• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Sakurai is good at Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
How good do you think Sakurai is at Brawl? Do you think he even plays Brawl?

I think he is probably good for a casual player, but could never beat a decent opponent because he refuses to learn any sort of techniques or strategy. I'd also assume that all he likes to do is an All-items-on-High Free-for-All or Team Battle. It would be interesting to see what characters he uses though. Probably Kirby:laugh:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sakurai would refuse to play with no items on.

And he would only play timed matches.

And he would laugh when he trips.

I'll pass.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
He plays as one of the Kirby characters and plays 2 minute matches with items on. Because thats what the game's default is.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
... He prolly sucks...

Sucks.. Alot

I can see him now :Ooooh Meeee soo Good with Meta Knight Ooooo Mee soooo Goooood

Considering he made kirby...its so non iron how metaknight is top tier ..(sarcastic)

Or he puts maximum tomatoes...dragoon pieces and warp stars all on high and everything else off

He couldn't stand a chance with a player with good technique

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Probably Kirby, he created Kirby, so he probably play as Kirby... and he'll play with his friends; he can either play Time, Stock, or Coins and items are either on or off... and then others are default.

Does Sakurai even play Brawl as of now? Or not? @_@; Or is he developing another game?

Baloo

Smash Ace
He probably uses Dedede. He did voice him.

I would never play against him.

Sakurai would throw a bob-omb at me and then yell "You must recover!!!"

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I would imagine he's sick and tired of spending so much time on the game. If he played though, I would bet he uses Kirby, Dedede, or MetaKnight.

But really, I wonder if development teams (NOT just Sakurai) play the game and enjoy it after release, or would it just not be exciting to play a game you helped create/created?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I would imagine he's sick and tired of spending so much time on the game. If he played though, I would bet he uses Kirby, Dedede, or MetaKnight.

But really, I wonder if development teams (NOT just Sakurai) play the game and enjoy it after release, or would it just not be exciting to play a game you helped create/created?
I've read that developers actually have fun playing/testing out their new game during the development process. It sounds like a lot of fun to be playing a game that's not released yet.

The developers probably played so much during development that they got tired of it after release.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: *Sniped. :(

If Sakurai really is good at Snake in Japan, he probably won't be very good in America, since our metagame is more advanced IMO.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Thats interesting. It could be like reading a story you wrote--it feels like you are listening to yourself sing a song very badly.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I saw him at a Japanese tourney. He place well, 13th out of 38th. He actually mains Snake and seconds Falco.

I asked him about the multiple problems in Brawl
He said ''I would love to patch things up, but unfortunately, we don't have the measures to do so.''

He doesn't play Brawl much though.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I like that story analogy, the development team could look back and see how stupid one part is, or things they could of added/taken out, just like a story.

Now that I think more, someone that helped to make the game would get the urge to play the game, but while they would play they would notice stuff that they don't like, and just stop playng. Plus, since it was intended to be a party game, they might play it to celebrate something and reflect on the good times of the project. Not that I know if it's any fun making a game with a bunch of people.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they were going to rev up the Wii while keeping it low priced and the basics of 'Wiimote' and 3d motion and stuff intact.

Would only go out in 2011 tho.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

VietGeek

Smash Hero
He is his own teams partner. That's how good he is.

Props to those who remembered what this references to.

kr3wman

Smash Master
If you really need to ask, you don't understand. ._.
His statement didn't really give me a feel of a Melee elitist ; He was basing Sakurai because he made the game thinking about casuals, he wasn't bashing Brawl because he thought it sucked competitively

IxxI

Smash Fence
He's probably that kind of guy that has a group of friends who know nothing about AT's and the competitive scene. And in that group of friends he's usually the one winning.

Oh and everytime he trips he claps.

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice

If I were on the development team for brawl (ie i had the knowledge and ability to change the game in a serious way), i wouldn't still be playing the game we know as brawl, I would be a few dozen characters/stages/physics past that.
And there are probably players that have spent way more time playing brawl than the development team did. I would imagine it just depends whether they enjoy the game or not. Just from personal experience, as long as it isn't always the same (ie it has multiplayer) then I can still have a fairly fun time playing my own games. But my games definitely aren't the same as brawl, so I don't really know.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Everyone is a winner! :)
This is why I would hate playing against him, whether he's decent or sucks.
I have no doubts that I would trip right into his fully charged f-smash then get blown to bits by his BOM-OMBS O_O

I highly doubt he plays it though, he's a very busy man. C'mon, this is Sakurai we're talking about here! (if I hear otherwise, I will shriek)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom