• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
two

by

four

and

you

hit

them

irl

with

it

moo

i

am

a

magic

cow
Lmfao. Sometimes I want to pull a Terry Tate and tackle Shiz mid-match. He hits my controller sometimes in our friendlies whenever I'm about to punish him for missing a rest or something. It usually messes me up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, I got some good news and some bad news. (well, from you guys' perspective)

The good news is, starting 2morrow, I'm bout to hop back on some melee practice. First time in about 3 weeks or so.

The bad news is, I'm doing so cause my f'n 360 rrod'd today. :(

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
who got first/second and who did you beat?
lol, pretty much nobody. There were a few people around my level that I beat, but the only really good people that entered were Eggz and Bladewise, who got First and second respectively.
But I got my money back plus 3 bucks.
There were lots of new people too, which was pretty cool.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Well, I got some good news and some bad news. (well, from you guys' perspective)

The good news is, starting 2morrow, I'm bout to hop back on some melee practice. First time in about 3 weeks or so.

thermal compound, few screws, few tools, a bobbypin and you can fix it :D ... it's mad annoying tho, i just had to fix mine last week :(

but ya, just get the CPU out and rub off all that heat sink and apply new compound to it, you'll be good as new.

otg

Smash Master
i actually don't think the match up is that bad at all

i just suck lol
I already discussed this with you on AIM, but there were numerous times you could've CCed the things he was throwing out at you and punished, and you tend to throw pills at terrible times... like when he is right next to you. We'll talk more in person.

unknown522

Some guy
wow, sorry for double post. Laptop fail.

I need to get a PS3 for SSF4. I love dudley in both 3S and 4.

Also, Ryu is my favorite, but I main Ken/Dudley/Akuma in 3S.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
but I think he's trying to main Makoto.
......... GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Na, I'm not on this "Makoto is trash" bandwagon yet, but I do think she suffers a whole lot being transferred to ssf4.

Like having her karakusa out prioritized by normal grabs.
And not having a parry to stop people from just mashing jab all day.
And practically (not completely) getting jumped all day.
And not having the footspeed to even pretend to walk in and out of footsies.

And

and

and.

unknown522

Some guy

Na, I'm not on this "Makoto is trash" bandwagon yet, but I do think she suffers a whole lot being transferred to ssf4.

And

and

and.
Yeah, when I watch her she doesn't look very good.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
alright makoto isnt a in and out chunli footsie type character, but she does have amazing normals like st.mp (beastly AA), cr.mp and st. hp and her EX overhead has invinc frames and can be used as a reversal.. she can Kara all her specials and her throw, her U2 is THE answer to crossups, and she does MAD damage. also she can hayate feint vipes style, so you can be like close st.HP, hayate feint (do QCF+HP&MK), st.mp, hayate I think the reason people dont think shes very good is because this isnt 3s and people are playing her like its 3s.

yeah thats right I lurk until something SF related comes up lmao.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

And

and

and.

You can PJFC (pre-jump frame cancel) and cancel a jump with a Karakusa or oroshi. It gives the first few frames of your special move the same body hitbox properties of a jump. Basically, you can't be grabbed out of the air. If you do the HCB motion for any Karakusa/Oroshi and hold either UF or UB at the end, you'll jump and cancel that jump with the grab. It makes the Karakusa grab invincible.

Makoto's "command grab" doesn't need to be like Gief's/Abel's/T-hawk's because it works differently. It doesn't give you knockdown oki or wake-up games like all other conventional command grabs do. It gives you a FULL ****ING COMBO. It would be dumb as hell if you could go through grabs then do like 340-400 damage (300-400 stun) OR Ultra 1. The trade off is, you get more out of this grab if you land it, but its not easy to land.

She was 5th in 3rd for years upon years and she had the worst walking speed in that to. Her command normals (f+mp, f+hp, f+lk) all move her forwards and have huge priority and/or are safe on block. She can dash under jump-ins and hit opponents before they touch the ground. She's not that bad, trust me.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
hmm. *scratches chin* i must see this "not getting grab out of karakura" kuarakusa to become a believer in it.

:laugh::laugh:

In the end, I honestly think ssf4 is still dumb balanced (read: really balanced)

Like, I honestly think Dan is probably THE worst character in the game, but he's not BAD. He's just got the least amount of good stuff. (cs.mp -> lk dan kicks loop ALL DAY)

My point being is that, yeah I believe Makoto got some stuff going for her AS IS. F***in, I played GA Peach's Makoto and I know he took half a bar easy just because I wanted to backdash on wakeup. So she's got the damage and means to stop stuff. She just dont have an easy time stopping EVERYTHING. (I mean, for the record, he got pisssssssssssed when the VERY NEXT TIME he KD'd me (which was from that combo), i backdashed again. The **** if I was gunna stand there and get Karakusa'd)

So yeah, she's got the stuff, but I'll be ****ed if life's any shape of easy for her.

unknown522

Some guy
You can PJFC (pre-jump frame cancel) and cancel a jump with a Karakusa or oroshi. It gives the first few frames of your special move the same body hitbox properties of a jump. Basically, you can't be grabbed out of the air. If you do the HCB motion for any Karakusa/Oroshi and hold either UF or UB at the end, you'll jump and cancel that jump with the grab. It makes the Karakusa grab invincible.

Makoto's "command grab" doesn't need to be like Gief's/Abel's/T-hawk's because it works differently. It doesn't give you knockdown oki or wake-up games like all other conventional command grabs do. It gives you a FULL ****ING COMBO. It would be dumb as hell if you could go through grabs then do like 340-400 damage (300-400 stun) OR Ultra 1. The trade off is, you get more out of this grab if you land it, but its not easy to land.

She was 5th in 3rd for years upon years and she had the worst walking speed in that to. Her command normals (f+mp, f+hp, f+lk) all move her forwards and have huge priority and/or are safe on block. She can dash under jump-ins and hit opponents before they touch the ground. She's not that bad, trust me.
RaynEX posting in the doc boards? I don't believe it.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
As far as the Jiggs and Peach thing goes, I usually ban those stages when going against them, especially with Doc. I can deal with Dreamland 64, but Mute City is just a joke. I'm not familiar with this new tourney rule-set though so maybe some things have changed (like Mute City being auto-banned, which would make life a lot easier.)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Till he gets hit off and has to up+b. Then it's edgeguard -> death.

It's really a double edged stage that comes (came) down to the specific style player you were playing against.

I normally opted to CP it vs characters I could CG AND a player who was fairly defensive/wanted to generally stay away from me.

Top Bottom