• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just want to say that whoever is the last DLC character for Ultimate, people will freak out, people will be angry, people will die on the inside, others will be happy and excited, some will be immature about it, and some others will make fun of and pick on those whose most wanted did not get in; basically kind of like the end of the world.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I used to drink Soda almost exclusively. Like going through a 12 pack in a couple days kinda drinking. My health was getting so bad I was forced to switch over to water about 2 years ago and now my spit isn’t brown. Probably saved me from wearing dentures when I get older.

Long story short, life is miserable and I miss the fizzy juice. :4pacman:

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I used to drink Soda almost exclusively. Like going through a 12 pack in a couple days kinda drinking. My health was getting so bad I was forced to switch over to water about 2 years ago and now my spit isn’t brown. Probably saved me from wearing dentures when I get older.

Long story short, life is miserable and I miss the fizzy juice. :4pacman:
I limit myself to one per day, and that’s only whenever it’s actually in my house. I usually just slam down water or milk otherwise.

Oh, right, speculation Thread. Gotta keep this post relevant…
I just want to say that whoever is the last DLC character for Ultimate, people will freak out, people will be angry, people will die on the inside, others will be happy and excited, some will be immature about it, and some others will make fun of and pick on those whose most wanted did not get in; basically kind of like the end of the world.
And it will be glorious. If it’s someone I want, I’m going to be chin-deep in satisfaction.

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Some excerpts from the interview.

tweets
That second one I think especially rings true. Part of the problem with people trying to read into Sakurai's posts for hints is that social media only ever gives you a peak into someone's life and personality. No one here knows Sakurai and using random quotes from interviews and his social media as a representation of Sakurai's most pure thoughts is folly. Especially when he already is so PR conscious about what he says since people construe it as hints.

I think back to when Sakurai mentioned that he considered Geno for Brawl and thinks he's a cool character. People really latched onto that and championed Geno as one of the most likely characters. What people don't realize is that Geno is likely among countless characters who were at least considered for Smash at some point and who Sakurai thought were cool. People latched onto Geno more because he happened to be the one Sakurai brought up in that specific case, and having an established fan presence didn't hurt. If instead of Geno he mentioned one of the other dozens of characters he liked, I have no doubt they would incessantly be brought up in speculation.

Harada even talked about this in the video. He mentioned one time that he liked tequila, and then everywhere he went they offered him tequila like it was the only thing he drank. I see this happen all the time. Sakurai played X game once turns into "Sakurai has always been a big fan of X". Sakurai gets playful once or twice turns into "Sakurai is a known troll". Sakurai off-handily mentions that X character was briefly considered turns into " X character has always been a frontrunner". I wish people would stop acting like they knew everything about the man based on spur of the moment comments he makes.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Exactly
Some ideas I had even though some of these have a super low chance of happening (besides Gill)

Rain from MK
Sub-Zero from MK
Rylai form Dota 2
Jack Frost from SMT
Glacius from KI
Amiti from Golden Sun
Undine from Tales Of
Gyrados
Great taste on your picks. At most, I would add wahing machine rotom to that list.

I’m 60% confident the last character will be a new company. Just am. I’m ready to die on that Hill.
Pretty big brained. I never considered a company itself joining in as a fighter. :4pacman:

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
god damnit ya know what I meant.
I know what you meant:
Sakurai: "Here is the last fighter. You arent seeing anything wrong. This is the EA headquarters added as the final fighter. I wasnt sure who to add from EA so Nintendo and I decided to represent them by using the company itself.

For its neutral special it will churn out copy of one of its many FIFA games. And its up special will involve shutting down other development companies to save itself. For its grab, it puts the opponent inside a loot box. "Surprise mechanics" Sakurai laughs"

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I know what you meant:
Sakurai: "Here is the last fighter. You arent seeing anything wrong. This is the EA headquarters added as the final fighter. I wasnt sure who to add from EA so Nintendo and I decided to represent them by using the company itself.

For its neutral special it will churn out copy of one of its many FIFA games. And its up special will involve shutting down other development companies to save itself. For its grab, it puts the opponent inside a loot box. "Surprise mechanics" Sakurai laughs"
EA to sakurai: “trust me this is my vision”

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Most Americans are chronically dehydrated. But not drinking TAP WATER is fine. And technically there's water in all canned beverages, beer and wine, fruit juices, tea, coffee, milk.... So it's not as if by avoiding plain water you're not getting water in your diet buuut you should consider replacing your daily liquid intake with 6 to 8 glasses of water a day then a soda or whatever in between and if that's too much liquid then don't drink the soda or whatever just the water. I love Topo Chico carbonated water myself but any water is fine.

Tldr you can get by without drinking plain water but you'll most likely be dehydrated and just not know it.

About the taste of water yes it is both odorless and tasteless but because of its properties it ends up mixing very well with minerals and other materials that do have a taste (salt, sulfur, chlorine, etc). In Hutchinson, KS for example the city was built upon giant salt deposits so the city water not only tastes horrible and can even make you sick, if not properly filtered between the street and your plumbing you could have pipe rot.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
There are no shoo-ins for the next game.
I mean pretty much every Smash game is guranteed to have a new Pokemon or Fire Emblem character, whether they be for the base game or DLC. Likewise, Sakurai always likes to throw in a surprise fighter, from Mr. Game & Watch in Melee to Piranha Plant in Ultimate.

Considering how massively successful Ring Fit Adventure has turned out, that also feels like a safe bet for the next game as well, like how Inkling was for Ultimate.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And it will be glorious. If it’s someone I want, I’m going to be chin-deep in satisfaction.
Ah, glorious, one of my favorite words of all time. How people will react to the last character, as well as the end of Smash Bros. Ultimate itself, will indeed be glorious.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Ever since we started getting new characters in smash, he has been getting killed quite a lot. Starting with Ridley in 2018.
I still find it funny how bbc news has a dedicated news page to Luigi being killed but nothing for sephiroth killing mario.

SKX31

Smash Master
Saw some water talk
And I thought to myself
"More fighters based on the water element would be sick!" "Like Gill Grunt"
Mentions an ice user
Not Morphling, the literal water elemental
"Didn't you see me waving?" - Morphling, when KOing someone. Particularily fun and / or obnoxious to hear when the killing blow comes from the Morphling literally turning himself into a tidal wave. :roll:

It's an RNG-based move, except there's no difference between any of them besides updated graphics. :4pacman:
Oh don't forget that certain gameplay elements can suddenly be borked due to the yearly release schedule and the focus on the card-collecting FUT indirectly putting a lot of pressure on the devs and thus causing issues elsewhere.

Spoilered and edited to a different clip entirely to avoid autoplay issues:

(Edit: It's a shame that this happens too, but not blaming the devs because of the above. This is coming from someone who wants to like the series, but... man, the issues can feel nagging sometimes.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom