• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you care if your Pokemon is Male/Female?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I do. I can't stand having a character like Machoke or Rhydon (for examples) being female since they don't look anything like females to me, same for the other way around, for characters like Gardevoir or whatever other Pokemon that look really girly. :p Do you care what gender certain Pokemon are?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
In a sense, yes. I have pretty much the same opinion on it as you do, I really don't like having a female Geodude, for example. It just feels weird to me, but other than Geodude and Machop, I don't think any other pokemon's genders matter to me.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I hate it when I get a genderless Magnemite. :mad:

It really only matters for me when considering breeding though. and Wobbuffet. They ruined female Wobbuffets.
Kissy kissy

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
With certain Pokemon, I do care actually. I hate when I breed Pokemon and want a certain gender and end up not getting it. Or even more annoying when I'm hunting for specific Pokemon I end up running into them with the gender I don't want and often times they're harder to find.

Dang game not giving me more female Eevee. I love that 12.5% chance of getting a female. =/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I only noticed after the 6th gym or whatever that my whole team is female, including my HM slave.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I keep the ratio of male/female/genderless equal.

I'm that cool.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
It only really matters to me when im breeding pokemon. But i do prefer females. If there are any attract pokemon i run into in game, they are always female and own my mostly male team. They are mostly male by coincidence.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I see more people with males and attract is quite handy. Also I can raise my stats easily without them attacking or missing. I enjoy breeding the starters and the Eevees.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Nobody, proving my point. The only somewhat-good pokemon who has it is haxorus, and he has mold breaker.

Dior

Smash Cadet
Yea rivalry and the move attract. The last thing i would want to happen is to gett walled by an attract user.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I prefer A male over most things. Unless I want a female for certain Pokemon. Like someone like Lapras I always want a female. But for someone like an Eevee I don't care. And almost always I want my starter to be a male. It's also hard to come up with nicknames that fit that gender if it doesn't really fit at all lol

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Not really, ditto exists. As long as you have a ditto, you can breed

Call me crazy, but when I have the choice, I have my walls female and my sweepers male.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Usually it doesn't matter to me. I have a subconscious inclination towards females, though, but I won't go out of my way unless I need to. Also <3 reppin' dem girly man Pokes/manly girl Pokes.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
only care when breeding

and sometimes i reset for a female, good nature starter to save me trouble later

nothing else matters, except when some genders are unbearably ugly (wobbuffet comes to mind, perhaps jellicent)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
only care when breeding

and sometimes i reset for a female, good nature starter to save me trouble later

nothing else matters, except when some genders are unbearably ugly (wobbuffet comes to mind, perhaps jellicent)

Y U no love me?

0_o

Smash Rookie
It all depends on what Pokemon it is. Like my Eevee I got from Bill in Heartgold was a boy so I decided to evolve it into an Umbreon but instead it evolved into and Espeon and I saved it for who knows why. I wanted to breed the Umbreon to breed with a Ditto then get a female Espeon now it's a boy but it's all good I guess.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I do, mainly because I want my team balanced just in case we run into a Pokemon with attract.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Overall it is dependant on which Pokemon. Some would look weird with certain Genders. Out of all the Eevee's I breeded only gotten 1 female which is now Espeon. All the males are all the other evolved forms.

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
I was breeding for a slowking long ago and it took 30 slowpokes with the right nature. I got 2 females. I couldnt have a female slowking >.>

it really just matters what the pokemon is

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like all of my Pokemon to be female. I don't know why.

Sometimes I go out of the way to catch a female, sometimes I don't. I've never gotten a female starter and I usually just leave it be.

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
My torchic back at sapphire was female. I was pretty salty about cause I never noticed until it was too late. Then she said there was noooo wayyyy

:phone:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Certain Pokémon, yes. My dog reminds me of Vulpix/Ninetales, so I prefer to have a female. Usually it's by association with things from my past — like Leavanny for whatever reason reminds me of David Bowie so I opted for a male. I guess that answers your question then.

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
I actually have a male guardivoir in my diamond. it was my original one from sapphire. so when i saw the new evoltion gallade i was like "...wow gay D:"

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I hate it with Eevees. I try to get females and I get one but I get with with a nature that hurts the growth of Special Attack and it ticks me off since many of the evolutions are on high Special Attack except Umbreon and Leafeon.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's weird, the red colour of the female symbol urks me, so I strive for as many males as possible.

Top Bottom