• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMG's Wario Guide Stuff Blah Stuff

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It doesn't have to be for money, I'll play you with the full intent of three stocking you :p You just need to show up when I show up, that's it, haha.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I love it every time someone finds an infinite on Wario. It sounds good on paper, but then people realize that Wario is so hard to grab.

It's sort of like when people figured out Bowser had an infinite on Wario. Except in Bowser's case no one cared, because there's only like 10 Bowser players on this entire site. XD

Bowser's Klaw is far scarier then a measly infinite. ^^

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I love it every time someone finds an infinite on Wario. It sounds good on paper, but then people realize that Wario is so hard to grab.

It's sort of like when people figured out Bowser had an infinite on Wario. Except in Bowser's case no one cared, because there's only like 10 Bowser players on this entire site. XD

Bowser's Klaw is far scarier then a measly infinite. ^^
Serious Bowser players are about as common as serious Jigglypuff and Lucas players, and that's saying something.

Anyways, yeah, new infinite with Ike, nothing you guys aren't used to. You have the match at 40-60, which I guess is alright pre-grab releases. With the infinite and the "fairly new" free Bair and Ftilt, I don't think you guys would be against listing it as even? I won't push for Ike's favor as it's still not that easy to grab Wario, even with jab to grab, Nair to grab or reverse pivot grabs. It probably will happen a few times during a match though, you know?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Serious Bowser players are about as common as serious Jigglypuff and Lucas players, and that's saying something.

Anyways, yeah, new infinite with Ike, nothing you guys aren't used to. You have the match at 40-60, which I guess is alright pre-grab releases. With the infinite and the "fairly new" free Bair and Ftilt, I don't think you guys would be against listing it as even? I won't push for Ike's favor as it's still not that easy to grab Wario, even with jab to grab, Nair to grab or reverse pivot grabs. It probably will happen a few times during a match though, you know?
I don't know. It's hard to find top Ike players to VS. consistently. Every Ike player I've had the pleasure of VSing I've generally two stocked. Ike is too easy to combo and absolutely wreck once we get inside his safe zone, b/c he has no good combo breaking moves, and then there's gimps too (both fair and nair wreck Ike offstage), his fair is easy to avoid b/c Ike can't do anything else after it, and then once we're just out of nair range we're already in punishing range.

You can list it as 45:55 if you really must (though I would personally disagree), just b/c even if you do get a grab off, you have to hope there's no platform above you in order to get any of these free hits...

MrEh

Smash Hero
You can list it as 45:55 if you really must (though I would personally disagree), just b/c even if you do get a grab off, you have to hope there's no platform above you in order to get any of these free hits...
Wait, the Ike boards have it listed as 45-55? O_o

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, we can aircamp him pretty easily as a last resort.

If someone DOES buy me a plane ticket though, it would be badass, lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Your attacks are sloooooooooooooooooooooow, and you can't do more than one before landing, making it easier than D3.
Ike can do two Dairs and Bairs in one jump, but that's not the point.

Nair and Up Air last longer than any airdodge in the game, Nair especially is used to get past airdodges and strike. On a fun note Ike and Wario both are tied for the best airdodge in the game if I recall correctly, fun stuff.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ike can do two Dairs and Bairs in one jump, but that's not the point.

Nair and Up Air last longer than any airdodge in the game, Nair especially is used to get past airdodges and strike. On a fun note Ike and Wario both are tied for the best airdodge in the game if I recall correctly, fun stuff.
They may last long, but you're not going to be sitting in their hitbox for more than a fraction of a second, and yea, bair is doable, but like... not realistically gonna land while chasing. Also, the top part of nairs hitbox doesn't last longer than airdodges b/c I airdodge through that a lot o_O Maybe the entirety of the move does. But yeah, from my limited experience using Ike (lolrandom) and vsing other Ikes, going over him is not very troublesome. It's hard to get into his zone past his defenses, not to run away XD

Thanks for that Ike airdodge knowledge, I did NOT know that XD

EDIT: Lol, I keep confusing you for YagamiDark the Wario player, stop having the same name D:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
They may last long, but you're not going to be sitting in their hitbox for more than a fraction of a second, and yea, bair is doable, but like... not realistically gonna land while chasing. Also, the top part of nairs hitbox doesn't last longer than airdodges b/c I airdodge through that a lot o_O Maybe the entirety of the move does. But yeah, from my limited experience using Ike (lolrandom) and vsing other Ikes, going over him is not very troublesome. It's hard to get into his zone past his defenses, not to run away XD

Thanks for that Ike airdodge knowledge, I did NOT know that XD
Yeah, you should do well depending on if the stage is large enough to mostly be able to aircamp him, going by what you described. Up Air's hitbox lasts from frame 15 to 33, so that's a lot of room for error if Ike baits an airdodge, you know. I figure it won't be perfect, as baiting an airdodge will well, get you hit. I'd also like to mention that Ike can also "brickwall" opponents with Fair and Nair.

The main thing about this match is that it's has some interesting changes based on the terrain. If it's a large stage, that means more room to camp but it's very dangerous if you get grabbed due to a lack of platforms I suppose. The smaller the stage, the easier it is for Ike to reach you, but the infinite will be used less.

First hit wins, yay! (Why is Brawl like this ;_; ?)

Anyways yeah, I'm sure you see why I think it's not a clear advantage for anyone.

EDIT:
EDIT 1 : Lol, I keep confusing you for YagamiDark the Wario player, stop having the same name D:

Sorry, sorry!

Edit Two: I'm not very fond of how this match-up is theorycraft based. Wario camps well, Ike loses. Ike defends well and gets a grab, Wario loses. Pretty much all of the Warios are in the south and pretty much all of the Ikes are in the North too. Heh.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Light, are Arturito Burrito or Theeboredone worthy people to test the matchup? If you think so next time they come around I can attempt to do an aircamp/grab test (which won't last that long b/c it bores me).

I mean, this is an inherent problem in deciding matchup ratios for many characters that are underplayed like ours, lol, which is why I don't really care what matchups are listed as. I've never lost to an Ike offline under any circumstances, so naturally I think it's considerably in our favor. You guys have Fiction in cali though, and he's played Mog a bunch and he still thinks it's in our favor and that you're aircampable.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
lololol >_>
Seriously I see you everywhere Light...
Smogon, Smogon server etc etc...
whenever I play people ask if I'm your alt account O_o
I don't blame them for thinking we're alts, haha. Nice to see you here though.

Light, are Arturito Burrito or Theeboredone worthy people to test the matchup? If you think so next time they come around I can attempt to do an aircamp/grab test (which won't last that long b/c it bores me).

I mean, this is an inherent problem in deciding matchup ratios for many characters that are underplayed like ours, lol, which is why I don't really care what matchups are listed as. I've never lost to an Ike offline under any circumstances, so naturally I think it's considerably in our favor. You guys have Fiction in cali though, and he's played Mog a bunch and he still thinks it's in our favor and that you're aircampable.
I haven't heard much about Theeboredone, but I talk to AB on SWF on a fairly large basis and he's knowledgeable and he beat Azen in a friendly once IIRC, go for it.

Yeah, I don't care too much what the match-ups are listed as either. I'm just here to present some facts so you can watch out for stuff in the future. You'd play a lot less lax against Ike if you didn't know he could infinite from a grab release, right?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I never play lax against Ike, that's just baaaaaad news, lol.
Haha, excellent point.

Anyways, we'll discuss this match extensively at a later point, just invite us over anytime. :bee:

Props to all you Wario mains for having the guts to play a character where most matches are the Ice Climbers.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Haha, excellent point.

Anyways, we'll discuss this match extensively at a later point, just invite us over anytime. :bee:

Props to all you Wario mains for having the guts to play a character where most matches are the Ice Climbers.
Come down for WHOBO, we should have at least 3-4 beasty Warios here :D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I, uh, already knew about this from Ike lol. I factored that in the last time I went to your boards. I also knew about getting a free Bair/Utilt.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Come down for WHOBO, we should have at least 3-4 beasty Warios here :D
I wish I could go out of state, haha.

I, uh, already knew about this from Ike lol. I factored that in the last time I went to your boards. I also knew about getting a free Bair/Utilt.
Previously, Ike could infinite only if Wario lost his second jump. This new (true) infinite was discovered just yesterday. He can also Ftilt out of a grab release.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Previously, Ike could infinite only if Wario lost his second jump. This new (true) infinite was discovered just yesterday. He can also Ftilt out of a grab release.
Are you sure? I mean I knew about this months ago, that Ike could grab release infinite Wario with a pivot grab but that he had to be frame perfect.

And I knew about Ftilt too, Umbreon mentioned his tilts back then and they hit except for Dtilt.

Oh well, I guess you guys know now lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Are you sure? I mean I knew about this months ago, that Ike could grab release infinite Wario with a pivot grab but that he had to be frame perfect.

And I knew about Ftilt too, Umbreon mentioned his tilts back then and they hit except for Dtilt.

Oh well, I guess you guys know now lol.
Hahah, I guess now we know as well. Odd how that turned out.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Light, the wario boards like to keep things secret. Like the smartasses they are.

anyways, just because you factored it in, doesn't mean we did.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Light, the wario boards like to keep things secret. Like the smartasses they are.

anyways, just because you factored it in, doesn't mean we did.
Well you could say the same thing about us running around for 8 minutes. I certainly didn't have that in mind 3 months ago.

60:40 Wario overall. 55:45 Wario on FD, 65:35 Wario on SV, 60:40 Wario on BF, 55:45-60:40 Wario on YI, 65:35 Wario on Lylat, 65:35 Wario on Castle Siege, 60:40-65:35 Wario on Delfino, 65:35-70:30 Wario on RC, 70:30 Wario on Brinstar, 60:40 Wario on Frigate, 60:40-65:35 Wario on Green Greens, 60:40 Wario on Pirate Ship, 60:40 Wario on PS1, and I'll get on the other stages in a bit, not sure what I am missing lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I personally think Fiction is the most qualified to judge this matchup as he plays regularly with Mog, and he claims it's 55:45 Wario in general, 60:40 Wario on a couple stages, and Ike has slight advantage on a couple stages.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I personally think Fiction is the most qualified to judge this matchup as he plays regularly with Mog, and he claims it's 55:45 Wario in general, 60:40 Wario on a couple stages, and Ike has slight advantage on a couple stages.
Lol only 60:40 on some stages? Wario has a clear large advantage on at least 3 stages, with some CP's being around 60:40-65:35. I don't think Ike has the advantage on any stage, maybe FD or something similar but even there I think it would be at worst even. Although I guess a 45:55 on FD wouldn't be so bad.

I think it's 60:40 in general, but meh 5 less points isn't much to complain about.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I would think Ike has the edge over Wario on Pirate Ship personally. Platforms only in the middle, and if we REALLY have to: get lucky, pull off one AAA combo on Wario before he can do more damage, and then hide in the water for the majority of the match. XD

And yes, Wario on Norfair would be a flipping pain in the rear, unless we got lucky and grabbed you due to the fact the lava rose. Not very likely. At all.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol.

U think you can hide from Wario in the Water? Have you read Fiction's post? Wario is Jaws. Lol.

Top Bottom