• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do your best in the waiting room

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
I know this might sound weird, but I think I've found something interesting.Whenever I do nothing in the training room, I end up getting bunched up with seriously weak players.But one day,I was playing as Meta Knight cuz he's my best char,and I was MERCILESS on that sandbag.I did insane damage and even chased it off the stage.And when I FINALLY got grouped up, the guys I fought were freakin' TOUGH!

Basically, I think that if you do your best in the waiting room, you'll get grouped up with people on your skill level.And I mean spot dodging,sheild rolling,the works.Just act like you're fighting a real enemy.What do you guys think?

kpxmanifesto

Smash Rookie
i wish that were true.

one day i was beating on the sandbag like no other and got into a taunt party.

:)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think thats stupid. =)

But no seriously, thats pretty dumb.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I just like to see how long I can juggle the bag without sending it over the edge and without using the same move over and over. I even retrieve the bag from over the edge when it flies away.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
It would be Cool if you could brawl on the waiting stage...and also Some stages from the Adventure Mission

RNDM!

Smash Cadet
That would be cool, except it would be very unpractical considering how long
it would take to make, when they could be fixing other stuff

PD4FR

Smash Ace
That, if it was true, would be a bad idea, because most people don't want to fight a sandbag every time they want a decent match.

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i think that's just a coincidence. sorry pal.

I do like to wail on the sandbag though, cause i like the sound of beating that thing senseless.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea, but come on, it's extremely unlikely a skill system was secretly implemented in the game.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I know this might sound weird...

Basically, I think that if you do your best in the waiting room, you'll get grouped up with people on your skill level.
Yeah, it DID sound wierd. This is plain ridiculous, I mean seriously, why would a feauture like that be put into the game?

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I think it's just a coincidence. Every time I'm on the practice stage I combo the hell out of the sandbag to stay warmed up, and I get a range of opponents from taunt parties to getting pounded into the dust. Hard to imagine that the server would have an internal "talent evaluator" after they intentionally left out leader boards for online play.

Moosetracks

Smash Cadet
Even if this were true, the people you go up against might also be really good but they just leave their character there doing nothing just like you do. It kind of defeats the purpose in that case, doesn't it....

Sx3StoNeSkY

Smash Rookie
makes sense to me
you could still get a tough opponent if they didnt do anything in the waiting room and neither did you

but if two people were smashin the **** out of the bag in the waiting room then maybe they could get matched up more likely than one person standing still and the other smashin the bag.

Top Bottom