• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do I Really Have To Be The One That Says It? Blues Rock Sucks

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
If we can't stand the "true" you then why the **** should we get to know the "fake" you?

The **** kind of logic is that? Be yourself. If you don't want to be judged DON'T GO WHERE YOU'LL GET JUDGED, BUT DON'T SAY **** THEN EXPECT TO NOT BE JUDGED BASED ON IT. Goddamn this so...what?

Man I haven't totally derailed this blog at all.
Oh... Sorry about that... Oops... *I am facepalm*

If you respected yourself, you wouldn't be playing video games? @_@ What the heck is that supposed to mean? There isn't anything wrong with video games dude.
I wish everyone could agree with something for once.

I'm tired of getting encouragement to play video games from you folks only to be discouraged by my mother.

You and my mother need to find a middle ground NOW before I kill myself because of a paradox. And if you don't know what I mean by paradox, play the part in Portal 2 with the paradoxes in the beginning of Chapter 8 and you'll understand.

Yeah, video games are awesome and I respect myself BECAUSE I play them.
Read above statement I made.

Oh wow she has a lot of followers, that makes me like her more, totally.

You know who else has a lot of followers? Hitler.
Funniest Post on the forum.

More people follow Gaga for her instead of her music. Like she's waaaay more interesting then her songs are. Her musics decent, but nothing I would listen to on my free time over other songs.

@Sol: Sooo you're saying having a hobby like millions of other people is a sign of not respecting yourself? What?! I don't really follow you. Everyone has hobbies. Hell, going to tourneys and what not is more of sign that you are confident and do respect yourself for doing what you like.
That's not it. What I mean is that I play video games and because of them I do not respect myself...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Also no Portal memes or I will stomp your guts out.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
A guy on the internet doesn't discourage videogames, your mom does, thus, paradox?

I believe that it is YOU who needs to replay that part in Portal 2.
Right on cue. *Facepalm*

Paradox because of conflicting sides. I can't stand going back and fourth between opinions.

(Also, guy on internet who uses logic against my mother. So, I usually hate myself stupidly when Logic and Love start becoming opposite so I take a third opinion...)

And I am replaying Portal 2-- (Troll Bait Removed)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Right on cue. *Facepalm*

Paradox because of conflicting sides. I can't stand going back and fourth between opinions.

(Also, guy on internet who uses logic against my mother. So, I usually hate myself stupidly when Logic and Love start becoming opposite so I take a third opinion...)

And I am replaying Portal 2-- WAIT, DID YOU PLAY THROUGH ALL OF PORTAL 2 JUST TO FIND EVIDENCE TO A POINT? I am facepalm...
No. I played through Portal 2 because it was on sale and because it was a sequel to a game I liked. You know, because I buy videogames for not ******** reasons.

My *** just fell off.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
No. I played through Portal 2 because it was on sale and because it was a sequel to a game I liked. You know, because I buy videogames for not ******** reasons.

My *** just fell off.

I take that last statement I made back...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I wish everyone could agree with something for once.

I'm tired of getting encouragement to play video games from you folks only to be discouraged by my mother.

You and my mother need to find a middle ground NOW before I kill myself because of a paradox. And if you don't know what I mean by paradox, play the part in Portal 2 with the paradoxes in the beginning of Chapter 8 and you'll understand.
Here's your problem: the word "everyone."

Stop giving a **** what "everyone" says and agrees on. It's your life, you live it however you bloody well please. Parents often disapprove of video games. If you enjoy playing them, who gives a **** what your mother thinks? My parents haven't always been crazy about me playing video games, certainly not back when I was still at home year-round and spent almost all of my time playing video games, but I didn't stop and my parents eventually stopped caring at all, or at least got used to it.

It's not a matter of video games being bad versus video games being good, because that's completely subjective; it's a matter of doing what you need to do to make you happy. If video games make you happy, then play them, and if your mother is actually causing you to feel like you shouldn't respect yourself if you play video games and you aren't able to just disregard her thoughts, I would suggest talking to her about it, because that's not okay. Nobody should make you feel like there's something wrong with you for having one hobby or another. (Unless we're talking about murdering puppies or something here, but stuff like that is a pretty obvious exception.)

I know I'm getting all passionate about this, but this is the kind of thing that pisses me off. Make up your own mind about things and don't let other people determine what you should/shouldn't like or how you feel about yourself. You'll be happier that way.

Also, for the record, I legitimately thought Portal 2 was an excellent game, just sayin'...

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Durr hurr cake is a lie.

Durrr Portal 2 was overrated and barely even a game-WHOOPS DID I JUST SAY THAT ONE OUT LOUD?
If you don't like Portal 2, do you like Portal?

Here's your problem: the word "everyone." Agreed.

Stop giving a **** what "everyone" says and agrees on. Agreed. It's your life, you live it however you bloody well please. Agreed. Parents often disapprove of video games. I didn't already know that at all! /sarcasm. If you enjoy playing them, who gives a **** what your mother thinks? You're looking at him. My parents haven't always been crazy about me playing video games, certainly not back when I was still at home year-round and spent almost all of my time playing video games, but I didn't stop and my parents eventually stopped caring at all, or at least got used to it. That's the problem: It's been years and she still hasn't gotten used to it. In fact, she's hating it more and more.

It's not a matter of video games being bad versus video games being good, because that's completely subjective; Agreed. it's a matter of doing what you need to do to make you happy. Reality is laughing-- Oh wait, u sirius? If video games make you happy, then play them, and if your mother is actually causing you to feel like you shouldn't respect yourself if you play video games and you aren't able to just disregard her thoughts, I would suggest talking to her about it, because that's not okay. I've talked to her about it again and again, and sure she changes her mind to agreeing, but not for long. RINSE. AND. REPEAT. :mad: Nobody should make you feel like there's something wrong with you for having one hobby or another. (Unless we're talking about murdering puppies or something here, but stuff like that is a pretty obvious exception.)

I know I'm getting all passionate about this, but this is the kind of thing that pisses me off. Make up your own mind about things and don't let other people determine what you should/shouldn't like or how you feel about yourself. If I agreed with you 100%, I would not listen to you, and not agree with you. If I won't agree I'll listen. If I listen I'll see the valid points. If I see the valid points I agree 100%. What's wrong with this picture? You'll be happier that way.

Also, for the record, I legitimately thought Portal 2 was an excellent game, just sayin'...
Agreed.
Comments in... this.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Comments in... this.
I'm just trying to help, if you're going to get all sarcastic and all "technically if I took your advice then I wouldn't take your advice" on me then I'm not going to bother. I've been through the same sort of **** and it was when somebody told me that I need to do what I want to do and not what everyone else wants me to do that I started doing just that and I was a lot happier for it. Just trying to give you the same advice.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I'm just trying to help, if you're going to get all sarcastic and all "technically if I took your advice then I wouldn't take your advice" on me then I'm not going to bother. I've been through the same sort of **** and it was when somebody told me that I need to do what I want to do and not what everyone else wants me to do that I started doing just that and I was a lot happier for it. Just trying to give you the same advice.
... Okay, then.

TheBluAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Who'da thunk a topic about Blues Rock would lead to a flame war about Lady Gaga and video games.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Natural progression, only in UB.

As long as you follow a topic I don't care, unless it's something serious and the OP gets upset.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
@Sol
Just because your mom doesn't want you to play video games, doesn't mean you have to never play video games ever again. It's okay to disagree with your parents sometimes, they're not always right.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Who'da thunk a topic about Blues Rock would lead to a flame war about Lady Gaga and video games.
I know, right?

@Sol
Just because your mom doesn't want you to play video games, doesn't mean you have to never play video games ever again. It's okay to disagree with your parents sometimes, they're not always right.
I hope your willing to take that comment to it's fullest extent and saying that to my mother's face, because if you aren't it's a waste of time for both of us.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Sol9000 it is YOU who needs to say that to your mother's face, goddamn stop making this conversation so ****ing weird and stupid.

You are like a goldmine of insecurity and conversations where everything ends with "oh well I'm sad and lonely, sorry guys..." I can't believe you're not inflicting this on us ON PURPOSE sooooooo what de fack, man.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Sol9000 it is YOU who needs to say that to your mother's face, goddamn stop making this conversation so ****ing weird and stupid.

You are like a goldmine of insecurity and conversations where everything ends with "oh well I'm sad and lonely, sorry guys..." I can't believe you're not inflicting this on us ON PURPOSE sooooooo what de fack, man.
(Insert Cliche Joke Here)

(Insert Cliche Sad Emotion Here)

(Insert Facepalm Here)

God, I'm Lazy...

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Comments in White bold. I know you'd hate the "true me." I know you do.

Also,

And my avy will not be changed because it's the only creepy thing that doesn't outright scare me...
And the actual character describes me perfectly: Something put together at the last second whose original purpose failed long ago...
If you respected yourself you wouldn't be playing video games? Um........what?!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay seriously Sol, if you're going to reject everyone's attempt to help you with more of the same crap, could you please take the pity party to your own blog, at least? People are just trying to help you and you are trying to make it impossible to help you. And I don't see why we should have a bunch of people feeling sorry for somebody who would rather wallow than take action.

Either grow a pair and stand up for something or stop being upset because your mother doesn't approve of what you like. But if you aren't willing to do **** about it, then don't pour your problems out all over the place when it's completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Okay seriously Sol, if you're going to reject everyone's attempt to help you with more of the same crap, could you please take the pity party to your own blog, at least? People are just trying to help you and you are trying to make it impossible to help you. And I don't see why we should have a bunch of people feeling sorry for somebody who would rather wallow than take action.

Either grow a pair and stand up for something or stop being upset because your mother doesn't approve of what you like. But if you aren't willing to do **** about it, then don't pour your problems out all over the place when it's completely unrelated to the topic at hand.
I already stopped getting upset about it a long time ago...:troll:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I can't believe I made a real effort post about Lady Gaga's music only to have nobody even refer to it, or talk about music at all, for dozens of posts afterwards. I hate all of you, I seriously do.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I made a real effort post about Lady Gaga's music only to have nobody even refer to it, or talk about music at all, for dozens of posts afterwards. I hate all of you, I seriously do.
I hate myself too, pal. :c

GOTM

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=5153]Do I Really Have To Be The One That Says It? Blues Rock Sucks[/drupal]

Well, I was told this was more suited for User Blogs, so here goes.

It really does suck balls. Blues Rock is the most overrated genre in the history of music. Bands and artists like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and Eric Clapton are worshipped by rock fans, and for what reason? It's just a bunch of white douchebags trying to channel the spirit of African-American Blues music into their brand of ****ty rock music, and they fail miserable. It doesn't help that it's also the most pompous genre of music around. You think hipsters are bad? They're not nearly as bad as all the arrogant classic rock elitist douchebags who worship Blues Rock and try to act superior to everyone else because they feel that Blues Rock is some kind of godly genre that mere mortals can't touch and they arrogantly dismiss anyone else. The funny thing is, most of these a-holes don't even listen to real Blues because they'd rather listen to their overrated white douchebag Rock. Why don't you listen to artists like B.B. King, Tampa Red, Muddy Waters, or T-Bone Walker? Those are real Blues artists. Of course, you won't because you would rather listen to your George Thorogood and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I'm glad I got that off my chest.
That was the most hypocritical post I have ever read in my entire life. Did you really just say "real blues" and list B.B. King, Tampa Red, Muddy Waters, or T-Bone Walker?

Anyone that knows anything about blues music and really can connect with the emotion should immediately ignore you and every response to your OP after reading that, but being the stubborn ******* that I am, I will continue.

You are right, Blues originated in the Southern USA during the late 1800's, when slavery was prominent. It's emotion is contained mainly in the lyrics and how they were sung. Real blues expresses pain, torture, hope, and despair. This emotion is synonymous with "blues sound", because they went hand in hand for so long. No one played with a slide, no one played on a guitar thrown together with wood and string picked up from the scrap pile, because they had money to buy "better" instruments, but this is NOT where the emotion came from. The emotion is contained with the singer, with the person playing the music, with HOW they play the music, not what they USE to play it.

Blues, is not slave music. Blues is not a specific chord progression or a specific instrument (steel guitar, harmonica, slide guitar, etc.) Blues is emotion. Blues is feeling. To echo what I said earlier, Blues is pain, torture, hope, and despair. If you've ever felt those feelings before, you understand the Blues.

So now you're going to tell me that Blues Rock is ****ty? How? Using what argument? That they aren't "real" blues artists? That they use modern instruments and recording equipment? That they dress and act the part of a rock musician? Who the **** cares? All that matters is that when they pick up their instrument, they play with feeling and emotion, and that they express exactly what they were feeling at the time they wrote that specific song.

You know who fails at this? No one. No one fails at expressing a song they wrote themselves emotionally - unless you count those that sing and play songs that they in fact did not write for a living. You choose what music you connect with. Most blues rock musicians are very emotional people. This isn't an opinion, it's an observation.

You mention Stevie Ray Vaughan and George Thorogood at being terrible artists. Why? What says they cannot express as much emotion through their music as the others you brought up?

Blues rock is a different way of expressing the emotion using similar chord progressions to the originators of the blues. Guess what else is....music. All modern music started with the blues, and you're going to single out blues rock and say it's the one ****ing it up?

Please.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sorry, I actually appreciate that post. I agree with it entirely, and feel as you do that it doesn't really mean she is the "best". I enjoy her music and enjoy the "unique" and "be yourself" message she kind of sends.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Pitbull, Britney Spears, and anything past the year 2000 is all garbage

Get on my level
You know what my favorite music is?

Video Game Music...

Do you see the irony here?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I honestly didn't respond to your post because I disagree with the fact that her image does anything and I didn't really feel like getting into a debate about it. But if you want my honest opinion, I don't get the whole image piece of music.

Music to me is the music itself. I don't listen to country music because I appreciate the cowboy/redneck clichés, I don't listen to the pop music I listen to because I appreciate the "Hey guys let's get ****ed up and almost die because it's fun to party like an idiot" scene (because I don't), and I don't listen to the metal music I listen to for the whole scene there.

I don't find myself offended by anything that Gaga does (then again, there aren't too many things that do offend me), but I don't see it as being effective for anything except getting her media attention. I feel like, at one point, she was doing what she was doing because she legitimately had unique fashion tastes (and I may even be wrong in that), but I think she's pretty heavily invested in attention at this point, which disappoints me. Maybe in some subconscious way it is still showing people that it's okay to not be a cookie-cutter Barbie/Ken doll, but I don't really see that. And I don't see why, as a musician, she needs to establish a bloody image. She has a good voice, she has talent, and if she just applied that to her music instead of going all ridiculously strange for the sake of image and standing out, I'd still respect her as much as I used to.

Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Pitbull, Britney Spears, and anything past the year 2000 is all garbage

Get on my level
I've seen you say this about eight million times, and each time I wonder more and more how you can be so close-minded. There is such a MASSIVE volume of music past the year 2000 that I think it's literally impossible for you to know that everything past the year 2000 is garbage and I don't see why you'd close yourself off to some potentially great music just so you can feel cool for hating on new music.

Nothing pisses me off more than generalizing when it comes to music. Well, except for people treating music like it's objective.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think he probably doesn't actually think that. If I had to guess. o-o

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think he probably doesn't actually think that. If I had to guess. o-o
As I said, I've seen him say it before, and it's also not something entirely unheard-of or uncommon. So I would imagine he does, unless he's changed his mind.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I know, right?

I hope your willing to take that comment to it's fullest extent and saying that to my mother's face, because if you aren't it's a waste of time for both of us.
I don't know what you mean by 'to it's fullest extent' but I specifically said that it's okay to disagree with your mother SOMETIMES, cause parents aren't ALWAYS right.
Basically, disagree with her when she's wrong. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what you mean by 'to it's fullest extent' but I specifically said that it's okay to disagree with your mother SOMETIMES, cause parents aren't ALWAYS right.
Basically, disagree with her when she's wrong. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
Not hard. Just wanting to know if you're okay with me specifically pointing out you're post here for better or for worse... No big deal :troll:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Do you smell something burning? :awesome:
Troll harder, please.

I'm pretty sure he's trolling at this point, to be honest.

Top Bottom