• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So, E3's almost here (I'm not as excited as I would be because I still have an exam tomorrow - yay), but nothing's been leaked or hinted at. To pass the time a bit, here's a game: the last 2 images with characters on your phone are the next characters.

For me, that leaves:
View attachment 318926
Big Boss and
View attachment 318925
Low Quality Demi-Fiend. There you go, that's how smash Ultimate is ending
Hope y'all are ready for the Wrex and Garrus double reveal

OH GOD OH ****
View attachment 318929

CHAAAAAAAAARGE!
TOTSUGEKI

Rabbids are literally the Minions of video games.
Minions are the Store Brand Rabbids of film

volbound1700

Smash Master
The problem with Rayman is that without his direct creators, Ubisoft often has little interest in the franchise due to a perceived lack of profit potential. There's easier money in the Rabbids, hence why they're getting the crossovers while Rayman would be lucky to get a mobile spin-off. When the biggest release of your franchise of the last five years is a fan made remake of the first game (Rayman Redemption) that's not a good sign.
Great points. I didn't realize that the creators were no longer at Ubisoft. This is likely why they are hesitant to include him in anything. Still the Mario + Rabbid series is very different from the Rayman series. They would have leeway with including him in the game. It makes sense to include him.

The issue with not having his direct creators might be another reason for him NOT being in Smash.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
That ended up being the second Smash reveal related dream I had.

Except I had a dream it ended up being a double reveal of both the Metal Gear Rising incarnation of Raiden and Reimu. All I remember was that Raidens was your typical "Badass" trailer showcasing him while Reimu's somehow made her out to be a psychopath with her assaulting Wario and Joker when they got near her Shrine and then having a tea party with those two but injured.

It seemed like a typical Smash related dream I had that seemed remotely in the realm of possibility... until the stuff after Smash in this direct ended up being a Limp Bizkit concert and that's when I knew it was a weird dream and I woke up.

So yeah. That happened.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So with less then 56 hours to go, what are everyone's final prediction regarding the next smash fighter(s), if we're getting one reveal or a double and why.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Double reveal if we have more characters coming but single if we have this is the last pass. I think if crash is coming we see him here but if I had to guess we see master chief. So my prediction on two characters would be we see a Nintendo character first and at the end crash/master cheif or whatever last big 3rd party rep we see.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So, E3's almost here (I'm not as excited as I would be because I still have an exam tomorrow - yay), but nothing's been leaked or hinted at. To pass the time a bit, here's a game: the last 2 images with characters on your phone are the next characters.

For me, that leaves:
View attachment 318926
Big Boss and
View attachment 318925
Low Quality Demi-Fiend. There you go, that's how smash Ultimate is ending
Guess the final 2 characters are the OutRun car and Barack Obama

Ivander

Smash Legend
Rabbids are literally the Minions of video games.
Rabbids came first. Rayman Raving Rabbids came in 2006 while Despicable Me came in 2010. So Minions are the Rabbids of movies.

That being said, both do have the problem of being funny at first, then later shoved into alot of media with rather forced humor. But if Nintendo and Mario can actually make the Rabbids quite tolerable and decently funny again, maybe there's hope for the Mario movie by Illumination.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At E3, we in fact get a triple reveal; both DLC characters and Fighter #0... Master Hand.

The latter of whom was so cleverly hidden in the game's code that they're retroactively declared a base game fighter going forward.
Excuse me you forgot Fighter 0e - Crazy Hand as Master Hand’s echo :4pacman:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So with less then 56 hours to go, what are everyone's final prediction regarding the next smash fighter(s), if we're getting one reveal or a double and why.
My heart says Dante and Demi-Fiend double reveal.
My brain says either a Master Chief and Reimu double reveal or Crash and Reimu double reveal to appeal to both the east and west.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You know I've always been wondering what could happen when the Lloyd costume comes back with Challenger pack 10. Do you think they'll do something special like instead of getting mii costumes, we'll get something different with Challenger pack 11, maybe alternate costumes for characters, melee version characters, echo fighters, show off three more stages to fill up the stage list, etc?

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Rabbids came first. Rayman Raving Rabbids came in 2006 while Despicable Me came in 2010. So Minions are the Rabbids of movies.

That being said, both do have the problem of being funny at first, then later shoved into alot of media with rather forced humor. But if Nintendo and Mario can actually make the Rabbids quite tolerable and decently funny again, maybe there's hope for the Mario movie by Illumination.
I'm sure it will at least be better than the other Mario movie

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it’s one reveal, Crash or a League of Legends champion, with the Final Video Presentation around August-September (maybe July if we’re lucky)

if it’s a double, here are my possible combinations:
  • Crash and Reimu
  • Crash and LoL
  • Reimu and LoL
  • Octoling and Crash
  • Octoling and LoL
  • Octoling and… KOS-MOS?
  • LoL and KOS-MOS
  • Crash and KOS-MOS
  • Octoling and Neku (if Square double dips)
  • Crash and Neku (see above)
  • LoL and Neku
  • KOS-MOS and Neku

If the blank slot on the eshop is a bonus (ergo, individual DLC like Piranha Plant) it could be an Echo of a DLC character (like Violet for Joker, or T-elos for KOS-MOS) or a first party that can be represented with minimal content like Elma. I’ll take her even if she only comes with Uncontrollable as a song and literally NOTHING else from X.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Right now it's Sol Badguy and Waluigi. I'm not completely sure on Sol, but I've always had a feeling the last one was Waluigi.

And we're getting a double reveal because it's E3 and I really don't feel like Nintendo would stretch it out for no reason when they have such a large event to hype it up at.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sakurai has Game Builder Garage, and he's having a blast with it.

Literally.
Maybe a Spirit Event in the future?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Idk man Rabbids Go Home is one of the best Wii exclusives known to man

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Literally.
He made a shmup game… 🤔

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I don't have an exact answer, but I'm expecting a more lowkey reveal in the form of a first-party or lesser-known third-party, just because Smash games typically tend to frontload their announcement schedules with the most requested and well-known characters and I don't see us surpassing Steve and Sephiroth on that front for FP10 or FP11.

I'm also only expecting one reveal. This pass has been incredibly consistent about keeping the time difference between a fighter's reveal, presentation, and release relatively short and I really don't see them breaking that pattern anytime soon.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Literally.
I passed on that game because there's no game browser in it and I'm not personally that good at creating things.

Is it worth it?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I’m not sure on if they’ll both be revealed but our final two fighters will be Lu Bu and Off The Hook, the latter will have a fake-out trailer where it will seem like a regular Inkopolis News Time broadcast, but the announcement is that they’ll join Smash. That or a recreation of the original Smash Ultimate trailer with the flaming Smash ball.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I passed on that game because there's no game browser in it and I'm not personally that good at creating things.

Is it worth it?
I don't have it, so I can't really give a fair opinion on it.

All I can say is that it looks fun. If I had it, you bet your arse I'd make a game pretending Sora and Crash are in Smash

Ivander

Smash Legend

Literally.
He made a shmup game… 🤔
Space Invaders confirmed. :4pacman:
That looks alot more like Sinistar than Space Invaders.

Idk man Rabbids Go Home is one of the best Wii exclusives known to man
I'm talking more about the TV game/3rd game on the Wii and the ones after Go Home. The first two and Go Home were pretty good.

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm expecting a double reveal, but I have no idea which characters are going to show up. Based on the past few Smash reveals at E3 one Third Party character is probably a safe bet. Maybe Crash? But I kind of want it to be a character that no one expects.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If we do get a double reveal, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a combination of a "Safe/heavily requested" character and one no one expected or everyone has written off.

Meaning we could get Crash/Hayabusa/Dante/Lloyd alongside someone like Sol Badguy/Reimu/Insert other smaller/nicher character here.

That is provided if we do get a double reveal. But that would be the best way to go about it if they do that.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If we do get a double reveal, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a combination of a "Safe/heavily requested" character and one no one expected or everyone has written off.

Meaning we could get Crash/Hayabusa/Dante/Lloyd alongside someone like Sol Badguy/Reimu/Insert other smaller/nicher character here.

That is provided if we do get a double reveal. But that would be the best way to go about it if they do that.
Waluigi fits the bill for "character that no one has expected or written off"

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

On the contrary, I wouldn't be shocked if it's none of the character predicted in the community.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
I was expecting a double reveal, but now the possibility of not announcing CP11 at E3, so the Smash hype can live on for a few extra months until a Direct like Smash 4's Final Video Presentation airs later this year, sounds quite plausible. I'm conflicted. I won't even bother predicting who they are, though. As much as I need to learn that predictions are naturally likely to be wrong, Smash is so hard to predict that many people won't even try.

As for my other E3 predictions, I think we're definitely getting BotW2, a new Kirby and a new Fire Emblem, might be getting ARMS 2 or a new Donkey Kong and, if I'm extremely lucky, may get a teaser for the next 3D Mario as the 'one last thing'.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm really interested into seeing more Mario + Rabbids 2 gameplay; I want to know how the Sparks work.

Also my wishlist includes another Pikmin game and Mother 3 localized. As well as another Mario mainline game.

Also who's even considered likely anymore? Crash? Master Chief? Dante? These are all kind of weak predictions.
Crash, Master Chief and Ayumi are the three names I read the most, potentially Demifiend and Phoenix Wright too.

But I wouldn't call them weak, they would definitely beat me in a fight.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman

Literally.
Here are some examples of what people have done

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bro

aside from Smash and Splatoon 3 the only other thing I want from Nintendo’s E3 is of course, Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition

and a glorious F-Zero comeback but what are the chances of THAT happening

Technomage

Smash Champion
Okay, here's a question: If a new series were to be added by the last DLCs, what would their series emblems be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom