• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Do you have your Wii U already or are you planning on getting one later?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Haven't been playing my Wii U that much since I'm playing games on the computer all the time. Though, I do use the Gamepad for Youtube and TV though. Nicely convenient.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I plan to pick up 3D World and Tropical Freeze before Smash comes out.
OK, I don't feel like I have the right to argue with your decision-making anymore.

Although, you do make some valid complaints about the Gamepad...it COULD be used well, like on Nintendo Land and Zombi U, but building an entire game around a different control scheme will always be a lot riskier than just going with the HUD reallocation, especially when people these days throw the word gimmick around so freely without even thinking. Things like the Luigi's Mansion minigame on NL show what you could do with the horror genre on the Gamepad, for example.

Really, a nice, long look at Nintendo Land's minigames could give developers everything they need to build a charming experience around the Gamepad, but we all know how much developers love to just grab a game, change a line of code or two and then slap it on another console these days, especially with the cheap-shot that are Xbone and PS4's PC-like anatomy.

I'm really hopeful about Nintendo turning the tide of things with this year's E3 announcements, new Zelda (With a style that mixes Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword visually, from what I've heard) and quite a few possibilities of franchise revivals. Maybe even a new Metroid. But anyhow...I've gotten too used to the Gamepad's comfort and the way it turns usually-jarring tasks into simpler tasks :v Also, playing Pikmin 3 with the Gamepad screen and the Wiimote makes me feel like I'm actually a space explorer tracing a map :v

T

Trick or Treat

Off-TV play.

My favorite thing about the Wii U, by far.

I must say though, I am kinda surprised about the bad reputation the console is receiving. It's really not that expensive, it has cool features, regardless of how innovative they are, and it does have a bunch of fun games, with many more to come. Just need the huge games like Mario Kart and SSB4 to come out and everything will be great.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Off-TV play.

My favorite thing about the Wii U, by far.

I must say though, I am kinda surprised about the bad reputation the console is receiving. It's really not that expensive, it has cool features, regardless of how innovative they are, and it does have a bunch of fun games, with many more to come. Just need the huge games like Mario Kart and SSB4 to come out and everything will be great.
I love off tv play.

R0Y

Smash Master
Got one back at the beginning of August on clearance (Basic). Loving Nintendo in HD.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Funnily enough, my first Wii U was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, I'm seriously looking forward to that game's sequel a little more than MK8. (Doesn't mean I won't stay up late to buy MK8 on the eShop at midnight, though)

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I have mine, but I only have a few games for it.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Funnily enough, my first Wii U was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, I'm seriously looking forward to that game's sequel a little more than MK8. (Doesn't mean I won't stay up late to buy MK8 on the eShop at midnight, though)
I think the sequel will take some time to come. Is hard to get games on physical form on Venezuela? I live on Brazil and is kind of hard but administrable.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think the sequel will take some time to come. Is hard to get games on physical form on Venezuela? I live on Brazil and is kind of hard but administrable.
Prices on Venezuela go up about 20% on bad weeks, we're THAT screwed, just so you can get an idea, games used to be something close to 40$ on here two months ago, and now they're something like 120$, I cannot calculate the exact prices because our currency changes each day (Eg. It's worth less each day).

So buying digital games seems to be the only way of getting them quick, because Amazon takes ages.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I got mine last year, but Tropical Freeze was the only worthwhile purchase I made so far.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
My plan was to work this semester and buy a Wii U in time for Mario Kart 8.
I don't know if or when I'll be getting a Wii U.
I haven't been much of a gamer the past several years, and I have a 3DS XL.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't really have the right to say that I wish the Gamepad was utilized more, as almost every time I've played my Wii U so far has been without a TV and, for the most part, without Gamepad-exclusive controls.

Sonic Lost World? Wind Waker? Tropical Freeze? All on the Gamepad with normal controls, no use of the TV as a second screen. Same for Scribblenauts, NBA, Wonderful 101...etc.

As much as I'd like to see more games utilize the Gamepad in innovative ways, I can't really say anything because all I've used it for is Off-TV play because I'm lazy.

It's more for everyone else though. I want games to use the Gamepad more because that will likely help the console's cause. I was watching the E3 where the Wii U was shown off, and seeing how excited and awed people were at some of the cool features kind of upsets me because the system so far hasn't lived up to that.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I just go the Wii U only for Pikmin and Smash 4. I got Nintendo land is a blast to play in local multiplayer and the single are kinda challeging.
Super Mario Bros U was better than I expected, Was like a good 2D sidescroller mario since mario world.
Super Mario 3D World was too amazing, Soo amazing is almost beat mario galaxy but no yet but, was close. That is good.
Pikmin 3 is really amazing too, Great story telling, the new character are Charming, Man I love pikmin too much and the local play still goods as ever!!
Monster Hunter 3 ultimate I spend like 500+ hours in this game I have no comment is very good...Soo Good...
I think I gonna get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze the music and the challenge smell great to my eyes.
Smash 4 I need in my life, like NOW!!!

And a Wii U pro controller still a need.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My favorite Wii U games, in order:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Wii Fit U

I cannot wait for Mario Kart 8 and SSB4 to come out... I have been hyping over these to my boyfriend... I influenced him into hyping over the games too. :p

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
My favorite Wii U games, in order:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Wii Fit U

I cannot wait for Mario Kart 8 and SSB4 to come out... I have been hyping over these to my boyfriend... I influenced him into hyping over the games too. :p
Let the hype spread! The only good contagious thing you can give to a boyfriend/girlfriend is hype! (Unfortunately my ex played Sony...she had a Vita, WHO HAS A VITA!?)

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Let the hype spread! The only good contagious thing you can give to a boyfriend/girlfriend is hype! (Unfortunately my ex played Sony...she had a Vita, WHO HAS A VITA!?)
I want a vita to play metal gear hd collection, playstation all star battle and others.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I have a Vita but I own no games for it. Shame too, since as a platform itself I much prefer it to the 3DS. It simply has no support, though. Luckily, I got it for free so I'm not too bummed about it.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Prices on Venezuela go up about 20% on bad weeks, we're THAT screwed, just so you can get an idea, games used to be something close to 40$ on here two months ago, and now they're something like 120$, I cannot calculate the exact prices because our currency changes each day (Eg. It's worth less each day).

So buying digital games seems to be the only way of getting them quick, because Amazon takes ages.

Welcome to New Zealand, we've been like that for 20 ****ing years!

At least you got the US on your front yard to smuggles them in, I have to order from the UK to get a fair price and not be region locked ;/

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Maybe I will get one. I heard Intelligent Systems is working on an unannounced WiiU title. If the Advance Wars VC is all that really was, then I'll pass. If there is actually a new Paper Mario or Puzzle League game in development, then I will run out and buy a WiiU immediately.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
My purchase of a Wii U will depend almost entirely on Smash 4's roster. If not, I'm likely going to buy it towards the end of it's life cycle.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Maybe I will get one. I heard Intelligent Systems is working on an unannounced WiiU title. If the Advance Wars VC is all that really was, then I'll pass. If there is actually a new Paper Mario or Puzzle League game in development, then I will run out and buy a WiiU immediately.
Well there is Fire Emblem VS Shin Megami Tensei and Game Wario from Intelligent Systems, you´r saying another one besides this two that I am not aware?

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I got my Wii U at launch.. In hindsight I probably should have bought it a little bit later, but oh well.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
I'll get one when Mario kart comes out, that game just looks way too amazing to not consider buying.
(Unless Nintedno announces some special Wii U Smash bundle at the upcoming Nintendo Direct, then I might just consider waiting for that)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'll get one when Mario kart comes out, that game just looks way too amazing to not consider buying.
(Unless Nintedno announces some special Wii U Smash bundle at the upcoming Nintendo Direct, then I might just consider waiting for that)
The very small chance of this happening is the key reason why I'm holding out until then. I was planning on waiting until E3, but with the announcement of the Smash Direct, I can judge my purchase based upon the info given there instead (including the possible confirmation of some sort of Smash bundle). I was actually planning on buying a Wii U this weekend. If it hadn't been for the announcement of the Direct on Friday, I'd probably have one right now.

Mario Kart is another enticing factor. Wouldn't mind a MK8 bundle, either (*fingers crossed*). If we don't get a bundle with either game, I'll probably just get the system discounted. I don't really care for any of the games included in bundles at the moment, aside from NSMBU, which I've already played the majority of.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I got my Wii U at launch, but it just died on me this afternoon. :(
I have to send it in for repairs--and right before the Nintendo Direct, too! Wouldn't it be my luck that after the Direct, a demo is announced for the eShop...

Last edited:
Top Bottom