• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use the default button layout?

JakobFe

Smash Cadet
I have no need to change it; the default config is good enough for me.

However, is there a better config out there?

kr3wman

Smash Master
I turn tap jump off and that´s it. I feel uncomfortable using anything else.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I change the C-Stick from Smash to Tilt and I probably will turn off the autojump, too.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
No tap jump, and X as shield.

It's useful for shieldgrabbing, although I still use R way more out of habit. :/

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I use the default. I find SHing with the control stick easy to use

Arcade

Smash Ace
I find it's easier to grab with X. I also have tap jump off. For Pikachu I use B-sticking for QACing.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Usually I use tap jump off, but lately I'm not sure. On one hand, Utilts and DACUS are a lot easier with tap jump off. On the other hand, you can Up+B or Usmash out of shield with tap jump on. I could do both depending on the character but it'll be weird getting used to both.

Ange

Smash Lord
I havnt changed a thing, however its annoying if you accidently do a tap jump instead of a Usmash/Utilt, so I maybe will turn that off someday, Im not sure.

Am I the only one who jumps with X? By that I mean on the GC controller.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I havnt changed a thing, however its annoying if you accidently do a tap jump instead of a Usmash/Utilt, so I maybe will turn that off someday, Im not sure.

Am I the only one who jumps with X? By that I mean on the GC controller.
I have a friend who jumps with x but i just think its too linear a control pattern (B - A - X)
I think Y is much easier to jump with, not sure why, guess everyone has their own stlye.
I like tap jump off cos i hardly ever use cstick for upair out of habit, plus, i dont wanna make any mistake with olimar's second jump or ur dead lol

JCav

Smash Lord
i once heard

"every time you turn tap jump off, a baby dies"

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tap jump off, right trigger into attack.

It helps with DACUS and luckily enough makes that crazy spin walk thing easier to do into a ftilt.

Ange

Smash Lord
I have a friend who jumps with x but i just think its too linear a control pattern (B - A - X)
I think Y is much easier to jump with, not sure why, guess everyone has their own stlye.
Heh yeah, somehow Ive always found it way easier (always jumped with X in Melee) so I guess Im just used to it. xD I found it easier to accidently press the A button if ye use the Y button to jump, but thats just me.

Anyway I think I should go turn tap jump off too just for the sake of it. :laugh:

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I turn tap jump off, set grabs to Y, attack to z, jump to L, and I use the T-Stick setup.

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
I use the default setting. I used to turn tap jump off but then when i heard of Dolphin slash out of shield and turned it right back on.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Tap Jump Off
X as Grab
L as Attack

DACUS is easier for me and plus that new spinning movement thing becomes easy as well. X as Grab for Samus' Zair

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Tap Jump off
Z to Smash (For better DACs, i hated it to grab while wanted to DAC o_o, which i didnt use anymore somehow...)
New grab Bottom: Y

~rh

Smash Lord
yes. I've been using the default button layout since SSB 64.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yep- the only time I took tap jump off was for the first level with Link and Yoshi in SSE, because it was a pain to climb the ladders. I don't use tap jump, but I got used to it being on.

I also tried shake smash once for the lulz.

Ange

Smash Lord
Yep- the only time I took tap jump off was for the first level with Link and Yoshi in SSE, because it was a pain to climb the ladders. I don't use tap jump, but I got used to it being on.

I also tried shake smash once for the lulz.
How is it to use shake smash actually? I belive it would be like.. an extreme pain.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How is it to use shake smash actually? I belive it would be like.. an extreme pain.
That describes shake smash :laugh:.

It isn't accurate, and can be too sensitive at times. You could only do a side smash reliably, and I'm not sure if you could charge it.
It feels lie it was shoved in at the last minute, but it could have been a decent alternative to the c-stick if they actually made sure when you moved it down you wouldn't smash to the side.
I wouldn't try it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tap jump off is for *****s
Default ftw.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I use the default scheme for every character : /

I don't wanna get lazy for when I play Melee and I don't have the luxury of turning off tap jump.

Top Bottom