• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you want Geno in Party Castle: Dragon Quest & Super Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Also known as Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest-Super Mario (Itadaki Street: DS) and released in 2007 in Japan, this game has not been officially announced for North America yet. However, it is currently being localized to complement the release of Dragon Quest IX. It is part of the initiative that Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, wants the Dragon Quest series to do well in the West. The only way for that to work is if they use Party Castle: DS as a "gateway" to the Dragon Quest franchise. Mario sells, right?

Anyway, I have been told, "secretly" by a SQUARE-ENIX representative, that if at least 10,000 callers call 1-(310)-846-0345 and tell a SQUARE-ENIX representative that they want Geno in Party Castle: Dragon Quest & Super Mario, they will look into it. There is currently only one Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars reused element in the game, which is the Mushroom Kingdom BGM (which you can listen to on the official Itadaki Street: DS website; it is the third BGM). SQUARE-ENIX owns most of the elements used in Super Mario RPG, so reusing them for Itadaki Street: DS isn't a problem for them. They did develop and publish Itadaki Street: DS in Japan afterall.

When you call SQUARE-ENIX, you will more than likely be met with arrogance by the representative that you speak to. Some will even say stuff like "How do you know this? The game has not been announced for North America yet!" Believe me, it is coming out. Spread this information throughout the internet to video game forums like GameFAQs, GameSpot, IGN, 1Up, etcetera. We want this to be well-known because reaching 10,000 isn't an easy task.

To help with what you should say to the SQUARE-ENIX representative, I have created a "mission statement" for us. Written petitions on the internet do not work. Actually taking your time to talk to someone in person helps make things go through.

The mission statement:

"Hi, my name is ____ and I would like to see Geno make a return by being a playable character in Party Castle: Dragon Quest-Super Mario. Fans have been clamoring for Geno to make a return since the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. We were heavily disappointed to find out that he was not included in the final roster of that game. We were also disappointed to find out that Geno was not included in Itadaki Street: DS and it was also unfair to tease us with Geno's appearance in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga for the Game Boy Advance. He is a SQUARE-ENIX property, so it wouldn't be a problem to include him in the North American release of Itadaki Street: DS. Hopefully you will understand how the fans feel and I thank you for your time."

You will use this as a basis of what you are going to say to the representative. Fix the statement up to your liking and please remember to be nice to the representative that you speak to, regardless of their arrogance. Remember, this isn't a 1-800 number.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
OBJECTION! There is a flaw in your previous statement. You said that you were "secretly" told by a Square-Enix employee. But wouldn't that imply that you were not supposed to tell us about it? That he didn't want you to tell us? If thats the case, then why did he bother telling you? Why is something that needed enough publicity to be heard by 10,000 people being kept secret? Also, why would they add a character like Geno for the American release and not the Japanese release?

Is this a joke?
Are you a professional troll?
Do you live under a bridge and hand out business cards? (props for whoever gets that reference)

UberMario

Smash Master
Proof [of the "secret" statement] please, since I DON'T KNOW YOU (literally, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom