• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Ness's aerials have landing lag?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
I've wondered this for a while: do ness's aerials not have landing lag or do they just have barely any lag? No where I know has landing lag frame data for any character. I found a place with the landing lag for his PKT but that's it.

Madao

I've wondered this for a while: do ness's aerials not have landing lag or do they just have barely any lag? No where I know has landing lag frame data for any character. I found a place with the landing lag for his PKT but that's it.
Ness' Uair and Dair have auto cancelling so landing lag is the same as if you just landed after jumping or Z cancelling (4 frames). Where did you find the landing lag for his PKT? I don't think anyone bothered finding out the landing lag of regular aerial moves since people just Z cancel anyway.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Ness' Uair and Dair have auto cancelling so landing lag is the same as if you just landed after jumping or Z cancelling (4 frames). Where did you find the landing lag for his PKT? I don't think anyone bothered finding out the landing lag of regular aerial moves since people just Z cancel anyway.
are the autocancels potent throughout the move? wow.

heres the PKT landing lag: http://framedisplay.supersmashbros64.com/webfd/framedisplay.html
click on ness's face, click "up special landing," then play

Madao

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. I've briefly used it before, but didn't know it had Ness' up special landing.
Same. I discovered it by accident. I don't think they have the special land lag for any other move.

I can't find stuff about the autocancel frames in that post you linked me to. Only stuff in the comments

Last edited by a moderator:

Madao

I can't find stuff about the autocancel frames in that post you linked me to. Only stuff in the comments
You can try using ctrl-f and search for "4.6.1 Auto-cancelling frames". You should see a chart that I made. For most moves, it basically auto cancels while the hitbox is not on. I know that it's a giant post xD.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
You can try using ctrl-f and search for "4.6.1 Auto-cancelling frames". You should see a chart that I made. For most moves, it basically auto cancels while the hitbox is not on. I know that it's a giant post xD.
Great, thanks. Do you have the land lag values though? I know they're very minimal and Z canceling is almost guaranteed but I'm interested

Madao

Great, thanks. Do you have the land lag values though? I know they're very minimal and Z canceling is almost guaranteed but I'm interested
You're welcome. At the moment, I do not have those values. I can add it to my todo list though :D . I might try getting back into collecting data. Keep in mind, fast fall doubles the landing lag for everything, if I remember correctly.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
normal falling is 4 frames of landing animation

fastfalled landing is 8 frames of landing animation

z-cancelling changes any landing animation to the default ones, which are the above values

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
normal falling is 4 frames of landing animation

fastfalled landing is 8 frames of landing animation

z-cancelling changes any landing animation to the default ones, which are the above values
Yeah, I know that much

Top Bottom