• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DO people who main snake just to win deserve respect?

strike42

Smash Journeyman
10 years from now, will winning a handful of tournaments improve your quality of life AT ALL? No, it won't. But spending that time actually ENJOYING the game for its menial entertainment value (if enjoyed with peers) might.

did you ever stop to think that tournaments are fun for some people, not just people who just like to play at home? anything can be competitive, u don't have to play competitive but thats the way most of us like. it's not hurting you in anyway.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
If we're talking about tournaments, play to win or don't play at all.
Does that mean only playing High Tier?

I only ask because your comment with the thread itself makes it sound like that. I'd like to think that's not your opinion though. I mean obviously if you're putting money on the line you should be playing with the best chance of making your money back or better. But play you like, and who you fits your style best.

I wouldn't just play Snake, and don't play Snake, just to win money. I play Sonic, and lately a little DK, because they're fun and seem to fit me well. Sure I don't make the money like you do. But I enjoy myself and I'm doing what I can with my characters to try and win. I am playing to win, but that doesn't mean only playing Snake and Meta.

After all, how else is the meta game gunna evolve?

(Not trying to put words in your mouth. But it seems like this thread might start going in the direction so I wanted to throw my comment in now. And working off of your post was the easiest way to do it.)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
DK's always been fun man. I've loved playing him since 64, but when I picked up Sonic I knew I had to devote time to him since he's so... bad. Once I finally got to play DK for real I found my second immeaditly. So great, and this time around he's actually really good.

It's nice having a character who's almost the oppisite of Sonic too, gives you nice balance.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean only playing High Tier?

I only ask because your comment with the thread itself makes it sound like that. I'd like to think that's not your opinion though. I mean obviously if you're putting money on the line you should be playing with the best chance of making your money back or better. But play you like, and who you fits your style best.

I wouldn't just play Snake, and don't play Snake, just to win money. I play Sonic, and lately a little DK, because they're fun and seem to fit me well. Sure I don't make the money like you do. But I enjoy myself and I'm doing what I can with my characters to try and win. I am playing to win, but that doesn't mean only playing Snake and Meta.

After all, how else is the meta game gunna evolve?

(Not trying to put words in your mouth. But it seems like this thread might start going in the direction so I wanted to throw my comment in now. And working off of your post was the easiest way to do it.)
here's my take on it, if your gonna play in a turny play someone whos gonna do well for you or someone that you can win with. if you want to use someone high tier to win then so be it, people can use anyone that they want. "do what ever it takes to win" is my motto

Leprechaun_Drunk: you need to read this http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/intermediates-guide/introducing-the-scrub/

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Actually, hearing it that way makes alot of sense. I'm starting to think i should just delete my post.

Cause really, if Snake isn't your character but Sonic is, than you should be playing Sonic if you're playing to win. Even though he sucks, he's your best character he's your best bet. So yeah. I suck.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
I think some of you guys are missing the point. Competition is a good thing, but only where applicable. When I compete in something, obviously the point is to win. But beyond that spectrum, it's really only important to win if that victory is meaningful.

I'm not aware of competitive child-birthing, but if there is such a thing I'm sure those people are worse off then competitive smashers...

Edit: I am not an amazing smasher, but I'd definitely say above average. The main difference between me and the rest of you (competitive smashers) is that I'm not particularly hung up on how good I am at the game. I take it at face value, and in the end will probably enjoy it more.

But w/e, I don't think we're making any headway here, but I stand by my convictions. I'm gonna gtfo now. Sorry if I offended any of you. Nonetheless, if you main Snake just to win, your a ****.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
has anyone ever pondered, if smash was meant to be a competitive game, why is 90% of its content tournament illegal? The competitive smash scene ruins the game. And generalizing life to "people copy people" is a sad testament to how the world works. If "people copy people" is true, then we should all be STRIVING to be something different and worthwhile, not accept it and live out mundane, pointless existence's.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is NO POINT WHATSOEVER to competitive smashing. The game is meant to be enjoyed and not *******ized. The competitive scene effectively neuters the game and rips the soul from it. Be good at what you do, but only where it matters, and I have to say, smash in the long run does not matter. 10 years from now, will winning a handful of tournaments improve your quality of life AT ALL? No, it won't. But spending that time actually ENJOYING the game for its menial entertainment value (if enjoyed with peers) might. Just food for thought.
Ever notice the people who main snake or so called "broken" characters just for the mere fact that they are considered the best are miserable excuses for human beings?

Playing the best character just to win eh? What kind of silly "competitiveness" is that? Does it fill their imaginary jars of self satisfaction? Sure, the next person shouldn't regard my respect for them, but they are such souless, ball-ess people, suckers of satan's **** each and every one of them.

"YAY! i won a smash tournament and got a big pot of money for it woo hoo! I love snake and his brokeness, i don't care if i've never played mgs before, he's teh best!"

Sorry excuses for human beings. I'll be out making my life credible while those guys will be jerkin off to Snake's prowess in smash.

"Dude your such a hypocrite, why are you on smashboards if your so much better than us?"

I love smash...do i need another reason to join the gaming community? Aside from the fact that in the brief time i've been on these boards i've come to despise not only the smash community but also all gaming communities.

Respect people who choose the best characters to win? Hell no. These people can't even spell sex, have horrible tastes in EVERYTHING, have no sense of creativity, ambition, or most importantly REALITY. Ultimately they amount to NOTHING in this world. They are no worse than the nazi's under Hitler's reign.

Kudos to anyone who gets the references in this post, but i doubt any of you would be that cultured. Go listen to dane cook and watch combo vids all day, then waste your weekends at smash tournaments.

EDIT: i know it'd be incredibly ignorant to label every Snake main (who main him for the right reasons or not), but i have drawn these conclusions from my own experiences. if your a snake main and your not a trick, you are a rare breed.

Leprechaun, I'm going to pretend your not in this discussion because I'm just so surprised how ignorant you're coming off in this topic that its disgusting. If you were better at Smash you'd understand that it's just like any sport in the way that if you are truly good at it you want to play people at your or above your level competitively. And you'd feel the same and wouldn't be scrubbing up this topic if you were better(and I could say this because I have played you and not only did you not take away a stock from me in a Wario vs Luigi matchup, but then I switched to luigi who i've used probably 4 times ever and beat you). I usually try to be as little offensive in my posts as possible, but I like Cort am just stating the honest truth on your ignorance.
====================================

And the point that Cort is trying to get across isn't "Everyone should use high tiers because they win", it's "Play to Win". Pick up any character you want as long as you feel like you could honestly win the best of the best with him/her. Some people have fun and/or feel special playing a certain character, but if you realistically know you can't beat higher-ups with that character why would you bother to put yourself in a position where you are playing a higher-up? If you do it for fun then kudos to you, there is no problem with that. But if you go to tournys and then leave complaining about "SNAKE IS BROKEN, I HATE SNAKE MAINS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS WINNING" then sorry but you're just a scrub.

Snake players don't deserve respect, good players deserve respect. If you are a great player playing a great Snake, then hell yea you deserve respect. But you can't generalize all Snake mains(or any main for that matter) by saying if you respect them as a whole, that's stupid. If you are a crappy player and you play Snake because you have a higher chance of winning than you would if anyone else then you are just a crappy player playing a good character, nothing more, nothing less. People will cry and complain, but if they take it too far they're just scrubbing out. If you're character has an obvious disadvantage vs another and you can't take it, pick up a counter, it's not hard, its not immoral, just do it.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
sorry lep even though i want to agree with you on some points, your argument is made of fail, and well, off topic.... Competition is meant to be fun or exciting, and people are allowed to compete at anything.... i mean how meaningful is boxing really? Congrats you can punch someone so hard that they slip into unconciousness and may lose some brain function, how is that meaningful?? Oh and the reason you are off topic is because you are now speaking out against competitive smash in general which is not a very intelligent thing to do in forums that are devoted to playing smash competitively

My opinion on the whole snake being broken thing is......
yea hes pretty good, but how much props do you get for beating someone with a character who is known to be top tier... now think of how much props you get for beating a top tier character with lets say GANONDORF muhahaha..... if you do it you are automatically epic :D..... Also when everyone mains snake his strategies and playstyles become pretty well known and this also means people will find ways to counter it..... how many people out there know any of jiggs strategies or ganondorf's or pits (my main) really

HOwever if you can win tourneys with snake and you play to get money (which is what most tourneys are there for) then go ahead, good for you..... i personally would never do it, but thats my choice, and because well me playing snake = lamesauce

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Edit: I forgot to mention that there is NO POINT WHATSOEVER to competitive smashing. The game is meant to be enjoyed and not *******ized. The competitive scene effectively neuters the game and rips the soul from it. Be good at what you do, but only where it matters, and I have to say, smash in the long run does not matter. 10 years from now, will winning a handful of tournaments improve your quality of life AT ALL? No, it won't. But spending that time actually ENJOYING the game for its menial entertainment value (if enjoyed with peers) might. Just food for thought.
Actually, Smash is made to bring money to Nintendo. It did probably not matter if it would become a game for tourneys, or for fun, or both (Though I think the last is true), as long as it would be selling good Nintendo would probably be happy.

And yes, my English grammar is horrible. I probably made a lot of mistakes in this post. Sorry about that. I hope that you can still read and understand my post.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he may have been brash and somewhat malicious but all of leps statement have firm backing. i know ppl that practice for 4-5 hours a day playing brawl just to go to a tourney, and whether he wins or not, ( he doesnt btw) thats not constructive use of your time anymore,

also, im tired of ppl quoting sirlin:
1. like hes the almighty Lord and
2. incorrectly
ive read his articles many time, and while he has good points, i can fit every single person on this board into the scrub mentality.
technically playing w/o items and all the stages, these are just made up rules that we have come up with, i.e. playing by our own made up rules. scrub mentality

on topic: do most snake mainers deserve respect, no, not really

does anybody who gets mad about a game as stupid as this really encourage respect to be given him? also, not really

i would post more but i forgot the rest of my thought i need to sleep and get back to this

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and im actually glad that he brought up the nazi's because i waas thinking something very similar.

the ppl who say play to win only are similar to the type of ppl that would condone terrorism, the guy who would give the robber amillion dollars to get the ppl out safely b/c the robber is obviously playing to win. the ppl who would steal just because they dont have the money because you need to win and those shoes are made of win. the ones who think its ok to cheat on your SATs because your playing to win. now i see where ppl are coming from when they talk about what these boards have devolved into. its highly saddening

and back to the game:
how can ppl say snakes not broken, just work around it. how can ppl say that?! the reason so many ppl flocked to snake was b/c they couldnt get around him themselves, and that statement comes off as the most hypocritical thing ive ever seen. thats essentially passing on your problems to someoone else. if you could just get around snake or learn to deal with him, ppl wouldnt play him! its simple, it happend with sonic, ppl thought he was great cus he was fast, but learned to get around it and deal with it, and now, 1/2 of nobody plays sonic. ppl play snake because he is too good to get around, if ppl COULD get around him, they wouldnt play him so much, because hed be like every other character. says that the rest of us need to just deal with him and get around it is a copout, in the purest form of the term

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
Don't dismiss my "trolling" as someone who sucks at smash trying to blame Snake on being broken. I never said "I hate snake mains because all they care about is winning." Good snake players don't garner respect because they are good at smash, because in the end smash amounts to nothing. Notice nobody picked up on the references...but that's beside the point.

I do believe my smash skills have improved since I faced you, but whether we played more matches and you 3 stocked me every match, it wouldn't phase me. There is no point in playing to win if the victory does not have meaning to it. Trying to compare a video game to a sport is more than a little pathetic. I don't hate anyone, per say, but I do have a dislike for people so obsessed with winning in a video game that they'd main a character for the sole reason that he is the "best" rather than choosing a character based on playstyle or connection (with that character).

Edit: I don't mean to come across as cold or cruel or vicious, but that's the way I am. Kudos x 2 if you get that reference. I also want to apologize for the statement "I doubt any of you would be that cultured...and waste your weekends at tournaments" because it detracts from some of my points.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Nobody deserves respect based on their main. You only deserve respect IF YOU'RE GOOD.

Some Snake's deserve it other don't. You can't just pigeonhole people like that. Prejudice is no good.

We play without certain stages and items to minimize luck. We don't tend to have a problem with what people DO.

The scrub mentality is like, CG's are cheap, Snake is cheap, etc. Those things suck but are beatable.

How are you supposed to do anything about a Bob-omb landing right in front of you charging your F-smash? You can't that adds randomness. We are removing that. Not the skill it takes to play.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
he may have been brash and somewhat malicious but all of leps statement have firm backing. i know ppl that practice for 4-5 hours a day playing brawl just to go to a tourney, and whether he wins or not, ( he doesnt btw) thats not constructive use of your time anymore,
It's a hobby, dude.

I practice workout and practice jujitsu like crazy and I'm not planning on being an MMA fighter or anything. I have no end goal. It's just a hobby. Writting is a hobby. Collecting is a hobby. Knitting is a hobby. Talking on forums is a hobby. Going to smash tournys is a hobby.

It's what people do. How is this so different?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's a hobby, dude.

I practice workout and practice jujitsu like crazy and I'm not planning on being an MMA fighter or anything. I have no end goal. It's just a hobby. Writting is a hobby. Collecting is a hobby. Knitting is a hobby. Talking on forums is a hobby. Going to smash tournys is a hobby.

Smash is serious business.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
It's a hobby, dude.

You don't write, collect, or knit for the sole purpose of winning, do you? At least with writing, collecting, knitting, or jujitsu training, there are positive outcomes and reasonable reasons for self-satisfaction. You write something, it's your own creative piece. You knit something, and you've created something. You collect something and you have timeless pieces that may be worth something in the future. You train in jujitsu, you become healthy, learn self discipline and have the added perk of being able to kick ***. Competitive smash as a hobby? no benefits whatsoever. Some might argue that competitive smashing is fun, but in the scheme of things, it'd be a lot more fun without the whole competitive scene.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
and im actually glad that he brought up the nazi's because i waas thinking something very similar.

the ppl who say play to win only are similar to the type of ppl that would condone terrorism, the guy who would give the robber amillion dollars to get the ppl out safely b/c the robber is obviously playing to win.
Trying to compare a video game to a sport is more than a little pathetic. I don't hate anyone, per say, but I do have a dislike for people so obsessed with winning in a video game that they'd main a character for the sole reason that he is the "best" rather than choosing a character based on playstyle or connection (with that character)..
If a baseball player takes steroids because he's playing to win its called cheating. If someone robs a bank or does ANYTHING bad they are just flat out wrong, it doesn't matter what mentality they have.

It's more like the stupid debate of runners wearing shock pumps or other types of shoes even though they are perfectly legal then people who lost saying "Well I would of won if he didn't use those shoes"..............

There is no point in playing to win if the victory does not have meaning to it.
This is all in your head, dude. Other people don't have the same opinion as you and that doesn't make you over them as a human being because you think your opionion is more morale. I'm not saying it's not my opinion either, not saying it is. I'm saying that opinions aren't a reason to say things like you have.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You don't write, collect, or knit for the sole purpose of winning, do you? At least with writing, collecting, knitting, or jujitsu training, there are positive outcomes and reasonable reasons for self-satisfaction. You write something, it's your own creative piece. You knit something, and you've created something. You collect something and you have timeless pieces that may be worth something in the future. You train in jujitsu, you become healthy, learn self discipline and have the added perk of being able to kick ***. Competitive smash as a hobby? no benefits whatsoever. Some might argue that competitive smashing is fun, but in the scheme of things, it'd be a lot more fun without the whole competitive scene.
thats a QFT if ive ever seen one

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
In the end you die anyway so try like you want but your life is going to be wasted.
So it is better to do just what you like.

Edit: And having good Smash skills can be fun. Is fun a waste of time? I think not. Fun and happiness are the only things that make life worthwhile. (Not to say that your life should be about Smahs offcourse xD.)

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

I'm officially not posting again in this thread. Having fun, having a hobby, and/or winning are apperently too hard for you to understand.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Blue SHell pretty much finished this thread. And Cort's endorsement was like the Denumount. Stop fighting now please.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
And you post here because? Do you create something now? Does this make you healthy? Do you collect something valuable by posting here? No.
So if you only do things that are REALLY usefull, why are you still posting here then?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he does gain enjoyment from playing the game and getting better at it, but the lvls that some ppl take it to are just excessive and meaningless. some ppl dont even realise they arent having fun anymore and are just doing it to win

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
And you post here because? Do you create something now? Does this make you healthy? Do you collect something valuable by posting here? No.
So if you only do things that are REALLY usefull, why are you still posting here then?
I came to these forums because they are an open venue for the smash community, and I enjoyed smashing. I'm only posting here to create a point and defend it. And yes, this thread has had some beneficial side effects.

Edit: Your a sorry sap if you can't have fun without winning. Also, in the end your life is wasted? If that's true, wouldn't that give you incentive to do something more significant with your life and enjoying it while it lasts instead of getting caught up on winning?

jalued

Smash Lord
I don't feel like checking any of the other post but let me just say a Sheik main should never say anything about being "broken"

Yes Snake is quite good but Sheik was consider broken for years back in melee but people stilled used her. What can we Sheik users say to snakes, stop using him because you gain a unfair advantage?

Please stop your *****ing.
sorry tristan, but this isn't at all about melee sheik. tbh, i actually never played the melee sheik. i don't know why, i just preferred mario and fox. this isn't some bitterness post about "the good old days", i main sheik now because i like her, and yes i do agree that melee sheik was broken, and yes, i think that that was wrong.

Snake's On A Plane

Smash Cadet
I've come to realize that people who lose to Snake, then try to use him and suck, say he's broken. And what's with people bringing up this whole imaginary tier list lol THERE IS NO TIER LIST YET PEOPLE and since Snake has so many bad match ups I would assume he wouldnt be the top. If you cant beat a player who is GOOD with snake, then that's understandable. If you cant beat a player who's a noob with Snake, then its not Snake who is broken but you as a smash player isn't good enough to beat that player. Brawl has done a good job of giving all the characters in the game pretty even advantages/disadvantages.

Also, if you dont feel that smash should be competitive then why would you go to a forum filled with dedicated smashers who obviously play competitively? And if you compare video game skills to real life skills and functions then you need help determining fantasy from reality! In fighting games, you COMPETE against other players therefore making the game competitive. The mere act of playing the game is competing, so you cant play the game unless you are being competitive!

If you are not a great smasher then I understand not wanting to play against more completive tourney going players. But dont complain to the more competitive players that you dont like how good they are because its ridiculous. And really, people can be good at smash and have lives outside of it lol

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
The only time the Snake forums seem dead is when no one is complaining about Snake.

So we're basically immortal.

Edds

Smash Ace
some people main snake when they couldnt win with their own char. thats proberly why snake gets so much trashtalk

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Drunk isn't saying "Playing to win" is a bad thing. Thats the whole point of a tournament. If I wanted to lose at a tournament, I would pick Yoshi and spam egg toss...if I wanted to win, I would use my mains Snake and Wario...nothing wrong with jumping on a bandwagon, tournaments are made for winning, not for losing...

What Drunk is saying that there are good competitive smashers ,and that there are bad competitive smashers. The good ones enjoying a competitive scene. They enjoy the thrill knowing that the loser goes home with nothing and that the winner goes home with a sense of victory and a prize. Competition is very, very fun. Its the thrill you get, knowing that one mistake can end it all and that every move counts, and victory is so, so sweet. I love competition when it comes to smash. I play by certain rules, and yes, I main Snake, both because I love the MGS series, and he is just a good, broken character. If i want to use, I'll look for the character with the lowest success rate and act like a ****** when playing.

The bad competitive smashers, are just *******s who are full of themselves. The people who look down at others just because they can't win, and the people who when they lose, just john and make up sad excuses. Those are the *******s I think he is talking about. People who look down on you for using a broken character, people who say you deserve zero respect. Umm...its a ****ing video game, there is no respect in it to begin with, you sit on your *** and push buttons, how much respect do I ****ing deserve? Lmfao, the good smashers don't play respect, they play because they love that feeling of competition, and the will to win. Bad smashers are arrogant, no life tourney ***s, good smashers love competition. There is a difference between a earned victory and just a stupid one. If you just gloat and look down on others, have you truly won? If you put up a good fight, played to win, and had fun with the competitive thrill, then you really did win.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont understand why so many ppl here are of the mindset that, if it is a bad player saying negative things about a character, their opinion doesnt matter, because the only reason, that they could POSSIBLY making these comments. is because they suck and are whining. this is why these boards are degenerating so fast.

Their are so many johns that ppl come up with as to why others opinions dont matter, when the sad reality is that most of us are so closed minded that we refuse to even try to understand where other ppl come from. the truth is that leprechaun makes some really good points, but most ppl cant look past the fact that he sounded insulting or that he isnt good at the game to see the legitamacy that his posts have.

just because you dont like what ppl say, doesnt mean that you can just write them off as the ramblings of a scrub, it really doesnt matter if yo respect them enuff, its just basic human courtesy that if someone says something you should try to understand them b4 you blindly jump to a conclusion

Snake's On A Plane

Smash Cadet
just because you dont like what ppl say, doesnt mean that you can just write them off as the ramblings of a scrub, it really doesnt matter if yo respect them enuff, its just basic human courtesy that if someone says something you should try to understand them b4 you blindly jump to a conclusion
So that being said you're gonna agree with an idiot who says stuff like :

Ever notice the people who main snake or so called "broken" characters just for the mere fact that they are considered the best are miserable excuses for human beings?

Playing the best character just to win eh? What kind of silly "competitiveness" is that? Does it fill their imaginary jars of self satisfaction? Sure, the next person shouldn't regard my respect for them, but they are such souless, ball-ess people, suckers of satan's **** each and every one of them.

"YAY! i won a smash tournament and got a big pot of money for it woo hoo! I love snake and his brokeness, i don't care if i've never played mgs before, he's teh best!"

Sorry excuses for human beings. I'll be out making my life credible while those guys will be jerkin off to Snake's prowess in smash.

"Dude your such a hypocrite, why are you on smashboards if your so much better than us?"

I love smash...do i need another reason to join the gaming community? Aside from the fact that in the brief time i've been on these boards i've come to despise not only the smash community but also all gaming communities.

Respect people who choose the best characters to win? Hell no. These people can't even spell sex, have horrible tastes in EVERYTHING, have no sense of creativity, ambition, or most importantly REALITY. Ultimately they amount to NOTHING in this world. They are no worse than the nazi's under Hitler's reign.

Kudos to anyone who gets the references in this post, but i doubt any of you would be that cultured. Go listen to dane cook and watch combo vids all day, then waste your weekends at smash tournaments.
So basically by agreeing with this moron you're making your whole basic human courtesy statement invalid. READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE JUMPING ON A BANDWAGON!

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
I do not attend tournaments. I have a REAL job. And sorry if I come across as complaining about people maining Snake to win, power to them, but at the end of the day i'm an infinitely more worthwhile person than they will ever be.

They don't effect me as a human being in anyway, they are just annoyances who should be shot off the face of the planet.

If you people are SOOOO competitive and dead set on winning, why not apply it in an area of life that MATTERS?!?

I'm a competitive person in area's of my life where COMPETITION IS HEALTHY. Competitiveness in smash just sucks the soul and fun out of the game. I compete in local fighting bouts through my area's boxing organization, i work as a waiter in a restaurant (and not some applebee's ****, i work in a classy italian restaurant), have a GIRLFRIEND (female contact is like kryptonite to tourney tards) and start my first semester of college in august. wtf are you guys doing with your time? Ruining a game for the rest of us.

If anyone from smashboards boxes competitively and lives in the tri-state area and wants to spar with me a lil, i'll be glad to. I are iz a top tiers boxer -_-

I did volunteer work at a program for autistic children. I know kids there who will be more productive human beings in society than most of the spiritless Snake mainers who only use him cus he's "broken" and they desire to win so badly.
I never attended to official tournaments myself but I can't let personal attacks like that slide without saying anything.

First of all, I'm a Snake mainer, I use him equaly along with Ike and Ganondorf (wich are considered low tier for now) I don't take winning too seriously, won't PMS if I'm challenged to an item match and the reason Snake is among my mains is because he seem to be the successor to Captain Falcon in manliness, I just find it funny to use such a serious character in a toon-dominated game. I'm probably not the kind of people you are sooooo angry at, but I main Snake.

Now, I see that you are quite found of the ''dude get a LIFE!'' card. So you decide what a life is now? You think that your activities are superior to other people's. You are waiter in a restaurant, you have a girlfriend, you box and are in college... and? That doesn't make you a better being than someone who would, for example, spend most of his days playing games, sign up in local tournaments and **** off to his favorite game characters in his spare time. You don't like it? Does that make it wrong? I don't like playing as Meta-Knight and that doesn't mean it's a bad character, not liking something doesn't mean it's stupid or ''wrong''

What you ''suffer'' from here can be called an elitist attitude. ''I am better than anyone who isn't like me, my way is the only good way of doing things and when I have an opinion it's certainly a fact.''

Some people enjoy winning tourneys. Enjoy using a character that give them a good chance vs a big part of the cast. Enjoy using a lot of their time to polish their skills to the highest possible level. etc

Oh and no one force you to play competitive Snake mainers, so how would they spoil any of the fun for you? I don't think you can get accidently exposed to the competitive Smash scene unless you throw yourself into it.

jalued

Smash Lord
Snake is among my mains is because he seem to be the successor to Captain Falcon in manliness, I just find it funny to use such a serious character in a toon-dominated game. I'm probably not the kind of people you are sooooo angry at, but I main Snake.

Best reason ever to main snake!!!!! i know exactly what u mean lol

Fission_Mailed

Smash Rookie
Even before Brawl came out, the moment I heard that Snake was going to be in it, I knew who my main was going to be. I didn't care if he was going to be the best character or the worst. Imo, MGS is one of the best game series ever made and I've been following it ever since the first one came out on the PS1. So there you have it, I main him because of the character, not his abilities, and it so turns out that he's one of the best in Brawl. There's no way I'm going to stop maining him just because some people complain about how apparently broken he is.

Top Bottom