• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Have The Falco Within?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
seems to me like you have a pretty solid Falco, i cant comment far beyond that cause i'm at the same point, haha.

but i really liked it and also LOVED escape for the city. Sonic Adventure ftw

opo

Smash Rookie
thanks Asakura

Lesheik....not looking for money matches thanks, i play for joy jaja XD

Does anybody play smash in SanDiego,spring valley?o_0

Miharu

Smash Hero
Meh. Most of those combos are either purely situational based on bad DI, meaning they would never work in the first place. Develop more solid combos please.

DarkGades

Smash Rookie
Meh. Most of those combos are either purely situational based on bad DI, meaning they would never work in the first place. Develop more solid combos please.
Has anyone else noticed how most of the time, Hydro Kirby comments on other people's videos just to belittle them?

I've been looking at some of his comments, and most of the time he just says:
"Meh, nothing special, you're not that great, boring, etc." and things like that, in the most arrogant way possible, not caring about the video's owner feelings whatsoever. (Immature thinking, perhaps).

In my opinion, if somebody doesn't like a video, he could say so in a less cocky way, giving the video's owner some credit for at least trying and spending some time on that video.

Or he could at least try to point out the good aspects of the video, such as the music, editing, etc., instead of focusing on the bad aspects.

This is an example of what I would like to call "constructive criticism":

Not bad. Good title.I think you guys still have a bit farther to go before making a combo video, although some clips were keepers. Video editing was pretty good.

Ok, suggestions:

Overall:

Not bad playing; very good at points. Keep in mind the details of video editing, try to make it as exciting and captivating as possible. Anyway, keep it up. I hope you take my advice and make another video later on.
By the way, I would like to see some of Hydro Kirby's videos, so I can verify his superior smash abilities, which give him the right to make such arrogant statements.

Florida

イーグランツ
Has anyone else noticed how most of the time, Hydro Kirby comments on other people's videos just to belittle them?

"Meh, nothing special, you're not that great, boring, etc." and things like that, in the most arrogant way possible, not caring about the video's owner feelings whatsoever. (Immature thinking, perhaps).

In my opinion, if somebody doesn't like a video, he could say so in a less cocky way, giving the video's owner some credit for at least trying and spending some time on that video.

Or he could at least try to point out the good aspects of the video, such as the music, editing, etc., instead of focusing on the bad aspects.

This is an example of what I would like to call "constructive criticism":

By the way, I would like to see some of Hydro Kirby's videos, so I can verify his superior smash abilities, which give him the right to make such arrogant statements.
Opo put his video up on these threads to be commented and / or critiqued. What Hydro said was their opinion. Also, the majority of people here only give the good points of the video, if the creator isn't critiqued for what they need to work on, then they'll never improve. We actually need more people like Hydro Kirby around here.

Also, I think it's ironic that you go through all of the trouble on criticizing someone else's comment, and not even comment on the video yourself. That's just stupid.

opo said:
this is my combo video falco user...and i hope u guys enjoy..please any comments or others are welcome thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKTEx6OS_p4
I liked it, personally. The video was well done in my opinion, but of course, there are some things to work on. First of all, I'm not going to comment on your Falco gameplay, I do not use Falco, thus that wouldn't really be fair.

If it's possible, it's best to get the best quality included for when recording your matches. It makes it more pleasant for the viewers, and can make things more clear in what move you performed, etc. But if it's unavoidable, then we can all understand that.

As for the songs, I loved them. Especially the City Escape theme, it fit really well with the video in my opinion. The only problem I have, is when you merged the two songs at 02:46, you should've just let the first song finish all the way, instead of having the second song fade into it.

Other than that, it was good. Oh, and the credits was also amusing to watch, the bloopers and attempts at the intro of the video, hilarious.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I give them my truthful opinion. Those combos aren't really combos in a true sense, when given proper DI. What'd really be impressive is if you could pull off combos that get that same percentage on somebody who can DI/tech. If don't like my opinions, fine, but just remember, I wasn't giving them for your benefit.

How is that cocky? I'm just horribly blunt, and honestly, it really makes no difference on the internet. True feelings never surface; or if they do, we've no way to verify their veracity. Plus, I'm in no way bragging about my skill in any way, shape, or form.

I focus on the combos. It's called a combo video for a reason, right? And if there aren't many combos in a combo video, then might as well just call it a gameplay video/montage. The TC asked for a critique, so I gave him one. It's up to each person whether they want to hand out a seemingly negative or positive critique. Honestly, it shouldn't matter too much for the following two reasons. One, criticism is criticism, and you can choose to ignore it or take heed of it. Two, it's the internet, and honestly, some people really don't give a ****. And if people's attitudes on the internet really bother you, good luck out in the real world.

Go search for "Hydrokirby" on Youtube. However, I fail how to see this is relevant. Gameplay theory/knowledge does not always translate smoothly into actual gameplay. Some of the people who are most knowledgeable about SSBM are not necessarily the best at said game. An obvious exception to this rule would be Mew2King, but he's a completely different story altogether. DarkGades, I'd like to see some of your videos as well, to see if you're justified to make this comment on my posting habits. It's only fair, isn't it?

I do realize that my posts may come off as somewhat harsh, but hey, at least you know you're getting honest criticism; nothing more, nothing less.

edit - One more thing. When I do bother to critique friendlies (matches in other words), I'll go through each match in detail, giving as much advice as I can for both sides. It's only combo vids that I tend to get annoyed with, since it's just the same stuff over and over again, none of it original or anything. Why do you think a lot of us don't make combo vids? It's due to the fact that a most of us don't have really unique playstyles or a specific facet of our gameplay that really stands out. Therefore, there's really no point in making a combo vid if it's just the same old stuff. It's better to innovate than to copy.

opo

Smash Rookie
Hydro Kirby i love critics awesome thats what i'm lookin for,straight to the point and recomendations for improvement.

am yes i improved my game style about three weeks after my combo video was published,I do play different now, I got some pillaring,waveshine and some cute kills XD

Love the comments keep the critics and recomendatios for improvement thanks.

I might have a second part to show my new style.....just be patient and I'll show my best, thanks for the comments once again really aprreciate them.

If you are tired of falco combos why are u here???

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hydro Kirby said:
I give them my truthful opinion. Those combos aren't really combos in a true sense, when given proper DI. What'd really be impressive is if you could pull off combos that get that same percentage on somebody who can DI/tech. If don't like my opinions, fine, but just remember, I wasn't giving them for your benefit.
A combo is to take advantage of someones bad DI, if it wasn't there would be set combo's in this game.

Was there good DI in those videos, No, but anyone can critique a combo video mirite?

Just sayin

As for the vid itself

Very solid beginning my friend, i'm pleasantly surprised :)

opo

Smash Rookie
thakns mate

I'm thinkin now on my second CV so helpfully it'll be better and more entertaining for those who did not liked the first one!!!very good comments thanks.

tips are welcomed too;)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Like many have said, you should work on your waveshining and you really shouldnt upsmash with falco imo, your still a decent falco, keep working at it, see you in brawl.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
just keep practicing. yes definatly learn to waveshine its better than JCing shines against fox. also try not to dash attack when theres an opprotunity to pillar.

Top Bottom