• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use the C-stick?

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
I loved the ability to c-smash in melee, but just one question, is there an alternative for the Wiimote+Chuck or should I switch back to GC controllers?

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Why would anyone not want to use the c-stick O_o? I guess some people have their preferences, but the c-stick is really useful and everyone should really take advantage of it. Just imagine Melee or Brawl w/o the c-stick.

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
Why would anyone not want to use the c-stick O_o? I guess some people have their preferences, but the c-stick is really useful and everyone should really take advantage of it. Just imagine Melee or Brawl w/o the c-stick.

...ugh.....I dont think i could do that... >_<

That's why i dont think I could ever play with the CC or Wiimote-Nunchuk combo.
No c-stick = :( for me.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
My buddy is screwed now, then, because I only have one GC controller and he just got shafted out of it!!

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I loved the ability to c-smash in melee, but just one question, is there an alternative for the Wiimote+Chuck?
Yes, one of the most stupidest things to look at while playing Brawl, the Shake Smash!

C-stick is not a noob thing, i just find it easier to do tilts that way, smashes and aerials alike.
Definatly not. I use both C-stick and B-stick, depending on which character I use. C-sticking is great when you want to dash cancel and perform an up-smash.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Thanks, though I just saw that a minute ago when I remembered that you could shake smash, I tried to use it for an aerial and it worked! Thanks anyway though, but I think I'll stick with the ability to not have to take your fingers off the a and b buttons and to have them. . .not pushed together at all times, thank you.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone who thinks that spamming smash moves is cheap is obviously bad at Smash.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
I don't use a GC controller but i use the D-Pad to do smashes and aerials with the Wiimote+Nunchuk.

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
I don't find it cheap, espiacially when it makes for an easy 3 stock, I just find it very annoying and it gets downright after awhile.

Plus, some moves are just plain evil (Pikachu's Dsmash >_____>)
Eh, it's not too bad... Spamming smash attacks doesnt even actually gain you anything, and if anything, it puts you at a disadvantage because of move decay.
People who spam their smashes too much will actually only end up making them weaker and less likely to kill.

It's just annoying sometimes to hear "GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!" ... -_- **** Sonic.

:laugh:

Also, Pika's D smash isnt too evil. It's actually escapable like 90% of the time or so if you just DI up while he's performing it. =p

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I loved the ability to c-smash in melee, but just one question, is there an alternative for the Wiimote+Chuck or should I switch back to GC controllers?
Yes, one of the most stupidest things to look at while playing Brawl, the Shake Smash!

Actually there is a MUCH Better way than that stupid shake smash!!!

Switch The D-pad on the Wiimote to the Smash Attacks, and BOOM! Instant C-Stick (But I guess you would call it D-sticking or something).

I use the Wiimote/Nunchuck for some of my characters, and found that just switching the D-pad to the Smashes is a lot better. B+A Counts as a grab move, so you can easily switch out the D-pad to something a LOT more effective.

Edit: As for choosing which Controller, it depends on what is comfortable. I use both the Wiimote/Nunchuck and the GC Controller, and don't find any problems switching from one to the other.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I only c stick for a running f smash. IMO there's no other point other than that (unless u b stick with it.)
Well my game revolves alot around tilts, so like i said i use it for tilts, boost smashing, aerials.. and again like i said literally everything. But everyone has their preferences but mine, to me, are very satisfying.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
I use my C-Stick to DI and occasionally to do a smash. I also have a separate name so I can B-Stick for certain characters.

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice
You're a noob if you don't utilize all the options available to you and play the game according to the style you want and are most comfortable with. Do what you want, no ones stopping you.

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Meh, I don't really use the C-stick. Not because I think it's noobish or anything, I just feel more comfortable using the regular smash combination. If I ever use the C-stick, I use it for aerials.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
i always use the c stick. its even good for non fast falled dairs in melee. i dont think you can do that in brawl. although im not exactly sure i dont play brawl that often.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Someone mentioned earlier that you don't trip when using the C-stick. That's probly the best reason to use the C-stick right there...

And it helps alot with controlling your aerial game. If eliminating mistakes in your gameplay makes you a noob, that person needs to rethink his life a little lol.

That's like somekind of reverse psychology... "By making myself faster and giving myself better control, I'm becoming ********...

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Uhh, the C-stick. Back in the old Melee days a friend and I used to play without any ATs or anything because we simply didn't know about them. Then one day we discovered C-stick smashing. And he spammed it like hell. And I first thought it was noob, too, but then I changed my mind. How could something that makes you better be bad? That was when I started to research aboout Melee, about ATs, and the whole competetive scene I hadn't heard of ever before.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I've never used the C-Stick; only because I felt it very awkward to use. I had no idea that it could be used for aerials as well as you guys are noting. I'm going to definitely try my hardest to work on my Csticking for aerial moves, but I think I will always stick to the A button for my smash/tilt uses.

But yeah, I've heard that pros use the Cstick, and now it makes sense why.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually using the c-stick more often then in Melee. I mostly use it for snakedashing and dair for Wolf so I don't FF.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I used to only use the analog stick + A because somebody told me c stick was noob. I was young, and the last thing I wanted to do was become a noob at smash.

However, after getting older, I learned about meteor smashes and the such, and discovered the deep metagame behind smash. So i began using the cstick for nonFF dairs, which eventually casued me to do use cstick for nearly all my aerials. So in some sense, not using the c-stick makes you more noob.

Xaile

Smash Cadet
Yeah i use the c-stick. Diddy mainers need c-sticks to throw their bananas.
Playing Diddy Kong as well, I primarily use the C-Stick for Banana throws, aerials, and D-Smashes.

For some reasons unbeknownst to me, I always Up-Smash with the Control Stick + A. Force of habit, I suppose. F-Smash is about 50/50 depending on whether I want it out instantly or want the capacity to charge it (I know you can charge smashes with Z + C-Stick, but I have a hard time programming myself to do that). C-Stick is amazing for aerials, though. :)

I just use normal GCN control scheme except with tap-jump off (since I botch Up-Tilts if I have it on).

Hagar

Smash Cadet
I don't use the C-stick at all. It just feels weird for me, and I can do what it's meant for just as well with the A button.

But I think a lot of it is the fact that I jump using the X button, and the A button is easier to reach which means faster aerials.

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
I don't use the C-stick at all. It just feels weird for me, and I can do what it's meant for just as well with the A button.

But I think a lot of it is the fact that I jump using the X button, and the A button is easier to reach which means faster aerials.
I jump using the X button too actually.
I guess it's probably because I have been playing with the c-stick for so long, ever since I found out it was usable in Melee.

The thing is though, the c-stick really is super useful for aerials, which is the main reason why i use it.
It is nice for doing an U-smash out of a dash as well.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I had a friend who got mad that I used the C stick. He claimed that my timing was superhuman, so obviously the C stick was cheap. In addition he refuses to use Toon Link's aerials because they are cheap, and yet never had a problem with Melee Link's SPin attack(easily as cheap(IE smart) as Toon Links aerials). Ie yay Hypocrisy.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I use the C-Stick for running Up-Smashs, faster dash attacks, better aerial consistancy, jab into smash attacks, and many other things.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
I had a friend who got mad that I used the C stick. He claimed that my timing was superhuman, so obviously the C stick was cheap. In addition he refuses to use Toon Link's aerials because they are cheap, and yet never had a problem with Melee Link's SPin attack(easily as cheap(IE smart) as Toon Links aerials). Ie yay Hypocrisy.
your friend sounds like he doesnt know how to play smash. what kind of player neglect a whole characters aerial moveset because it is cheap. plus toon links aerials arent cheap at all.

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
Lol your friend refuses to use Toon's aerials because he thinks they're cheap? :laugh:

That's a little silly, dont you think?
He's basically holding himself back from becoming a better player at that point.
Toon's aerials are some of his best moves. Especially his B-air. =p

Top Bottom