• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA Gaming USA #2 - Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Pelca is using Snake/MK only in singles now? Yay, now our matches will be super fun ;D.

Yea, the pause thing sucked. I didn't even know Doom did it once and let Prawn re-grab. That just further proves he wasn't trying to pause to **** anyone over. Regardless, I'm doing a rule next time where they get a free re-grab if you pause while mashing out. It's fair. Tripping or not, sadly. The turning pause thing off could work, but there's really no need for it and if someone forgets to turn it back on afterwards that could be problematic.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I've been in situations we're the opponent had to legitimately pause the match. If pausing is disabled, it means the timer is still running. The re-grab rule makes most sense IMO, seeing as how it's the opponents fault if they press pause to try to break out by accident.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I've been in situations we're the opponent had to legitimately pause the match. If pausing is disabled, it means the timer is still running. The re-grab rule makes most sense IMO, seeing as how it's the opponents fault if they press pause to try to break out by accident.
To stop people from testing their luck you would have to enforce a limit on the number of times they can "accidentally" pause before being DQ'd. Maybe the third time you accidentally pause per set is auto DQ.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I don't see why they would wanna test their luck if the rule is free re-grab. That's like saying "maybe when he re-grabs me he'll mess up even though he could have without me getting re-grabbed".

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
yeah, there are situations that come up where people need to pause. in the worst case scenario, it could be mid match and someone's offstage, they say they need to pause and reset their controller, and they press pause, thinking it will work, and they SD.
i like that you're making them always get a regrab now. good idea ^_^.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Dmbrandon's shoutouts:
1: DM Brandon (Metaknight) *Split* - THIS GUY!
2: Shadow (Metaknight/Wario) *Split* - I love this guy. I haven't won in a year, and I'm pretty excited, and he's honestly letting me enjoy it. I love this kid. We **** in doubles, and we're both gonna be top10 in the country.
3: Bizkit (Snake) - Awesome host, and awesome snake. Look out. #1 in NE soon!
4: Zucco (Lucario) - My baby Zucco. You're still a new guy. You can't complain you're not making money when you've been in the scene for less than a year. Step your game up. Start practicing instead of sitting on little weirdo sites!
5: Fatal (Snake) - We didn't get to play singles at all, so gayyy.
5: Patg (Zero Suit Samus) - BARBIE ISN'T VIABLE!!!!! :-D Good finally meeting you, gimme a shout when you come NJ!
7: Bloodcross (Falco/Metaknight) - The person I was scared of most. I know that anxiety kicks you pretty hard, but there are solutions, friend. GG, nonetheless.
7: Doom (Metaknight) - 50$. You need to be better! :-D
9: hinkage - You're a pretty cool kid. keep practicing!
9: Prawn - You need to work on your approaches. That sideB stuff doesn't work :-(
13: Pelca - Why couldn't you just beat B+ and save me the stressssssss
17: Mikeray4 - You're bad and should quit forever.
17: Ninjaedd - You had that! :-(
17: JJ Wolf - It irks me to see you in such a low placing, when you're so **** rediculous! :-(
17: Dawall - Watching you beat mikeray was one of my favorite parts of the tourney.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah diem I actually started applying that side b advice in tourny.

You get a bad rep on here but you're actually really cool

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
1: DM Brandon (Metaknight) *Split*- TOO GOOD! Dmbeezy is back and taking names! no need to thank me for letting you "have your win" against me. you earned it and beat me legitimately. GOOD ****. keep this up and we can start ****** doubles AND singles all the time ;).
2: Shadow (Metaknight/Wario) *Split*- woooo! made some money :D
3: Bizkit (Snake)- great guy. that losers finals set was really fun, and so were the mms we had. you ran things really well. good stuff.
4: Zucco (Lucario)- don't give up hope! you ***** me game 1. good stuff.
you're still new, remember that. brandon and i aren't trying to be *******s about it, it's the truth. you can't expect to profit at tournaments just yet =/. you are improving amazingly fast and will get there soon enough. much faster than most people do. keep it up!
5: Fatal (Snake)- too bad we didn't get to play! good seeing you again, though we didn't talk.
5: Patg (Zero Suit Samus)- you're a cool guy! i never actually talked to you before XD. good **** on 5th. see ya around!
7: Bloodcross (Falco/Metaknight)- good stuff. don't let that frustration get to you. i know it's difficult, and i can't understand exactly how it affects you =/. you're a good guy, though. i hope to see you around more.
7: Doom (Metaknight)- mah d00d! good ****. not top 5 like you wanted, but there was a lot of competition man. you're getting much better. keep improving.
9: hinkage- very nice person. nice meeting you.
9: Prawn- your ics are very good, just work on some stuff. ggs in that mm.
13: Hot Kaarl- pretty good kirby. you're cool, nice meeting you.
17: Mikeray4- kinda disrespectful how you bragged so much about winning that $1 mm, but whatever. i have to say, your snake is very good against mk.
17: Ninjaedd- i'm glad you're getting back into brawl now. i hope to see you at most events now. step it up and start practicing!
17: JJ Wolf- amazing wolf. you had that second friendly against me, LOL.
25: Humpy Thrashabout- great guy. you got much better from the last time we played.

Allied

Smash Master
100$ on diem next natoinal tournament he wins the whole thing

we ain't nervious

Prawn

Smash Master
shadow and/or diem and/or doom, idk if you remember anything about our sets we played but if you could IM me or PM me with some advice it would be much appreciated, I had like 0 experience vs MKs of diem's and shadow's caliber ever(besides a snes pools match vs m2k when i sucked LOL) and i was trying to learn but got rapppppped. I thought i was playing well enough to beat doom but obviously not well enough

yeeeeee

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I don't see why they would wanna test their luck if the rule is free re-grab. That's like saying "maybe when he re-grabs me he'll mess up even though he could have without me getting re-grabbed".
Yah... but I would do it just to annoy the IC into not grabbing anymore... :bee:

Prawn

Smash Master
if someone did it to me several times I'd call someone over.

bizkit handled it as best he could. and it wasnt like it was the only thing that cost me the game etc. so im not too bent out of shape about it. I do think, however, that if you pause you should not be able to mash the grab after the regrab(or at least until a few seconds after), because you can buffer the mashing before the game is unpaused.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
dmbrandon - Who entered as this guy?

Nah, trick. It's awesome to see you back on top. We're the best crew in the world even without ADHD. NJ and Juice are too good. Keep it up and bring this game to NJ tourneys. February is gonna be one exciting *** month. Btw, my secret from KFC was something to do with two NJ Smashers that used to be ranked above you not participating in NJ tournaments anymore. Take that first spot, bro.

Shadow - Good stuff winning teams and taking second. I had to fight you in quarters again, just like last NE tournament we were at! Oh well, it was a fun set. You're too good at the ditto, I need Snake or maybe Falco to have a chance.

Bizkit - You're such a nice and cool guy. You've also gotten ridiculously good. I guess that's what happenshttp://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9381081 when you come down to NJ/NY tourneys. :) Keep ******, I like seeing your name up there.

Zucco - Yeah, it's a shame that we just can't team. We do well with other people, but it just doesn't work for us...I hope/wish we can find some way that works. It'd be so convenient.

Fatal - Bad day? :/ Zucco and Pat G are super legit losses, but it's just weird seeing you low. Even though I doubt you actually did take it personally, but some kids on AiB mentioned it, I'm sorry about the trash talk during your set with Zucco. I just wanted mah boy to win, but I'm sure you understand. Sorry about having everyone come up here and win a small local...I know it sucks, Ally does it to us all the time.

Pat G - Good ****, man. You're really getting up there. Like Brandon said, Barbie isn't viable. Work that Lucario up there. Once people learn the ZSS matchup, she just won't cut it. Hopefully I'll see you at some NY tourneys soon. We definitely do have to team some time, get at me in advance because I always have a partner!

Bloodcross - It makes me so upset to see you rage. You're a really nice/good kid and I don't want you to get like that. I understand that you have some issues, but hopefully you'll step it up and overcome them. Your MK is so strange, I have no idea how to read you. I'd like to play your Falco, too. Good stuff getting top 8, you know you could do better if you calmed it down.

Doom$ - Not 5th, but not bad either. I need a bit more Snake practice, I'm a little rusty in that matchup now.

Copacetic - You're really impressive. I knew you'd stepped it up lately, but I didn't expect you to be as good as you were. I'm so bad vs. Toon Link, though...I have absolutely no idea what to do, I just kinda tornadoed and hoped it'd work. Sorry for gaying you out. If I'm the subject of your "MK that you vastly outskill" or whatever, I'd understand that you got that impression based on my lack of prowess at that matchup. I'm seriously ****ing balls-out terrible at it, you're the first TL I've played in singles since I played Jash in October '08.

Hinkage - Very nice kid. Maybe we'll play wifi whenever I feel like actually playing wifi...but that's really rare. Sorry for not dittoing you in friendlies, I was bored and felt like messing around with my other characters. I'm not used to taking friendlies seriously enough to use my main. :p Next time for sure, though. Try to make it out to Apex!

Prawn - I'm really sorry about playing like such a ***. I normally play pretty aggro or at least passive-aggressive, it was such a shock to have to do that. I'm glad you were understanding about the whole pausing thing. If the second one was possible for you to get a chaingrab, I totally would've given it back to you. You definitely were late for that match though! It was at least 20 minutes.

Hot Kaarl - I don't even know who you are but apparently I made fun of your haircut or some ****? Sorry for mistaking you for Copacetic, but really, the lookalike joke was completely in good fun...

Haggs - All I saw of you was you giving the **** with Lucas in one match. Good stuff, lol.

Pelca - You're only ****ing 14?!

Games and Goodies - Ganon in Brawl+ is too ****ing silly, lmao! I'm glad you have a good sense of humor about your name, Fame and Goodies too good.

Mikeray4 - I'm so glad you haven't rubbed off on your brother. Kid is a saint compared to you.

Ninja Edd - Glad to see you have your drive to play back. Improve your mentality and hit that practice up and you'll be good to go. Juice is too good, you and Ether need to play more! Also, spin that track, brah.

Flow JJ - Your Wolf is sooo ridiculous. I feel stupid for falling for so many shenanigans, lmao! You need to get active and be the best Wolf again. Come down to NJ/NY some time, I'd love to play you more and learn the Wolf matchup/help you in the MK matchup (if you need it).

DaWall - You're the Dedede that knocked my bestest fwend Mikeray into losers? You probably would get the MVP award for this tourney.

Almo - Our MM set was fun. Marth vs. Snake is stressful, especially when the Marth knows the matchup. Snakes not named Bizkit and Fatal defintiely aren't viable in this region, lol.

Humpy Thrashabout - Chill with the insults on me, dude. I didn't interact with you whatsoever and you have zero grounds on which to be an ******* to me.

Btw, the rule for ICs should be turn pausing off, and simply don't forget to turn it back on after the set.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
17: Mikeray4- kinda disrespectful how you bragged so much about winning that $1 mm, but whatever. i have to say, your snake is very good against mk.
I apologize for acting excited cause its really the only MU I'm good at...wasnt trying to brag..just got really excited. Thats why I accepted ur MM again cause I realized you didnt warm up and knew that you'd like another shot at me.

close games both sets.

I found out I cant go to viridian....but next tourney I am able to go to down in jersy I'd love to play you again....maybe I'll let u use wario.

Albert.

Smash Master
25: Albert- Here you go again having another ghost-placing. What happened? Did your wallet get stolen and you only realized right before you were about to register for singles? dude that sucks, you prolly had to go file a police report and **** and miss most of the tournament. It doesn't even matter though because you suck at this game. Oh well, maybe you'll enter singles and get another 1-2 set record at the next tournament. Don't lose your wallet though.

:( lol

EDIT:
DMBrandon was mad-funny lol. The Howard Stern of smash.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles:

1: DM Brandon (Metaknight) *Split*: Nice Nice. You're good at this game and funny as hell.
2: Shadow (Metaknight/Wario) *Split*: We didn't get to play, you could have made my barbie at bit more viable.
3: Bizkit (Snake): Super consistent. At this rate you'll be 1st on the pr if you're not already. You're amazing
4: Zucco (Lucario): That lucario is too good. Samus vs Ness is gay.
5: Fatal (Snake): Get beat by my mains lol. Everyone is improving fast, but someone like you should have gotten top 3 in singles.
5: Patg (Zero Suit Samus): Wifi Zamus can do things.
7: Bloodcross (Falco/Metaknight): Take a break man.
7: Doom (Metaknight): Not bad, I like the way you play mk.
9: Copacetic: Good stuff beating Mike. You're getting much better
9: hinkage: Good stuff in doubles guy.
9: Bass: Not bad
9: Prawn: 5th for me and 9th for you once again. We're cursed son
13: Hot Kaarl: I don't think I got to meet you yet.
13: Haggs: We need to friendly
13: Wave: sup Joe
13: Pelca: I love our mms lol
17: Gag: We didn't meet
17: Mikeray4: At least you got 2nd in dubz right? I'll give you more black power next time.
17: Omstr: You did good against JJ
17: Ninjaedd: Nice meeting you. You should play this game again and get amazing.
17: Specter: good stuff
17: JJ Wolf: I'm mad we had to play so early in bracket, but hey Bizkit seeded as best as he can. I've never played a better wolf. Break off the rust.
17: Dawall: Good stuff beating Mike and almost taking first game off Diem. I see good potential in you.
17: Almo: You havea good marth. Just practice your mindgames and you'll be much better. I enjoyed our mm.
25: Delta
25: Master Kurei
25: PK: Fun set
25: Roan
25: Liquid: If you're the diddy that took a game off Biz, that's ****.
25: Roch
25: Yume
25: Humpy Thrashabout: We didn't get to play this time. Nice seeing you again though.
33: Peace: Go to more tourneys, this is the process to getting better.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I never did shout outs.

C. Hammer - Thanks for carrying me.

Everyone else - You all rock.

That is all.

Oh and Riot - Enter singles noob.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion

Oh. My. God.

It should have been. At least once.

We usually go with Get Nailed! But go**** that's good.

Also, I sucked at being social at this tourney. Aside from the usual group I just played Brawl+ all day. That made me sad.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Brawl Singles:

1: DM Brandon (Metaknight) *Split*: Nice Nice. You're good at this game and funny as hell.
2: Shadow (Metaknight/Wario) *Split*: We didn't get to play, you could have made my barbie at bit more viable.
3: Bizkit (Snake): Super consistent. At this rate you'll be 1st on the pr if you're not already. You're amazing
4: Zucco (Lucario): That lucario is too good. Samus vs Ness is gay.
5: Fatal (Snake): Get beat by my mains lol. Everyone is improving fast, but someone like you should have gotten top 3 in singles.
5: Patg (Zero Suit Samus): Wifi Zamus can do things.
7: Bloodcross (Falco/Metaknight): Take a break man.
7: Doom (Metaknight): Not bad, I like the way you play mk.
9: Copacetic: Good stuff beating Mike. You're getting much better
9: hinkage: Good stuff in doubles guy.
9: Bass: Not bad
9: Prawn: 5th for me and 9th for you once again. We're cursed son
13: Hot Kaarl: I don't think I got to meet you yet.
13: Haggs: We need to friendly
13: Wave: sup Joe
13: Pelca: I love our mms lol
17: Gag: We didn't meet
17: Mikeray4: At least you got 2nd in dubz right? I'll give you more black power next time.
17: Omstr: You did good against JJ
17: Ninjaedd: Nice meeting you. You should play this game again and get amazing.
17: Specter: good stuff
17: JJ Wolf: I'm mad we had to play so early in bracket, but hey Bizkit seeded as best as he can. I've never played a better wolf. Break off the rust.
17: Dawall: Good stuff beating Mike and almost taking first game off Diem. I see good potential in you.
17: Almo: You havea good marth. Just practice your mindgames and you'll be much better. I enjoyed our mm.
25: Delta
25: Master Kurei
25: PK: Fun set
25: Roan
25: Liquid: If you're the diddy that took a game off Biz, that's ****.
25: Roch
25: Yume
25: Humpy Thrashabout: We didn't get to play this time. Nice seeing you again though.
33: Peace: Go to more tourneys, this is the process to getting better.
ughh lose to my main like 5 other times?:dizzy:

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
LMAO. Now you know how I felt that one time he beat me. HE TAKES IT TO HEART MAN. Ya.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
You guys got it all wrong. I meant get beat by my mains in the sense that I main ZSS and lucario, and he lost to me and Zucco...duh. Sheesh

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
I stay getting misunderstood on this site, next time I'll keep shoutouts short and sweet.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
We understand that you're a bragger and we all would hate losing to you.

yea whatever if a joke is bragging then idc at this point. It's like me losing to cope and bizkit, and a tl/snake main says get beat by my mains', eh whatever.

Top Bottom