• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well, I suppose that's that then. It still hasn't really settled in that the Ultimate roster has come to an end, thus concluding this speculation cycle, and honestly I don't think it will until Sora is out. Though honestly what I find even more insane is that this was relatively really close to Smash 4's hype cycle, and Ultimate started development right after... if you think about it, this era of speculation started with Villager at E3 2013 and ended with Sora October 2021. Over eight years. That's wild.

Needless to say we probably won't see another Smash game for at least a decade if what Sakurai says is true. Whatever the next game holds for us is a mystery, and when in due time Smash speculation starts picking up speed once again, I'll no doubt be there for the ride. But for now, I think I and many others just wanna rest on our laurels and enjoy the Ultimate until the very end.

The characters are all revealed, but that just means the game is just beginning!
1633918077633.png

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
In the meantime, if any of your are looking for a game to play while you wait for Smash 6, I have one for you.

It's called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Scol be like:

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 7.08.01 PM.png

but really it is time that we just stop staring at the CSS and actually play the game lmao. I'm gonna do a World of Light Nuzlocke and it'll be sick.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just got the three Metroid Dread spirits. The E.M.M.I one was ******* so I went with Plant and just spammed poison.

Hopefully we'll get more spirit events so the crossover can continue!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I just got the three Metroid Dread spirits. The E.M.M.I one was ******* so I went with Plant and just spammed poison.

Hopefully we'll get more spirit events so the crossover can continue!
The lack of Undertale spirits definitely seems weird, I would have figured it'd have happened by now.
I mean, they'll need to update the game a few times throughout the next year or two anyway with the last few amiibo, they may as well get some events out in the meantime... so hopefully we keep seeing those for a bit~!

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Speaking of amiibo, and as an avid amiibo collector, I certainly hope that we end up getting a Sora amiibo.

I'd be pretty sad if it turned it we got one for essentially every character EXCEPT for what we could consider the #1 pick.
At this point we have every other character announced to be getting Amiibo I have no doubt we get a sora amiibo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m still kinda sad Xenoblade X got the short stick as well

literally all we have are the Formula Skell, Lao, Lin, Tatsu… and Elma. Elma’s Spirit unlock is special, you gotta get to the final battle area or so to do it

my dumb ass thought that meant something. We didn’t even get music either

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I’m still kinda sad Xenoblade X got the short stick as well

literally all we have are the Formula Skell, Lao, Lin, Tatsu… and Elma. Elma’s Spirit unlock is special, you gotta get to the final battle area or so to do it

my dumb ass thought that meant something. We didn’t even get music either
I really thought we were going to get a Elma or a KOS-MOS costume with Pythra. A missed opportunity right there. Not even a single XC2 costume either. They legit had 2 spots left or they could even have left out the Palico costume, which equals to 3 spots for Elma, KOS-MOS, and a XC2 character. It's weird how in these past three waves there were no costumes related to the series. Sora I can understand but XC and Tekken? They are not only easy to get but they have plenty of characters that could easily be made into Miis.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I really thought we were going to get a Elma or a KOS-MOS costume with Pythra. A missed opportunity right there. Not even a single XC2 costume either. They legit had 2 spots left or they could even have left out the Palico costume, which equals to 3 spots for Elma, KOS-MOS, and a XC2 character. It's weird how in these past three waves there were no costumes related to the series. Sora I can understand but XC and Tekken? They are not only easy to get but they have plenty of characters that could easily be made into Miis.
Speaking of missed Miis, I thought it was weird that Byleth came with NO FE costumes

not even of a TMS character. We have a Spirit of Tsubasa and her Carnage Form, could have gotten a Carnage Form Itsuki Mii

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Got a question for y'all.

What If...?

Solaire of Astora was the final fighter instead?

This would probably be a big deal, but I have a question: Why do people keep bringing up Solaire instead of Chosen Undead? Sure Solaire has an Amiibo but that's all about he has going for him. Meanwhile Chosen Undead is the main character and has more to work with.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This would probably be a big deal, but I have a question: Why do people keep bringing up Solaire instead of Chosen Undead? Sure Solaire has an Amiibo but that's all about he has going for him. Meanwhile Chosen Undead is the main character and has more to work with.
Probably because Solaire is more well-known as a character.
You wouldn't even know what a "Chosen Undead" is if you didn't play the game and followed the lore whereas Solaire is personable and instantly recognizable as "oh hey, it's the praise the sun guy"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Honestly the Miis from Pyra/Mythra-onward aren't as fun because of the lack of connections. Even though I'm not all that into the Miis, that extra bit of supplementary content strengthened the crossover aspect. Occasionally we got some random assorted Miis, but those were generally the exceptions to the norm. After Pyra, though, it was just "Eh, whatever." I can at least understand the "Hey, they're not in but I'm aware they're pretty popular!" theme with Kazuya's pack, but honestly they should've been with Sora's pack. Having only three Miis in a single pack was kinda lame.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly the Miis from Pyra/Mythra-onward aren't as fun because of the lack of connections. Even though I'm not all that into the Miis, that extra bit of supplementary content strengthened the crossover aspect. Occasionally we got some random assorted Miis, but those were generally the exceptions to the norm. After Pyra, though, it was just "Eh, whatever." I can at least understand the "Hey, they're not in but I'm aware they're pretty popular!" theme with Kazuya's pack, but honestly they should've been with Sora's pack. Having only three Miis in a single pack was kinda lame.
It seems like they were running out of modelers by the end. Arthur was the only brand-new, complete costume from Pythra's wave, and then Sora's just has two hats and Doom Slayer.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Anyone got a Sora selfie pic, with a dead master chief body on the ground? I wanna use it for my profile pic at work.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Bro do you want a repeat of Byleth's presentation with Dante? While Sora's certainly more hype than Byleth, Dante fans still would've been up in arms, and Lloyd fans would've been even more depressed (he didn't survive the slaughter...).

Better to let them down sooner than later, however disappointing the final pack may have been.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Bro do you want a repeat of Byleth's presentation with Dante? While Sora's certainly more hype than Byleth, Dante fans still would've been up in arms, and Lloyd fans would've been even more depressed (he didn't survive the slaughter...).

Better to let them down sooner than later, however disappointing the final pack may have been.
Eh, fair enough. I was going off the mindset of how it's the end and there's nothing left to deconfirm anyways, but then I remembered the Miis were revealed first in that presentation like with Sephiroth's.

Actually, I wonder how much overlap Sora fans have with supporters of Dante and Lloyd. What I've seen of Re:Mind seems like it has similar levels of diversity of action as Devil May Cry, and KH and Tales are both action-RPGs that really got going in the 2000's. Not everyone would be happy, but I'd imagine there'd be at least some fans of Dante and Lloyd who'd be happy with Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom