• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think an official petition to improve Super Smash Bros. Brawl's online would b

D

Deleted member

Link to original post: [drupal=3145]Do you think an official petition to improve Super Smash Bros. Brawl's online would be an good idea?[/drupal]

Hot on heel of the very successful Has Nintendo Negelected It's Core Audience blog, I have decided that with our massive community, maybe we can improve the games online. For those who contributed to that blog mentioned above, thank you very much.

Let's face it. Most petitions don't work. They are either poorly planned, on an unpopular subject that nobody cares about, or something that isn't well-supported. They can even be a combination of all three.

However, there have been exceptions to this rule (The numerous petitions for Family Guy and Furturama being brought back to TV is an successful example of an exception) and it can happen.

Yesterday, I was making some posts in the Online section when I came across this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158693

As you can see, Mytummyhertz is ranting on how poorly executed Super Smash Bros. Brawl's online is and I agree to that statement to the fullest extend. At the last paragraph, he asked what we can do about that. He gave out numerous suggestions, including mass e-mailing, continuously calling the complaints/comments numbers, and the one that I have the best ideas for, petitions.

I made a post on his blog regarding my idea. Go to page thirty and read one of my post there regarding my idea.

However, this is where I'll give out my ideas. This is what I'm thinking we need to do to get Nintendo to listen to us:

- Set up an online petitions somewhere like GoPetition or in this site if possible.
- Promote this petition throughout the Internet.
- Set up a minimum goal of signitures in that petition (I'm thinking 150,000).
- When making the petition, we'll list our grievances regarding the online in the game here and explain how much we dislike the online.
- Encourage other ways to help us succeed at this goal.
- Get someone with enough time to get all the signitures in one book containing signtures or other ways if there is an cheaper way.
- Convince members from other sites to sign this petition.
- Once we reach minimum limits, we we attempt to get all the signitures in and send it to Nintendo, demanding an response.

Those are just my ideas. While this isn't guaranteen as there is a chance that you people will still for the most part disagree with this statement, if the majority of people were to say yes on the situation, we will go along with the petition.

Think about it, we have more members then what we need at minimum. We are an extremely popular site well respected by most people. Heck, we're even the largest community of the Super Smash Bros. series. Just imagine how many signitures we would get if we can convince other sites to join us.

Of course I can't do this alone. I don't have the time to sit around all day and collect signitures. We're going to need all of us to suceed in this possible petition. If we can finally get an better online service for the game as we dream of, then it proves that all our hard work has paid off.

What do you think of this?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They won't, it's not cost effective.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Lag is inevitable for online games. For a fighter like Brawl, however, any lag at all is very noticeable. To reduce wifi lag enough to being relatively unnoticeable would be incredibly difficult and expensive: many players are able to even notice HDTV lag...

I don't know how Ninty could ever reduce wifi lag enough to make it a viable alternative to offline play. If anyone can think of a cost-effective method for Ninty to cut down wifi lag, it would be incredibly helpful to send that with a petition.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I chuckled a bit.

And no, internet petitions are dumb and never do anything. Nintendo won't/can't (?) patch the online.
Pretty much this.

Like REL38 said, Brawl doesn't take DLC and Sakurai already said they weren't going to do any DLC.

They also aren't going to try and work hard to patch a game that's nearly 2 years old now. And uh...let's be perfectly honest, unless they give dedicated servers or something to Brawl, it's not going to be able to improve much, and there's no way in hell they're going to spend money giving better online for such an old game without at least another $50 from everyone.

Beaver Horse

Smash Rookie
You alreadlly bought brlaw why should they do anything esle?
Yeah, I agree. Why would Nintendo make it better if they won't make any money off it? It would just be a bad decision from a business perspective.

They wouldn't listen to an internet petition. It's kind of like Facebook groups with names like PETITION FOR DISLIKE BUTTON - INVITE UR FRIENDS!!!!! Facebook ignores good ideas like that because it would not help business. I can't imagine many people would stop using Facebook because there is no "dislike" button, and at this point, not enough people would buy Brawl for improved online play to make it worth the change.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
... I remember reading somewhere that the Wii can't patch things....
Isn't online lag more about server dedication and not the game itself?

That might not be the topic though. The only thing I bothered to notice was Wii owners trolling Nintendo fans.

D

Deleted member

Isn't online lag more about server dedication and not the game itself?
That is true but there are some exceptions where Nintendo Wi-Fi games have not lagged. Examples include Mario Kart Wii, Tetris Party, and Excitebots: Trick Racing.

Since everyone agreed that my idea is stupid, we might as well call it a day and get this thread locked.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
the idea is not stupid. its a great idea. but like everyone else is saying, theres no way nintendo would do this. why would they fix up a game if they would make no profit off of it? the only think i can think of is if they actually do improve it but then you have to buy like a brawl patch for 30 bucks.

cutter

Smash Champion
That is true but there are some exceptions where Nintendo Wi-Fi games have not lagged. Examples include Mario Kart Wii, Tetris Party, and Excitebots: Trick Racing.
There is still lag in those games. You can never *not* have lag (god I hate English and double negatives) in a game because the speed at which information travels across the internet is obviously not instantaneous.

Fighting games in general put more of an emphasis on button and frame input timing, compared to other games.

Top Bottom