• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you dance with the beat?(music)

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, my friend has this kind of thing when listening to music he really likes. He basically dances to the beat. He can't even stay still with the beat.

So! I'm wondering! Do you dance with the beat when your listening to music?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If I'm feeling goofy, and I'm listening to a silly song (like a really awesome, awful 80's song), I'll do some awkward movements to the beat for a moment and belt out the words if I know them. Which isn't really the same at all.

Also, this is just kind of peculiar to me. You say your friend "has this kind of thing when listening to music" as if dancing is really odd to do when music is playing. What's so unusual about just jammin' to a song you like?

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
If I'm feeling goofy, and I'm listening to a silly song (like a really awesome, awful 80's song), I'll do some awkward movements to the beat for a moment and belt out the words if I know them. Which isn't really the same at all.

Also, this is just kind of peculiar to me. You say your friend "has this kind of thing when listening to music" as if dancing is really odd to do when music is playing. What's so unusual about just jammin' to a song you like?
He can't stay still. Theres nothing unusual about jamming with the song you like. I just want people's opinion on what they do if they listen to music. Even i jam with the beat :lick:

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I'm the same as your friend. I hear the music, and I can't help but synchronize with the beat. Then out of nowhere my foot starts moving, then my legs, my arms next, and before I know it, I'm taken over by the beat.

I can move with the beat, I just don't know many dance moves. So whenever I "dance" people say, "What is he doing?" Unfortunately, I get that a lot.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
I'm the same as your friend. I hear the music, and I can't help but synchronize with the beat. Then out of nowhere my foot starts moving, then my legs, my arms next, and before I know it, I'm taken over by the beat.

I can move with the beat, I just don't know many dance moves. So whenever I "dance" people say, "What is he doing?" Unfortunately, I get that a lot.
There's nothing wrong with you. Everyone has their own style of dancing. Ignore what people say and keep on what you enjoy doing! :lick:

I pretend play drums, well not really pretending to play drums, more like following it with my hands you know, high hat, snare, and kick with my feet plus add in head movements mellow or aggressively depending on the song. Thats my normal thing i guess since I play drums. Even if the song has no drums ill tap out the timing.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I do this except not only with 80's music, but with all music.

I'm especially guilty of this while cooking.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I hit the club with a mug so mean got them *****s like who the **** is that~
then i hopped up out the car so clean got them hoes like who the **** is that~
Hit the dough like
Right
Left
Back
Forth
Yeah I got the money ***** thats o'course
Hit the stage with a B-boy stand, the club owner like who the **** is that~

I dance. a lot.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Techno music has always been a favorite of mine whenever I go to a party, I don't know why though but I usually will do some mind you, some knee sliding along with some guitar poses, just like some of those heavy metal bands guys do.

Dance Dance Revolution though I have to say
is GAY, well not really, it's just because I always end up getting beat by someone better.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I tap my feet, that's it.

Seen plenty of people that tend to get too into it. idk, its weird when in a room with 20 people lol.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I mosh and I headbang to the appropriate music.Like crazy. This is a must.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
well, i listen to a lot of metal so really is no "dancing" perse' but i bang and thrash around . usually just bob my head and slam my foot w/ the music. if there are enough of us though...thats a whole different story.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i hate dancing (because i cant do it) but when i listen to music (metal and rock is pretty much all i listen 2) i headbang, tap my feet, and ocassionally pretend im playing the drums or guitar also if noone is around ill sing the lyrics

Top Bottom