chart here :

The one main

The other mains

The secondaries

The occasionnals
:4metaknight::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4diddy::4dedede::4olimar::4tlink::4sonic:
:4villager::rosalina::4littlemac::4lucina::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miisword::4miigun:

The unplayables

Also #ShantaeForSmash
Oh, my turn!

The one main (who is not in the game yet)
midnaiconsmall.png

Who I will use until they are confirmed
:4lucina::4megaman::4lucario::rosalina:
Also #Midna&WolfLink4Smash
This is a fun game! :awesome:

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
So...

A long time ago, I had an idea, that Nintendo has a list of characters they want to use or think we want.

Regardless, you can say I was quite surprised that idea pop up again (you know where).

I honestly think that's a pretty plausible outcome if only for one factor: the announcer. One theory I thought about a while ago was that when DLC were going to be a thing, they gathered all the announcers in different languages (English but also Spanish, French, etc.) and recorded their lines for a list of characters they thought would be fitting choices for post-release DLC, even if most of these end up to be unused in the long run. This would be a way to have recorded lines ready to be used instead of calling the announcers back once they chose who is going to make in it as DLC, as well as a way to not be in a difficult situation in worst case scenario where one of the announcers is unable to do voice acting, like if they die or have an aphonia.

In other words, I think it's very possible that all the announcer calls for all potential DLC characters already had been done, and that supporting anyone who didn't get their line recorded for DLC is a lost cause unless they're willing at Namco-Bandai to call the announcers back for one specific character.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

The one main

The other mains

The secondaries

The occasionnals

The unplayables

Also #ShantaeForSmash
Huh, how odd...

...your tier list is a space shuttle. That's pretty cool.

Who else went to space in a spaceship that isn't currently in game?

That's right. It's yet more Captain Toad propaganda! Rejoice!

#FunguysForSmash

(Fungirls also welcome, Toadette)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Huh, how odd...

...your tier list is a space shuttle. That's pretty cool.

Who else went to space in a spaceship that isn't currently in game?

That's right. It's yet more Captain Toad propaganda! Rejoice!

#FunguysForSmash
(Fungirls also welcome, Toadette)
His list also looks like a Christmas Trees.
Which you put glittering stuff in.
You know who likes to collect glittering stuff?

"There's actually a lot of those, I mean you can make a cause for Captain Toad again, perhaps even Meowth."

It's Nabbit. (Though Captain Toad is good too.)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The one main

The other mains

The secondaries

The occasionnals

The unplayables

Also #ShantaeForSmash
Go ahead and post mines

Mains
:4littlemac::4robinm::4wiifit:
Secondary
:4myfriends::4zss::4ryu::4shulk::4lucina:
For Fun
:4falcon::4samus::4falco::4drmario::4sonic::4wario2::4mewtwo::4lucas::4megaman:
Don't Play
:4metaknight::4charizard::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4sheik::4rob:
#DixieKong4Smash
#Free:wolf:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ridley....the dude doesn't even need a spaceship he can just take off and that's that....
But then he didn't take off in a spaceship into space did he?

STRIKE HIM FROM THE RECORD. HE DOES NOT FIT INTO THAT NICHE QUESTION.

Wolf however, is a perfectly acceptable example. As are any other Pikmin captains.

So...

Honestly I assumed that was what they were doing but with some room for characters to get onto said shortlist with huge demand.

For instance say K Rool could break his way onto the list from absurd demand but say. . . Petey Piranha votes would not really have an impact.

bit other than huge demand they would pretty much use who they though would fit and use the ballot to choose who is the highest priority. Just my theory.

Also if we are talking Square Enix characters I will still want Agnes Oblige/Edea Lee :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also if we are talking Square Enix characters I will still want Agnes Oblige/Edea Lee :p
Geno
Black Mage, Kefka and Adam Jensen are my favourites though only Black Mage has the iconicness of others on the roster.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but I thought there were two characters in the works or planned at the same time as Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. There were two other placeholders found in the same file, so I think that means that whatever characters these other two placeholders become were planned in advance to the ballot entries.
Data mining found a series of placeholder "Mario" slots in an update. Of these, two are remaining after the release of Lucas, Roy and Ryu.

This doesn't mean that there are 2 more pre-ballot characters though. My interpretation is that there are 2 more characters remaining full stop, both coming from the ballot.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
People are wasting time with wasted 3rd party slots like Laton ( I think )and Shovel Knight. They ignore a way better choice. I'm talking about Banjo and kazooie Maxwell

Pakky

Smash Hero
or
I have become obsessed with Dig Dug after thinking about what he could do... hur hur fetish joke.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Forever team Dixie Kong... and Daisy. Also bring back my precious Ice Climbers please and thank you in advance.

i just noticed that Rayman 1 design body look like...
Kid icarus and rayman confirmed same universe :troll:

Ok so i hate the idea of AT dlc. But this guy is the exception. I still think the fact this guy doesnt appear as a smash run enemy or an AT or even a trophy to my knowledge is a crime

Edit

and close your spoilers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom