• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you prefer light or heavy characters?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I'm somewhat better with heavy than light characters. Most of what I need is attack power, because I can make short work of my opponents. With light characters like Purin, it takes far too long to score the KO.

Scott!

Smash Lord
It seems I prefer lighter characters. Not Jigglypuff light, though she is fun, but I play Marth, Zelda, Peach, and Fox the most. All of them are pretty light, but I have pretty different styles for each of them, so I think it's more just coincidence that I enjoy them than a specific preference for lighter characters. I do dislike slow characters, though, and speed does go with lightness pretty often. Zelda's not very fast at all, but the others are.

day-day

Smash Ace

I think it's all that junk in the truck (and by junk I mean her weapons. Obviously :p).
She also ways more than Zelda, Sheik and Marth, the only other characters that aren't very small.

Off-topic:
I love your avatar and sig. A lot! <3
Lol you got me there at first about the junk in the trunk joke :laugh:
I understand Zelda/Sheik but didn't see her weighing more then marth though.
Off-topic:
Lol thanks, I'm a big fan of E,E' 'n E. I think I've spread my Edism's in the pool room cause a few folks have been posting stuff about the show as well. I'm such a Ed-boy
:laugh:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I prefer heavies. Light characters are too weak for me and die too easily, though exceptions are Falco, G&W and Marth. I like more power over speed. I suck with weak characters and I like to live into ridiculous percentages that's why prefer heavies.

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
G&W is my favorite light weight, but he dies to quick 4 me, so I usually pick DK instead because he is a fast heavy weight.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
G&W is my favorite light weight, but he dies to quick 4 me, so I usually pick DK instead because he is a fast heavy weight.
Learn to Bucket Brake and DI with G&W and he is no longer easy to KO, especially when knocked from far.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I main Jigglypuff, who is the lightest character in the game.

Yes I liek dem. I liek dem very much :).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Heavy is always a good thing.

The difference is how fast they fall and how overall slow they are.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I primarily use light/mid-light characters (with the exception of Snake). It's not really a preference, just most of the characters that fit my playing style happen to be on the lighter side. It's weird, I noticed most of my friends use heavy characters. :ohwell:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I like how people make the generalization that lightweight = fast attacks/combos. Zelda is one of the lightest ppl in the game and defidently does not fit that style. Just a thought.

Anyway, I guess I prefer lightweights since I main Zelda/Sheik, who is very lightweight, and Pit who is at the lower part of mid-weight.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Oh, heavyweights are all I need. They survive for ages, most hit hard, and some of their recoveries aren't too shabby, like King Dedede's. There are only four heavies I don't main - Samus, Yoshi, Wario and R.O.B.. Oddly, all of them are very floaty.

Ganondorf is my favourite heavyweight due to his lack of multi-hitting moves.

Supamahn

Smash Rookie
Light for sure. I prefer speed over power and Heavies feel like I'm fighting using a cow. Just too slow.

StarChaserNX

Smash Cadet
I like my characters to be light and speedy. Better to be actually able to hit the target and better to dodge damage than to take it.

Although I have been known to use an occasionally heavy for fun, such as Link or Ike.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
DK actually moves fast. For those who like weight, range and power but also mobility, chose him. Snake is a slow moving character. Why do people who prefer mobile characters choose Snake but not DK?

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
Although I tend to play lighter characters, I have no problem with weight differences or even speed differences, sometimes. For me, it's the size of the character that gets me: I can't get used to being 3 times larger than I usually am, so I end up as a magnificent punching bag when I'm Dedede, DK, Bowser, etc. :D

Y05H!

Smash Cadet
I really don't have a 'weight' preference, more of a character pref. Yosh is my main, secondary is Pika and 3rd would be D3. Whichever i feel like playing at the time.

Chibilicious

Smash Cadet
i prefer mid to light cuz im used to making combos high in the air, and heavyweights don't get the job done.
i also hate how it feels when ur gettin *****.

it fells like it shouldnt take so long.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
I tend to favor the heavier guys, although I don't really like the fat and heavy guys, AKA Dedede, DK, etc.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Heavyweights aren't worse than lightweights at all. Snake, Wario and Dedede are all in the S tier. If you people get comboed, you don't Air Dodge. Almost all combos are escapable in Brawl. The problem is not getting comboed, it's being a big target and being chaingrabbable. But you have range, power and KO resistance as advantage of being heavy.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Most of my mains and secondaries are light, so I guess that means I like lighter characters. Probably because they (for the most part) have better mobility.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Most of my mains and secondaries are light, so I guess that means I like lighter characters. Probably because they (for the most part) have better mobility.
If you play Peach, she has much worse mobility than DK, a superheavyweight.

Top Bottom