• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you remember the first time you lost in SSB?

BigWizzle04

Smash Rookie
I rented the game, and played it for one day. Te next day I went to bust buy, and ssb 64 was hooked up for people to play. This kid was beating everyone in line. He took me out like it was nothing. It hurt, real bad.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I can proudly say I won my first ever SSB match against Link. ^_^
But anyway, my first loss was when I went up against my dad. He's actually very good. I told him that you could taunt. He tried it out. Then he said we should do it at the same time. I thought it was alright. I taunted and he tricked me. He Falcon Punched me. Owned. So... he didn't really earn the win, but it was hilarious. Lol

xcosmicxglitchx

Smash Rookie
I was playing against my brother, who is good at like every game he plays
I was doing better on the pokemon level as Yoshi but he was really good with ness and then i charged after him to get the final hit/ KO when he tricked me with ness when he hits himself up and out of the way of death and i went right off the edge....xP

Zodiac

Smash Master
Lol I remember the first time I lost big, it was on kalliera, I got maybe once percent on my opponent during a five stock match(I believe) I told of my adventures here and of the user name of the one that pwned me, only to find out that user was isai. :p.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You guys can remember your first loss?

This was almost 10 years ago, how the hell am I supposed to remember that >_>

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I dont remember my first loss it was like so long ago... I lose all the time in 64 smash when I play skilled people, its not a bad thing really you learn stuff from playing people better than you.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
My first loss...hmmm...it was when my friend was samus, and he spiked me twice...this was very early after release and i though it was hax....i also thought that computers had an unfair advantage..being able to move right after Dairing with Link...those where the days

chili

Smash Cadet
The first time I lost was the first time I ever played. My friend got the game before me and brought it over. I went Pikachu and my friend went Link. He crushed me.

infernovia

Smash Ace
The first match I played. I didn't even know how to jump, everybody expected to know it because I beat them in everything else. -_-

I lose all the time in the internets. =/ I lost to the ***gottron when he was just dash dancing -> short hop falcon punch for the last half of the match, I lost to ybomb (I think thats how you say it) pretty badly. =/ Oh and there was this kid that kept on using the vacuum with kirby on the edge that I could not get through as falcon, and refused to battle me after that.

xhappygalx

Smash Rookie
yea me as well, first time i played it was at my neighbours house as well, played 4 player with time limit instead of stocks and didnt even know how to win or what was goin on. lol:p

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
yes.. my first time on kailera i thought i was good because i always used to beat the computer. i was against kuromatsu and he absolutely annihilated me. 5 stock match and i think i hit him once. i was getting comboed left right and center and couldnt do anything and i was like omg wtf

Top Bottom