• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do these hacks/mods work on the Gamecube?

Atrain

Smash Cadet
Hey all,

I'm new to hacking/modding. I only have a GameCube - I was wondering if it's necessary to have a wii in order to use the hacked iso's?

Warhawk

Smash Lord
You can also use texture hacks on the gamecube if you have an action replay for the gamecube I think but I've heard it has weird bugs that are less common when you just use a hacked wii.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
You can run backups on the sd media launcher for the gamecube, but for one you need to buy it if you don't have it . The second downside to this is that it only runs isos off the Sd card. That's not bad since it saves yourself from buying dvd-r's but iirc running isos off sd is not perfect. You get these obnoxious sounds when navigating through the menu. Its probably gotten better now since then but I doubt it. You also can buy mini dvd-r's so you can burn the iso to it. that way it'll fit in the gamecube. Just find a way to run actual "disc" backups. I know its possible but I forgot the method. I think action replay for gc runs backups but im not sure. Sry.... :(

Top Bottom