• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people think this of Zelda?

Platformations

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty decent with Zelda. Kinda okay ya know?

I was fighting a guy online and three-stocked him with Zelda five times.

He then quit, but before that called me a "spammer" and a "noob"

Discuss.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Ha. Yesterday I fought the biggest scrub. He was completely phailing in his battles against me, so he thought it'd be cute to send some high-level CPUs my way to do his fighting for him for 2 or 3 battles. Then he went to play as Snake, because playing as Snake will guarantee your victory every single time...NOT. I two-stocked that loser with mah Zelda. It felt so good, man. It felt so good.

But mostly I was suprised to meet a bigger scrub than me.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Ha. Yesterday I fought the biggest scrub. He was completely phailing in his battles against me, so he thought it'd be cute to send some high-level CPUs my way to do his fighting for him for 2 or 3 battles. Then he went to play as Snake, because playing as Snake will guarantee your victory every single time...NOT. I two-stocked that loser with mah Zelda. It felt so good, man. It felt so good.

But mostly I was suprised to meet a bigger scrub than me.
lmao, that must have been one heck of a n00b xD.

I usually never have problem really, I don't spam any of Zelda's moves. And is funny when I get to KO them with the GTFO DSmash kick.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Considering I'm pretty scrubular/terrible at competitive play, he was had to be pretty terrible to lose to me multiple times then resort to fighting dirty X3

I still am used to Zelda's dair being useless like it was in Melee. I need to start practicing with it.
Hey you want to play? lol
Contact me on AIM if you have one =P

Rogue

Smash Cadet
Zelda easily dominates against someone that doesn't know how to play against her and is not that skilled yet. All of her attacks are easy to get sucked into and she can KO at low percents.

The better your competition the more you'll notice that your matchups with Zelda are actually quite challenging.

(EDIT: If this sounds rude I don't mean it to be.)

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
Anyone that complains after losing just shows how immature they are regarding their skills as well as their attitude. Never take any of those comments seriously. It may be hard to dodge DF online, but it's certainly not an infallible move.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Probably:
A) He couldn't spam his attacks.
B) Din's Fire annoyed him a LOT.
C) Bad loosers always complain.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
When I'm Zelda and I'm winning, they usually start spamming.
If you use Din's Fire more than two times you're a spammer -_- (Note: this is called edgeguarding not spamming)
If you win with Zelda you're cheap

Don't worry, I'm sure you were better than him, so he just called you noob or spammer to feel well with himself

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
a lot of people that beat me are spammers ... but if they beat me by spamming, i still accept that they're better than me... in a broad sense of the word XP.

that being said, MOST people that beat me AREN'T spammers, just a decent amount are (though i'm still able to utterly kick their butts sometimes).

no one ever calls me a spammer... but during some matches i really abuse that cstick's left, right, and down functions... of course i apologize later, but i still feel pretty bad when i do :p.

S2

Smash Lord
I get called a spammer a lot, mostly by weaker players.

I abuse Din's fire like no other. Not simply to rack up damage, but to force opponents into unfavorable situations, forcing an airdodge, or simply pressuring.

Now, a newb usually complains it's cheap because they fail to dodge. It frustrates them, but you shouldn't feel too bad. Dodging is easy, it requires very basic timing.

A good player is going to dodge 90% of the time.

If an opponent is talking about Zelda's smashes... well they have weaknesses too. It's their own fault for not understanding what to do against Zelda. Instead of complaining they should do some research. It's not hard to find the problematic issues for Zelda players.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not hard to dodge. You(to anyone who this may apply) must just really suck if you have tremendous problems with it.

Platformations

Smash Cadet
Yeah it was a major scrub...

but I still lol'd.

I use Din's Fire to start, to see if the player can dodge it. He couldn't.

So I kept using it :p

Clustercluck

Smash Rookie
No such thing as playing cheap...if it wins, it wins. Ignore people who call you cheap or a noob for using anything, ANYTHING, in your moveset. A really good way to play zelda is to stay almost stationary and force them to come at you with din's fire, and use it to buffer her range, shield/dodge their attacks and punish with you're ridiculously powerful usmash and ridiculously fast dsmash....this can beat even a good metaknight player, especially if they aren't used to it. Zelda is way underrated but if you play her the way you need to win you will be called all sorts of lovely names.

screw 'em.

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Don't Zelda's attacks "wear out" after a while and need a rest to get back up to full power?
Yes, all characters do that. You use other attacks to balance out the stale moves.

Usually people just save one move more specifically for killing, and others for racking up damage, or you can just be sure to not spam a certain move too many times.

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
Probably best to keep two moves for killing. Don't want to walk up to an enemy and spam Usmash or Fsmash repeatedly till they decide to walk into it for a kill, they will see it coming even during the rest of the game.

Then again my favorite killers is side air, dsmash or ftilt. :D

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
Best kill moves to keep from decaying are uair, u-tilt and to a lesser degree d-smash. The low trajectory from that move is simply brutal. Even if it doesn't kill, they're put in a bad place.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
You can always refresh the moves by knocking them away, going to Sheik, knocking them away or killing them, and go back to Zelda if you like to use a move a lot.

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
If I notice my opponent isn't going to dodge Din's Fire, then I will probably just keep using Din's Fire...
I feel like "Spamming" sounds too negative. It makes it seem like you are a noob if you spam moves, and this isn't really true. There are times where I have done Zelda's F or DSmash like 4 times in a row, just to trick my opponent into running into me. This is all planned out, and I'm sure it is for most of us.

There is a difference between a noob camping and shooting Falco's laser and a skilled player progressing across the stage, shooting the laser more sparingly, jumping around, and actually landing a few shots.

PsychoKnight

Smash Cadet
Sorry I cant do the multi quote and stuff right yet, but Clustercluck and jbozz1217 summed it up.

A win is a win. In a tournament, a "noob/spammer" could be up against the best Snake player or something (yes I said Snake O_o), and although the person wins against the Snake and the tournament but is called a noob or spammer, well he is walking away with the title of winning the tournament, and the money not mr. Snake. Do whatever you can to win, if the other player can work around or adapt to your strategy, then keep going at it if it means you win.

If you know using Dins Fire will get you being called a spammer(and yes it will happen) oh well..its helping you win. Not saying you did, but if you were doing something that was making you win, stick to it like the others in this thread stated

End Results

Winner-Zelda
Loser-Whoever
It wont show Zelda-Win by Dins Fire...just Zelda..thats what really matters. If people want to complain its just because they cant fight back or lack the skills( and yes anyone could be Zelda with the right skills and strategy, just like anyone could be any other brawl character, same concept)

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I'm pretty decent with Zelda. Kinda okay ya know?

I was fighting a guy online and three-stocked him with Zelda five times.

He then quit, but before that called me a "spammer" and a "noob"

Discuss.
Wow what a scrub.
I hate how people always accuse Zelda of spamming. I know people who call her cheap.

Top Bottom