• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
After a long long absence, I just came here to say that the last 2 characters will be
  • Haohamaru or Nakoruru
  • Eggman or Tails

Yes, I'm doubling down on the repeat-party theory.

Cause sounds to me like its a lot easier to have had planned in advance if the 1st fighter pass was going to be do well, and make an additional deal with every party involved if that were the case, than to have spoken with different parties in advance.
This might have started with Cloud main roster + Hero DLC pushback, and Steve deals (& Banjo).

Otoad64

Smash Lord
So... sorry about the delays in the math stuff. Turns out, I went down a massive rabbit hole as instead of focusing on the answers. I started changing my methods a bit more in regards to how I do my calculations. I used to try and predict the next trendline, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt that was unnecessary.

So... I decided to invent the most complicated method to ever grace this planet... the eyeball test.

No, seriously, it's like... super duper complicated... because I was overthinking it the entire time :p

I thought that if I just tracked, with my eyeball, the movements of the points on the graph, that it would be way off wack. Because... well... lots of degree of uncertainty. But, as I learned with the human brain, the major amount of uncertainty comes in if you over complicate stuff.... which I did originally here lol.

SO. I decided to take a look back, and... well... start simplifying stuff. And I'm starting to recalculate my projected/predicted colors. So stuff may take a bit, but in the mean time, here's my earliest result so far for Fighter 10.

Although, due note, I still have yet to dial some stuff in, so this is just preliminary stuff for right now. So stuff can certainly change. And... of course, this is just math. So, this isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just meant to be fun!
what series stars a pink protagonist? Kirby.
what series is known for a pastel like color palette? Kirby.
who's the most logical next Kirby rep? Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
It's mostly for fun, but it somehow managed to get surprisingly close to Pyra and Mythra's background. Still, it's mostly just for fun and just because.
It was pretty close for Pythra iirc
Ah yeah I figured, it does seem like a lot of fun and I'm very glad we have that speculation going on, I was just curious if it got close before. Thanks for your responses

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Tbh, I find it really hard to think of a character that would fit with salmon pink.

Closest matches that comes to mind are Reimu and Octoling. Maybe a Kirby character.

Some people have said Arle, but I dunno, maybe it's because I'm relatively new to the Puyo fanbase, but pink isn't really the first color that comes to mind when I think of the series, and it would fit someone like Amitie or Ringo better than Arle imo.

So... I have no clue who it would be. Assuming this was indeed their background, tbh.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Tbh, I find it really hard to think of a character that would fit with salmon pink.

Closest matches that comes to mind are Reimu and Octoling. Maybe a Kirby character.

Some people have said Arle, but I dunno, maybe it's because I'm relatively new to the Puyo fanbase, but pink isn't really the first color that comes to mind when I think of the series, and it would fit someone like Amitie or Ringo better than Arle imo.

So... I have no clue who it would be. Assuming this was indeed their background, tbh.
Granted, Pyra's background was similar to the math, but not quite the same. We could easily get a more reddish or pinkish color for CP10's background instead

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Oh. Is it a pink for some of you guys? I looks like a very light orange to me. I guess it could be my screen. 🤔

EDIT: Or maybe my eyeballs :p

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Granted, Pyra's background was similar to the math, but not quite the same. We could easily get a more reddish or pinkish color for CP10's background instead
Other shades of pink wouldn't really change too much imo.

Red, though? That opens up doors for Kiryu, Dante and several characters from unrepped companies.

Oh. Is it a pink for some of you guys? I looks like a very light orange to me. I guess it could be my screen. 🤔

EDIT: Or maybe my eyeballs :p
Huh, interesting. Maybe you sampled the wrong color while making your post?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Huh, interesting. Maybe you sampled the wrong color while making your post?
Nah. Perception fortunately doesn't matter in calculations as I just use the color's raw RGB value. So the result should hopefully be fine (other than the dials I need to phone in later.)

I just thought there was more orange than pink originally. But the more I look at it, I can definitely see a bit of that pink/salmon coming through. It definitely looks like a peach color.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nah. Perception fortunately doesn't matter in calculations as I just use the color's raw RGB value. So the result should hopefully be fine (other than the dials I need to phone in later.)

I just thought there was more orange than pink originally. But the more I look at it, I can definitely see a bit of that pink/salmon coming through. It definitely looks like a peach color.
I mean, if it's Orange, then it's almost certainly Crash.

But I kinda see it as Salmon-ish.

This is going to be the black/blue or white/gold dress, isn't it?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean, if it's Orange, then it's almost certainly Crash.

But I kinda see it as Salmon-ish.

This is going to be the black/blue or white/gold dress, isn't it?
Clearly salmons are actually bright orange and I didn't know I was colorblind. :4pacman:

But on a separate note, I actually don't see Crash's background being orange unless it was really light or really dark. It would kinda... crash with his fur otherwise. :roll:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
So... sorry about the delays in the math stuff. Turns out, I went down a massive rabbit hole as instead of focusing on the answers. I started changing my methods a bit more in regards to how I do my calculations. I used to try and predict the next trendline, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt that was unnecessary.

So... I decided to invent the most complicated method to ever grace this planet... the eyeball test.

No, seriously, it's like... super duper complicated... because I was overthinking it the entire time :p

I thought that if I just tracked, with my eyeball, the movements of the points on the graph, that it would be way off wack. Because... well... lots of degree of uncertainty. But, as I learned with the human brain, the major amount of uncertainty comes in if you over complicate stuff.... which I did originally here lol.

SO. I decided to take a look back, and... well... start simplifying stuff. And I'm starting to recalculate my projected/predicted colors. So stuff may take a bit, but in the mean time, here's my earliest result so far for Fighter 10.

Although, due note, I still have yet to dial some stuff in, so this is just preliminary stuff for right now. So stuff can certainly change. And... of course, this is just math. So, this isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just meant to be fun!
Hmm... I can see that color or a similar shade of orange going with this guy maybe:

51B7F82F-818A-4590-BADA-AF8F60DE35E5.jpeg

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've been out for a while, working probably way too much.

What are we speculating about now? Also, I never got to see what people here thought of the Dark Pit glitch.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Anime RPG protag: I sleep.

ANIME ACTION SIDESCROLLER PROTAG: ****ING ASCENDED!

and for that reason, i want you to talk about Gunvolt tonight!

His series started as a little EShop title, and later managed to get multiple Spin-Off games, his series is gonna become a trilogy with the former two now having physical releases, and is probably one of the most recently popular Indie characters of Japanese origin, (that actually gets games properly localized without fan-patches, sorry Rei) and has even managed to get in some western indie crossovers like Runbow and Indie Pogo.

Yea his series is smol, but what the **** did you expect from and Indie anyway? It's like going to watch some Yuri and ask "Where all dems Straight Girls at?"

Besides, the last reveals always tend to be of smaller scale anyway, so i see him as a good underdog/dark horse pick.

Estelle? That'd be awesome.

And also a good matchup for Ganondorf.

View attachment 308421

:4pacman:
Oh so this is where the famous Free Player VS Paid Player gif originates from!

Ganon mains crying at the thought of another anime girl with a disjointed weapon kicking their **** in, and here you are making jokes. :079:
This is what Ganon gets for thinking that staying with a bootleg Captain Falcon moveset would get him somehwere, you could go bring some magic like Projectiles, Smack the Ground for electric shockwaves and levitate but noooooooooo, he's gotta Go "MUH POWER", and "MUH ALIENATING FANBASE IF I EVER CHANGE A SINGLE MOVE" ****. Yeah, keep telling yourself that Pokrchops, you're gonna go far with that, it's not like Bowser changed his kit and got more popular along the way or anything.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anime RPG protag: I sleep.

ANIME ACTION SIDESCROLLER PROTAG: ****ING ASCENDED!

and for that reason, i want you to talk about Gunvolt tonight!

His series started as a little EShop title, and later managed to get multiple Spin-Off games, his series is gonna become a trilogy with the former two now having physical releases, and is probably one of the most recently popular Indie characters of Japanese origin, (that actually gets games properly localized without fan-patches, sorry Rei) and has even managed to get in some western indie crossovers like Runbow and Indie Pogo.

Yea his series is smol, but what the **** did you expect from and Indie anyway? It's like going to watch some Yuri and ask "Where all dems Straight Girls at?"

Besides, the last reveals always tend to be of smaller scale anyway, so i see him as a good underdog/dark horse pick.

Oh so this is where the famous Free Player VS Paid Player gif originates from!

This is what Ganon gets for thinking that staying with a bootleg Captain Falcon moveset would get him somehwere, you could go bring some magic like Projectiles, Smack the Ground for electric shockwaves and levitate but noooooooooo, he's gotta Go "MUH POWER", and "MUH ALIENATING FANBASE IF I EVER CHANGE A SINGLE MOVE" ****. Yeah, keep telling yourself that Pokrchops, you're gonna go far with that, it's not like Bowser changed his kit and got more popular along the way or anything.
Dude

dude I would literally die of hype if Gunvolt got in, I heckin love his games and damn I NEED that music

I. NEED. IT.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've been out for a while, working probably way too much.

What are we speculating about now? Also, I never got to see what people here thought of the Dark Pit glitch.
I'm still talking about Dragalia Lost whenever I can, mostly in regards to another JRPG rep and/or another first party pick.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

This is good for (insert most wanted here), because (most wanted) has (insert vague connection to a salmony color)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
How most countries see pink: A girly color

How Japan sees pink:
D E A T H
Marluxia has entered the chat

BTW:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Dude

dude I would literally die of hype if Gunvolt got in, I heckin love his games and damn I NEED that music

I. NEED. IT.
INB4 everyone complains because "he can constantly deal damage from all the way across the stage" when in reality the projectile attack that lets him do that is pretty committal and you just have to rush him down + he has a gauge that limits his Septima use anyway.

Personally, I didn't like Asure Striker: Gunvolt because Gunvolt's Septima, while not nearly as problematic as Xellerate, is kinda clunky, the levels aren't always clear in their path forward so sometimes I jump off and die, the mix of Mega Man (think fast & remember patterns) and endgame Kirby (barf hitboxes all over the screen) boss design tendancies is infuriating, and I'm not a fan of subs, especially outside of cut-scenes where my attention needs to be elsewhere.

I think the slower on average attacks of Super Smash Bros. would make Gunvolt a lot more fun to control, and I would be interested to see how exactly his Septima is handled, so I'm not against his inclusion despite my issues with his home game (didn't play the sequels).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And with this, RIP Bandana Waddle Dee, Adeleine, and Susie

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hmmm, doesn't completely kill their chances but doing this now doesn't give much hope does it?
Oh well, I wasn't thinking Susie was super likely anyways.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom