• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT 7: Chance to win a 3DS!!!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Thats right folks, time to for the seventh addition of Dakpo's monthly tournament and we are running a pokemon event with a chance to win a brand new 3DS!!! HYPE!!! Pre-register if you live in Amarillo to help us secure your chance at the 3DS by contacting me or recycled entertainment by calling (806)-553-0697.Pokemon Prizes will be dependent on attendance
Now for teh info

Contact Information- Dakpo/Dakota 806-626-2851

Time: Saturday, May 21st
Pokemon starts at 12:00 pm
Brawl starts at 3:00 pm
Location: Recycled Entertainment: 4400 Washington Suite H Amarillo, TX, 79110

Entry Fee

Brawl Singles- $5 (might rise if I get enough confirmation for the even)
Brawl Doubles- $10 per team ($5 per person)
Pokemon - $10 for entry

Brawl
bi-
winnings
1st 65%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
Pokemon prizes
1st 3DS
2nd $45-50 worth of store credit
3rd $10-15 worth of store credit
Pokemon prizes will vary upon attendance

Brawl Rules
Click for Brawl Rules

Pokemon Black/White Rules

Battles must be played on Black or White version.

Battles will be engaged in the Lvl 50 cap arena

Standard OU Rules

Sleep Clause - You can't use sleep inducing moves in opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon in his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakes or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleeping being caused by Effect Spore or Rest are exempt from Sleep Clause.

Species Clause - You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team. (example: 2 Scizors on the same team)

Evasion/Accuracy Clause - You can't use moves that increases your evasion or decreases your opponents accuracy

OHKO Clause - You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill etc.

No Pokemon with illegal moves, abilities, or stats - Examples: Pikachu's Max Special defense stat that is possibly obtainable in the game at Lvl 100 is 196. Anything over that stat indicates illegal stat hacking and will results in an immediate disqualified from the tournament with no refunds. Same results will occur if a Pokemon is hacked with a move or ability it can not natural obtain in the game. All prize winners will immediately have their pokemon checked for illegal moves, abilities, and stats. Random screening of a pokemon may occur upon suspicion.

No Hax Items - These are all the items that relies on luck to activate. These items are: Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, Lansat Berry, Stick and Lucky Punch etc.

No Dream World Abilities - For the time being all Dream World Abilities will be banned

Explosion Clause - You cannot end a match with Explosion, Self-destruct, etc. which ends in a tie, the person to break this rule is the loser

Soul Dew Clause - No Pokemon can hold the item Soul Dew

No Ubers - The following Pokemon are Uber

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Wobbuffet
Wynaut
Zekrom

Use a trainer card: Every attendee will need to write down their name/tag with their Pokemon team of their starting 6, 1 interchangeable Pokemon, move-set, and held item on a piece of paper we supply at the tournament.

For any questions about the rules, please notify me at the above given phone number

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You put "May 7th" in all of your posts. Scared me for a second there x)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What about Pokesav Pokemon with straight 31 IVs? Everything is legit, 510 EVs, correct ability, correct moves and so on? It's all within game limits.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
What about Pokesav Pokemon with straight 31 IVs? Everything is legit, 510 EVs, correct ability, correct moves and so on? It's all within game limits.
If its possible in the game then i can't ban it for the tourney. Im going to DQ you if your a stat over though lol

Federal_Her0

Smash Rookie
Is the 1st place 3ds prize guaranteed regardless of the number of people who enter the pokemon tournament?

Also why is garchomp banned? I have yet to see any reputable community ban it in gen 5 OU.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Is the 1st place 3ds prize guaranteed regardless of the number of people who enter the pokemon tournament?
No, if 4 people show up we will not be handing out a 3ds (that would be business suicide). We are looking about 20+ for the 3ds which should be fairly easy on all the calls we have gotten on the first 3 days of the announcement.

Also why is garchomp banned? I have yet to see any reputable community ban it in gen 5 OU.
define reputable (please provide link) and also take into consideration that dream world abilities are banned.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Sorry just never been to a hype Pokemon tourney before, esp with 20 people, that'd take forever. Anyways it's way to far of a trip for 3DS that isn't guaranteed :(

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Is there a venue fee? How many set-ups do you want? Is the venue close to restaurants? Can I bring my girlfriend? These are urgent questions here... ;)

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Is there a venue fee? How many set-ups do you want? Is the venue close to restaurants? Can I bring my girlfriend? These are urgent questions here... ;)
hmm as of right now there is no venue fee, i want 5-7 brawl set ups, the venue is close to a sonic and taco bell, yes you can bring Monica :troll:

@ denti I would love you guys to come! do you play pokemon?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So they need 20 participants for their to be a 3DS on the line? Well there goes my hopes of winning a 3DS. :\
you guys need to be waaaaay less skeptical. we handed out over 3,000 fliers to interested people at a huge store presentation. Also remember that this tournament will not be populated by brawl players only. (for all you people who think this is just another brawl tourney)

With all the people I have talked too, 20 will be easy

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
you guys need to be waaaaay less skeptical. we handed out over 3,000 fliers to interested people at a huge store presentation. Also remember that this tournament will not be populated by brawl players only. (for all you people who think this is just another brawl tourney)

With all the people I have talked too, 20 will be easy
Oh jeez. This really does sound like serious business then. Either way, I think I'm going to go. Here's to hoping for a large pokemon turn out, lots of hype, and a lot less of haxors.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Oh jeez. This really does sound like serious business then. Either way, I think I'm going to go. Here's to hoping for a large pokemon turn out, lots of hype, and a lot less of haxors.
Awesome :)

Also, if people need housing, it would be wise to start asking now

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'm not coming. I checked the date and it's a day after my 21st birthday (and I'm getting a 3DS for that lol)

I do hope to see everybody here for the NM tourney we are hosting, and I can probably come to these starting in june

Dakpo

Smash Lord
It may not show it much on smashboards, but I have a ton of people interested in this!!! so much HYPE

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
I don't know how to express in words how excited I am to be able to attend this next DMT. It's something like kissing your main on the lips. For Dakpo, I'm sure that would be an intoxicating moment. For me, it would be...prickly, but Snake deserves it nonetheless. Alejandro, you would probably feel violated. MK mains would get a disease because of how many times his *** has been kissed. Denti (and other olimar mains) would be seperated from their beloved by a glass bubble, unable to connect, because of a difference in respiratory function, how tragic. Peach mains think girls are icky, so that might be fun to watch.

Why the hell am I talking about this? Why are you still reading? Surely there wasn't enough substance in the last paragraph to merit your attention. I wonder how many childrens' dreams will be crushed as they bring their pokemon team composed of three Abras and a Tepig and expect to win the 3ds that their parent outlawed because "Only Satan could create 3-d without using glasses." Should we be concerned with the moral implications of robbing ignorant children of their money, so one of us can take home the coolest handheld gaming device ever created?

I joke.

*edit* Oh ya, Alex, you have to bring your girlfriend, right? How are you going to use your controller otherwise?
Seriously, do you have a girlfriend now?
What is with the 806 suddenly getting girlfriends? Kyle, me, then you... Nolan is next.
*double edit* Dakpo, I suddenly had a strange vague memory of you telling me about people getting girlfriends or something like that. This seems to be from a long time ago. It is so late, I think I become slightly insane when I am approaching the deadline of an assignment I am currently procrastinating.

Carelessness away!!!

Top Bottom