• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Crew: State of the Business

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like the idea. hell, its better than what we have now (i.e. nothing). i'd say, though, that we should make it so you can't pass through the road from below and can grab the edges. as for the walkoffs, would we keep the cars?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i'd say keep teh cars, make the side and bottom roads passable up from below but not down from above, leave the middle plat as a plat

this prevents someone from gimping via dropping down from above, deters edge camping, and keeps us from having a cave of life

hmm...should we expand the bottom road? slow down teh cars?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That idea is amazing.

But how would we go about the walk offs on the top level?

They'll still exist. Unless you want to speed up the cars or something.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the cars would deter boundary camping, plus we could increase the blast zones on the X axis so you would have to go really far into the "bubble zone" before you could successfully border camp.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Ive been a bit behind. Ive been trying to get used to the programs needed since I never really figured out how to use them. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to use all of them so I can start working on a project soon. :( Sorry I haven't done anything yet.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Speaking of projects, things are about to get pretty active -- if it isn't already common knowledge, models can now be imported from other Wii games. I personally am beginning work on Zero, with the model from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. So, I should update the progress of my projects --

Ganondorf as Sigma : delayed
Ike as Isaac : canceled
ROB for Brawl- : finished

Now I'm working on Zero. I'm getting help animating him from Razanak7, who's quite a competent animator.

The plan is to remake him essentially from scratch; the only thing I'm taking from my old Zero PSA is ideas and experience. Here's a visual layout of my plans thus far: http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1678/zeromovesetillus.png

Currently the biggest hurdle is resizing Zero properly, but fortwaffles has made headway on model resizing. Unfortunately, the method requires vertex editing -- the method for that requires using a modeling program such as Anim8or, which my computer couldn't run for whatever reason.

Here's his resizing post:

just scale up the vertices in vertex editing,
then use this : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025fbf71e74b1fbc142f7e866bfb1230ce0
to scale all bones translations by the same amount (which only supports whole numbers at the moment)
and it should work...
the program simply multiplies whatever number you have in the clipboard by the number you define, so you can go through each one, and hit control c, then control V
If anyone would like to give resizing him a go, here's the download for all we have thus far: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zyhna2unzj5

Otherwise, I'll have to either request help or hope that upgrading to Windows 7 has fixed my problem and give it another go.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
isnt there a 'model size' attribute, editable in PSA?
Yes, it's right under weight. However, it also increases the size of graphic effects, hitboxes, and hurtboxes. The latter is the reason I'm trying to avoid using that as a solution.

Veril

Frame Savant
The bulborb was never a real problem. The problems were blastzone camping, phantasm camping, its hugeness overall, and basically the whole left side. The bulborb SHOULD eat people imo, getting eaten is completely avoidable, and easily...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
we've had this conversation a lot of times in the past so i'm going to give you the run down, seeing as you're new to the whole stage development discussion:

Permanent waterfall a la Paprika eliminates border camping. the downside of this was camping on the water fall with certain characters. while this has yet to be remedied, the more easily addressed problem was that the stage became uncomfortably small. however, fear of being eaten moved the play more to the waterfall, which was originally meant to deter play from that side. the "friendly bulborb" opens up the right side more, but still gives the threat of having to return to the stage once you leave (and with the thing leaving whenever you land on it, camping is a pretty bad idea). this fix changes it from being a random occurrence to a purely player controlled punishment. making the bulborb not[/i[ eat the people means you are now free to safely move over that gap, but it also puts you in the position where you have to come back, which is very bad. this fix makes the game more player based in what leads to punishments instead of having something instantly kill people randomly s a punishment.

The Cape

Smash Master
So Kaotical has life fail johns and cant be on right now. I am gonna assist him and help get this **** sorted out.

Can I get someone to update me on everything that we currrently have please?

We have Zero with Eldarian and possibly this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9622716&postcount=101

I have free time to work on one of these and would like to do so. I would also like to see an update on the stages ASAP.

shanus

Smash Hero
Zero status update: thanks to fortwaffles' model resizer, I have successfully resized Zero, and thanks to RandomTBush, his textures are fixed. Currently I am contacting my collaborators to amass all the completed animations, and then I will begin work on the Zero PSA.

Also, I made some updates to the moveset illustration.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3408506/ZeroMovesetIllus2-21-10.png
That's beautiful. It'll be nice to see the final results!

Which comes first, Project M beta or Zero? Either way it'll be a long time :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That's beautiful. It'll be nice to see the final results!

Which comes first, Project M beta or Zero? Either way it'll be a long time :(
I dunno if you guys saw it, but the Trainers will probably be my little thing, but I'll more than welcome help on them as the inevitable flood of requests pour in.

=P They're also Brawl+/ProjectM applicable as well, just gotta put the same lines into the .pac files.

-DD

Top Bottom