• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Pros Ever Play With Items?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hey everyone, I'm back.

The videos are not done yet. I blame camera failure.

And I understand you guys being cautious about my proness. (lol funny word) I would be to.

Anyways, what would you guys like to see in my video?
You Vs. An actual pro, but since that isn't going to happen, how about...........skill? Yeah, show us some skill.

Edit: Hey, maybe you should think about changing the title of this thread, cus it seems to have shifted to another topic.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Hey everyone, I'm back.

The videos are not done yet. I blame camera failure.

And I understand you guys being cautious about my proness. (lol funny word) I would be to.

Anyways, what would you guys like to see in my video?
...not the only thing failing...

Yes, let us see some skill in your videos.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I beat ssbmmasta1234 in a $1 MM am I pro yet?
Yes.

This thread is so funny. I wish I noticed it earlier. Can't wait till this dude pulls off his mask and winds up being M2K. He'd be all "Bwuaahaha! I am item master M2K! I throw only legendary pokeballs!" Then we'll all be sorry.

Very sorry.

EDIT: **** you, Jambre. You beat me to my mildly amusing sarcastic post!

WFL

Smash Journeyman
am, i earnt money in smash therefore i am professional

noob
If somebody makes money from something it doesn't make them professional. The question you should ask yourself is "Does the majority of my income come from playing in SSBM tournaments?"

I could consider myself a professional table tennis player because I make some money off of it, but that doesn't make me a professional because I'm nowhere near the professional level.

Also, if you win tournaments within your own community that is cut off from everything else and you only play those people you're not going to get any better. You're only going to get as good as the best player in your own community.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you macdude55... but winning a few tournaments does not make you a pro. Have you beaten any real pros?

Aiko is exactly correct. Pros never say that they are pros.
even beating pros doesn't mean ur pro! pro just means you play for money. i think he would know that. you could be the suckiest player in the universe and still have a sponser. so just tell us, do you play for money. if so, then there is at least one pro in the world who does play with items, and more than one from phanna's vid (i didn't see items in the first one...). end of question.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
...a lot of people don't seem to understand what "pro" means.

Instead of pitching in and then adding themoreyouknow.jpg, I'm gonna lol from the sidelines.

lol

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Forward was the only true professional smasher. He has since entered a semiretired state where he claims to be retired, yet still hosts regular tournaments.

(No one ever quits smash)

worldjem7

Smash Ace
A professional by definition is someone who makes their income by playing a game

ex: Hockey players in the NHL are called professional as opposed to others who have to pay to play which are called amateur players

so basically if you get paid to play smash technically you'd be a professional. Otherwise, if you have to pay to play then it's technically amateur. But, you know people have their own views on how a "pro" is defined. I'm just showing one way of looking at it.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Hmm... When it comes to smash, I think you'd be considered a pro is most of the smash community considers you a pro. Money is meh - you could just be making money off noobs and say you're pro.

D

Deleted member

Mac, we dont care who u play, we just want to see vids. We wont judge u winning or losing, just sucking. And u arent a pro, even if ur skillz surpass M2K, because u havent won or even placed somewhat well in any tournaments we've heard of.

spindash

Smash Ace
I made my decision you aren't a pro. You talk like bad player.
Oh yes. Because the way he talks really displays his abilities at a game. :\

I really do find it funny how everyone jumped on him for saying that he's pro instead of the real question that he asked. Everybody wants their big moment in the crowd, I guess. XD

To answer his real question?

I wouldn't know, since I have not played many pros. The only pro I think I have faced was Steve and that was in a compromised Doubles Finals match, and there were no items on. I'd assume they put them on sometimes for the fun of it though!

Banks

Smash Hero
Oh yes. Because the way he talks really displays his abilities at a game. :\

I really do find it funny how everyone jumped on him for saying that he's pro instead of the real question that he asked. Everybody wants their big moment in the crowd, I guess. XD

To answer his real question?

I wouldn't know, since I have not played many pros. The only pro I think I have faced was Steve and that was in a compromised Doubles Finals match, and there were no items on. I'd assume they put them on sometimes for the fun of it though!
yea STEVE is mad pro

goateeguy

Smash Ace
A professional by definition is someone who makes their income by playing a game

ex: Hockey players in the NHL are called professional as opposed to others who have to pay to play which are called amateur players

so basically if you get paid to play smash technically you'd be a professional. Otherwise, if you have to pay to play then it's technically amateur. But, you know people have their own views on how a "pro" is defined. I'm just showing one way of looking at it.
this is exactly what i said. seriously, pro just means you make money playing the game, so if ur pro, you know it.

D

Deleted member

Ermm, im honestly not sure if this has been answered. Im fairly certain some pros play with items.

Top Bottom