• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do The Mario 4 [It's Uair]

SKidd

Smash Master
Good ****ing **** Fire!

Turned out waaaay better than I expected. Like, way way way better.

I thought the combos were gonna be really ****ty, but I guess I underestimated our Marios.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Shoutouts to the random guy in the youtube comments that wanted more Mario on Mario violence.

If he only knew how hard I looked for non-Mario ditto matches...that's all I've got on my wii.

Most impressive kill: TEB's cape on that Snake near the beginning...too goodz. Really impressive.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Well done Fire, excellent editing and excellent dedication to the project. Much respect.

I dunno, I was expecting more, but I was probably setting some pretty unrealistic expectations for the video...there were just some clips that made me wonder why they were in. Regardless, Matador looked excellent, XeroXen had the most creative clips for sure, Coolwhip looked shockingly solid for wifi play (kinda wish he had more clips), and Flameleon had some pretty nice moments too.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@Matador: Bro, i couldn't agree more with what you said about the ditto play.
I really wanted DTM4 to be "Mario vs. the whole roster" all i seen was stack vs you.
Reminds me of boss vs. famous from DTM3.

Also shoutout to those idiots with those uneducated comments they posted on youtube.
I'm glad that our bro teb put one of those dummies in their place.
Made me lol even more that another one agrees with that dumb ***. :lol:

@Thatguy: Thanks bro. Those two clips you saw of me were offline against two good pals i know.
I'm not upset due to seeing only two clips of my mario. fire said way b4 the release of dtm4 that he will be releasing "Bonus video content" very soon. (Had more gud clips. xD)

I'm just happy & humble to be apart of the DTM franchise, that's all i ever wanted.
I became a fan of dtm since dtm2, and thats how i knew takeshi right away.
He took me under his wing & help me become the mario iam today.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
@Matador: Bro, i couldn't agree more with what you said about the ditto play.

I'm just happy & humble to be apart of the DTM franchise, that's all i ever wanted.
I became a fan of dtm since dtm2, and thats how i knew takeshi right away.
He took me under his wing & help me become the mario iam today.
I was just going to type something like this xd.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Thanks a lot guys! I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. I tried to make it the best possible video I could.

When the video reaches 1,200 views, I'll release the "removed clips" video which is basically all the clips I recorded, but removed due to filtering. In all honesty, it could be it's own stand alone combo video, but nothing near DTM4. Most of the Wifi, Fail and Uair/UTilt moments are there. The rest are just random stuff related to the video.

@KMF: I upscaled the quality twice during the process. Since the Dazzle records in VOB format, I converted it to AVI, then "upscaled" it to 720p during rendering. I was going to do 1080p, but rendering that video would take over 10 hours.

I have to say that I was really surprised at a lot of the clips you guys showed me. One of the perks from making the video is simply seeing what you guys bring to the table and I was impressed by the variety you gave me.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
i can finally say..there is a mario combo video on youtube better than mine :)
Nah that already happened last year ;)

But in all seriousness, I'm very very impressed with the editing of this video. I'm so glad, Firemario took over and composed the video. (I'm actually very Jealous because it's much better than any video I created xD, but I'm more proud than jelly :3)

Most of the combos also took me by surprise. I see we have a lot of flashy Marios with cool Combos up their sleeves. I have to say I love to see Veterans such as Monk and Matador show up again. I was hoping to see Vato in there >: (.

Again, I'm very impressed with the video, I loved the beginning too lol. I actually regret not having a spot in there now.

Awesome job guys!

vato_break

Smash Master
Nah that already happened last year ;)

But in all seriousness, I'm very very impressed with the editing of this video. I'm so glad, Firemario took over and composed the video. (I'm actually very Jealous because it's much better than any video I created xD, but I'm more proud than jelly :3)

Most of the combos also took me by surprise. I see we have a lot of flashy Marios with cool Combos up their sleeves. I have to say I love to see Veterans such as Monk and Matador show up again. I was hoping to see Vato in there >: (.

Again, I'm very impressed with the video, I loved the beginning too lol. I actually regret not having a spot in there now.

Awesome job guys!

don't worry Bo, we will make a combo video ft. you and I! i didn;t feel right being in the DTM without you...and btw Get caped is waaaaaaay better than metaknght with meatballs! ;p

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Great job guys. You definitely didn't disappoint with the crazy amount of skill portrayed in that video. Fire, superb video editing skills. Mario will always be the main face on the cover of any Super Smash Bros. game and this video hinted at why that is. (or because he's Nintendo's mascot)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Thanks a lot guys! I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. I tried to make it the best possible video I could.

When the video reaches 1,200 views, I'll release the "removed clips" video which is basically all the clips I recorded, but removed due to filtering. In all honesty, it could be it's own stand alone combo video, but nothing near DTM4. Most of the Wifi, Fail and Uair/UTilt moments are there. The rest are just random stuff related to the video.

@KMF: I upscaled the quality twice during the process. Since the Dazzle records in VOB format, I converted it to AVI, then "upscaled" it to 720p during rendering. I was going to do 1080p, but rendering that video would take over 10 hours.

I have to say that I was really surprised at a lot of the clips you guys showed me. One of the perks from making the video is simply seeing what you guys bring to the table and I was impressed by the variety you gave me.

Just 1,200 views?
lol. DTM4 is @ 1,198 viewers at the moment.
Minus well go ahead & release it sometime today.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wasn't expecting the views to be that high already. I'll do it maybe Wednesday or Friday.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman

Thank you for the tip.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It waas awsome!!!!!!

2 dislikes? day jus haten
You can't expect everyone to like something, it's basically the way of life. :lol:

@Fire: Thanks for the DL video for DTM4.
I just DL it today & put it on my mp3 player. :)

:mario2: ← God-τιεr

stack

Smash Cadet
NNID
stack0123
Love your taste in music Fire :) especially the Persona music. While most of these clips are really good, I can understand why some of these weren't included. So yeah, I too agree with Flameleon.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
I also agree with Flameleon. Haha, I spotted like 5 or 6 clips that were mine. I was gonna use some of them for my own Mario CV, but whatever. I'll just get better clips xd.
They were some where I thought: Why were these removed?
Like those double F-air combos, those were nice imo. I guess you know more about this than I do :p

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
There was too much Fair in the combo video as it was anyway. That was something that actually disappointed me.

Fair isn't that sexy when it's shown in 3/4 of the clips, lol. Out of my 4 clips only one of them even included a Fair, and that was Fair -> Up-B.

But then again this is smash so whatever.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Trust me. I went out of my way to remove lots of the Fair clips. You guys sent tons. (You know who you are)

Most of the clips were removed mostly due to obvious Wifi and to keep variety. It was tough, especially the variety part. I was looking for stuff that I haven't seen before or in other words stuff that surprised me.

Also gonna start periodically uploading random stuff that's somewhat related to the combo video.

Woot! Persona!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Well, you did a great job @ selecting the right clips for the video, fire.
Those two clips of my you use for the video were offline. :cool:

Top Bottom