• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you guys think Lucas is rigged?

ddmrulz

Smash Rookie
Long story short, one of my mains in Brawl is Lucas, and me and my two friends play Brawl on a regular basis. Basically; they think Lucas is extremely cheap and a "rigged" character, and claim that all his specials are way too powerful (they absolutely refuse to acknowledge that his Up+B and Down+B leave you completely vulnerable, especially if you miss). They don't seem to get that most of his specials take a long time to pull off, leave you very vulnerable (again, especially if you miss), and require good timing to pull off correctly. Oh and also nevermind the fact that he's in the second worst tier on the official tier list.

What do you guys think of how good Lucas is?

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
I think Lucas is a great character. He has more potential than people think. But I don't know if he is good enough to make it passed E or D tier. But as probably the best Lucas in Minnesota, I'll keep trying to place in tourneys to prove Lucas. As for low tier events... Lucas mainers just own those.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I think Lucas is not good.

A lot of people are probably just surprised when there are people who can play him well.

During the first week or so the game was out I admit I thought he was overpowered. :laugh:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lucas cheap all u do is short up n-air into u-tilt or jab spam pk fire f-tilt f-tilt then kill with a grab f-smash d-smash u-smash ban him

he has a million ways to recover

zap jump

pk thunder

pk thunder 2

pk thunder 3

rope snake

hookshot

5 projectiles

pk fire

pk ice

pk thunder

pk thundershock

pk thunderbolt

he has 8 spikes! wtf

he cheats he has offense and life up too

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You obv forgot F-tilt spamming. You land one of those and you get 20 damage and it's range is like WTF IS THIS!

And then he has his 'naners. Fricken broken when he goes SH Silent PKFire into banana combo.

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
man then if you manage to get out of the naners, he still has his d-throw chain grab where he sits on you and kills you with his powerful hammer (Fsmash)

lil cj

Smash Lord
whoa its been a while since Ive been on SWF....to answer your question Lucas isnt qualified as good in Brawl, he has too many flaws and doesnt have anything ground breaking or cheap that makes him "good"....for example Diddy has bananas and dash attack, which makes him good....Lucas has......PK fire, its good for spacing but its no banana

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lucas isn't that good...best thing he can do is probably be low mid tier.

I think he is with Sheik/PT/Sonic area on the tier list. Though he most likely would have to be around/near Ness. =P

lol if Lucas was cheap that would be great.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You must have never played the games PF. Anyone that has, doesn't hate on Lucas.

Though, I'm working on switching to MK

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I kinda told my friend coney what to do, and he figured out the rest.

It's bad. really bad. I've been saying it for awhile though. ;_;

Actually, I'll go get him. He loves explaining stuff, for whatever reason.

Neon Ness

I'm cold.

For some reason it's cold in my house.

DDD v Lucas is like 70:30 or some **** btw
Our dorm room is always set to like 40 degrees.

70:30? GGs Lucas.

Also I like how as soon as our moderator leaves this random thread becomes more active than general discussion.

Yeee.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Uhh no. I still use Lucas

But

I'd like to use MK, for more than just he'll help me win. It's more of a regional thing.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
*looks at Neon Ness' character*

Protip: I usually don't hold conversations with people in third person.

Coney

Smash Master
greetings from the nobility you E-tier garbage

ddd/lucas is really hard; i didn't think so at first, considering lucas' combo potential, but it really, really is. i dunno if it's 70:30 hard, but certainly 60:40. i think the ddd just has to switch up his style to beat lucas...most just kinda stand there and shieldgrab and play slow, and lucas is biiig on shield pressure, so they get punished for it

but against pink i just pursue him the entire match; there's not a lot he can do. nowhere to go. if he pk fires, i'll powershield and punish. if he shnairs, i keep my shield fresh enough so i can guard the whole thing and roll through. you might be able to usmash my recovery but i won't be eating through my jumps so hastily.

i mean i know this is all theorycraft and all but, it just seems like ddd/lucas is just a big cat-and-mouse game. i'm chasing you the entire game, trying to put you in a corner from which you have very limited options.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
THE SDI. YOU FORGOT THE SDI T______T

that and pivot grabbing my approaches.. Bair beating every aerial. yaaa :/

Neon Ness

*looks at Neon Ness' character*
Hey, I just want to try him out for while. :'( That and everyone in this city uses good characters besides me.

I could never drop Lucas/Ness, though. Spent 2 years learning them and I'm kind of stuck with a name that has the word "Ness" in it. T.T

I think Galeon talked about this matchup a while ago... said something along the lines of even if Lucas gets in close against DDD... not a whole lot he can do that's safe. That grab range is a problem.

Top Bottom