• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
My friend, Kason Birdman, was playing with Doc a couple days ago and said he found that he had a legit taunt cancel just by running off the ledge like in smash 64. He then later showed me and he was right. Just wondering, has this already been discovered? I couldn't find anything else on it. No videos, nothing. It would be pretty awesome if he discovered something new :D

VGmasta

Smash Lord
My friend, Kason Birdman, was playing with Doc a couple days ago and said he found that he had a legit taunt cancel just by running off the ledge like in smash 64. He then later showed me and he was right. Just wondering, has this already been discovered? I couldn't find anything else on it. No videos, nothing. It would be pretty awesome if he discovered something new :D
Yeah, the taunt cancel is really old.

Walt

Smash Ace
One time when screwing around with computers I did head hitbox of bair>waveland dsmash. looked awesome and is now all I try to do when I play doc.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
do you guys use SHBAWD (short-hop back-air wavedash) in matches? it seems like it'd be useful.
I use SHBAWD a lot. Mainly vs. taller characters like Ganon and CF. It helps a lot when pressuring mixed in with SH bair DJ bair falling bair. SHBAWD approach is also one of my favorite approaches vs. Luigi, among others.

that was awesome. thanks. ill practice it. does anyone else practice ledge techs? i know ive seen shroomed do it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSbTffAtIjw#t=00m57s

its been way more useful then i expected.
Ledge-tech mastery is vital for all characters. Anything you can learn that will help you recover with Doc., you must learn.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
Alright. ill keep at it on the ledge teching. are there any specific matchups that you guys usually counterpick mario in? i find the samus MU alot easier when i drop the P.H.D

Shroomed

Smash Master
There's no matchup I find directly easier with Mario than with Doc.

Ledge teching is retardedly important IMO. I don't practice it, just had a lot of Peach players (with dsmash edgeguards) when I first started playing and it's somewhat second nature now.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
There's no matchup I find directly easier with Mario than with Doc.

Ledge teching is retardedly important IMO. I don't practice it, just had a lot of Peach players (with dsmash edgeguards) when I first started playing and it's somewhat second nature now.

are their any videos of u playing peaches in tourny? i suck absolute *** at the doc/peach match up and wanted to see more vids of it being done right.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
are their any videos of u playing peaches in tourny? i suck absolute *** at the doc/peach match up and wanted to see more vids of it being done right.
V.S MacD at R3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWGBFpD7nQ set 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlV4ny1Wwes&feature=related set 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMe-u3WDDFs&feature=related set 3

wintergamefest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFhoA74LzIQ

also axe goes peach once in this set http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5tH2M4zvjI

only ones i could find.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
was it recorded?

also i see shroomed doing Upsmash out of shield alot so i thought dazprigud
so it connects to fair at these percents (grounded)

Fox 60%-120%

Falco 70%-130%

JigglyPuff N/A

Sheik 50%-90%

Marth 50%-90%

Captain Falcon: 70%-130%

Ice Climbers: (dident bother)

Doctor Mario: 60%-65%

Ganondorf: 60%-100%

Samus: N/A

Pikachu: 50%-70%

Mario: 60%-65%

Luigi: N/A

Donkey Kong: 70%-120%

Link: 60%-100%

Young link: 50%-90%

Zelda: N/A

Roy: 50%-90%

Mewtwo: N/A

Yoshi: 60%-100%

Game & Watch: 40%-60%

Ness: N/A

Bowser: 70%-100%

Kirby: N/A

Pichu: 40%-60%

(forgot to mention i used a minimum of 40%

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Doc needs (his opponent to have) at least 54 frames of hitstun in order to overcome the ending lag of Up-Smash and do a dash -> full or short jump fair.
Without actually testing anything (A delayed Fair or delayed DJ -> Fair, turnaround before the dash which takes 4 frames, etc. may be required to actually get the Fair to connect):

Assumptions:
Doc can reach the opponent & hit with Fair via a forward Dash -> Short/FullJump frame 2 -> Fair frame 1 of airborne. Subtract like 2 or 3% if you don't have to dash first, add like 5% if you need to reverse dash.
Fully fresh Up-Smash. Add 16% to these values to get the after-Up-Smash damage, which will be correct regardless of staleness.

Bowser: 61%
Donkey Kong: 60%
Samus/Ganondorf: 59%
Yoshi: 58%
Captain Falcon/Link: 57%
Dr. Mario/Mario/Luigi: 55%
Ness: 53%
Peach/Sheik/Zelda: 52%
Marth: 51%
Mewtwo/Roy/Young Link: 50%
Falco/Pikachu: 48%
Fox: 46%
Kirby: 45%
Jigglypuff/Mr. Game & Watch: 41%
Pichu: 39%

The opponent's falling speed acceleration (or lack thereof) can have them land before you're able to Forward-Air them or have them be too high up for you to full jump ASAP fair. DI can also cause you to need to delay the Fair. It'd take a lot of frame advance that I don't have the time for to get an actual list.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
lol upsmash oos
still waiting for someone to master upb cancel oos (viper where you at? =D)

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
yea he's pretty iight

let's see what he has in store tmr for zenith

if his fake *** decides to go

t-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

Max?

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm going to zenith but I have no expectation of doing well. The last few days I've just been getting rpaed and im drunk as **** at my friends house right now and probablynot sleeping tonight.

swag.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Yeah I'm going to zenith but I have no expectation of doing well. The last few days I've just been getting rpaed and im drunk as **** at my friends house right now and probablynot sleeping tonight.

swag.
what is this prejohns ****

lookin mad fake

Max?

Smash Champion
So yeah, I ***** really really hard today. I got 1st seed in my pool and 2-0ed HBK. I sadly won't be going to day 2 tomorrow because I have other plans, but I def made my mark! If people wanna know more feel free to IM me.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
So yeah, I ***** really really hard today. I got 1st seed in my pool and 2-0ed HBK. I sadly won't be going to day 2 tomorrow because I have other plans, but I def made my mark! If people wanna know more feel free to IM me.
Is someone else getting your seed spot then? Getting 1st seed and then just not coming back for bracket is kinda lame if it screws someone over, hopefully that got taken care of.

Good ****, man. :)

Max?

Smash Champion
Is someone else getting your seed spot then? Getting 1st seed and then just not coming back for bracket is kinda lame if it screws someone over, hopefully that got taken care of.

Good ****, man. :)
Alex strife is taking care of it, Idk whats going to happen.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
So apparently, Shroomed aka Dajuan is still destroying his region:
Dear Norcal,
I wanted to make a quick post and say that Shroom or Da4Uan or how ever the **** you spell his name is such a fat mediocre piece of ****. Stupid short ****.
As a region we really need to step it up enough to make sure his cocky ***** *** doesnt win anything from here on out. This is really getting ridiculous with him winning. Come back Norcal players, become great and beat this ugly **** back to what ever dark crevasse he crawled out from.

Thank you and God bless
LMAO!!!

LOOOOOOOOOL

Darrell U TIGHT!!!

all we can really do is just improve to beat dajuan

but at the end of the day tho thats still the homie
Like wow Shroomed.... just wow!

I'm gonna have a lot of vids up soon. Hopefully you'll all stop sleeping.
*watched OTG vs Jman/Forward/Niko on Youtube*
:143: Zzzzzz
I'M STILL SLEEPIN' MUTHAFUHKA!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
It's more about consistant placings at locals/regionals then "oh hay I beet this purson"

Shroomed is a ****ing monster and the world should be very afraid of him.

Top Bottom