• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Shroomed

Smash Master
scar is an awful or amazing teammate
it's like a coin flip
he'll **** the **** out of a match but jump off twice at 0% or something stupid rofl
if he was consistent he'd b placing top 5 at nationals imo

coming to genesis?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
scar is an awful or amazing teammate
it's like a coin flip
he'll **** the **** out of a match but jump off twice at 0% or something stupid rofl
if he was consistent he'd b placing top 5 at nationals imo

coming to genesis?
I'm going to try, man. =) Saving up as of last week.

Max?

Smash Champion
and im convinced doc/mario vs marth is like 55/45 marth
I agree to this more or less. I tend to beast on every Marth that isn't Niko, that ***** is too good and knows that matchup really well since we've been playing together forever. I'd like to see how you do vs. him shroomed.

I dont mind falco anymore, kinda hating on Sheik atm.

Shroomed

Smash Master
playing me isn't the same as playing other docs i hear a lot lol

dogy gotta train his boy fullmetal more in the matchup man!!!!

i like playing marths that say they know the matchup really well /cocky

tell niko to go to genesis and MM me!!

Max?

Smash Champion
I don't think he said it anywhere, I'm kinda just vouching for him. Didn't even say he would win, just was curious how you would handle him.

Continue to sleep tho.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
mario's SPACED fsmash is safe on block

just like tippers are safe on block, it sounds broken on paper but it isn't

mario's fsmash is too easy to bait because people rely on it so much

EDIT: it's been awhile since i've seen legitimate discussion in this thread lol
I don't think it's nearly as hard as you're implying to space Mario's F-smash correctly. You have a MUCH larger window of error for it than Marth's F-smash, especially since Mario's F-smash is by far much less laggy. I'm also certain the hitbox has a longer practical duration. Marth's F-smash sucks against Mario/Doc. Mario's F-smash on the other hand is pretty borderline broken in those matchups.

What's Doc going to do to punish it? F-tilt? Like...jumping is really really bad in the Mario/Doc/ditto matchups just due to how simple it is to anti-air. Last time I checked Mario's F-smash was definitely a kill move. Doc's F-tilt not really.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
doc ganon is not that hard at all
Hell naw bro. Ganon's good against Doc.

Mario beats Doc fosho.
Maybe. I doubt the matchup is in Doc's favor.

In all fairness, Mario has Usmash oos nonsense too, but his usmash actually works so it doesn't do cool stuff like Docs.
Yeah, and Mario ***** floaties with upsmash OoS. Look at how much earlier Jiggs dies off the top for Mario's upsmash.

And Mario camps Doc to death with F-smash and U-tilts. Not hard to do at all. The matchup is more gimp focused. But Doc can't really get in on Mario.

Mario still beats Doc. F-smash and U-tilt are too good against him

Yes Doc's D-smash is way better. No argument here.

Doc's B-air gimping only really matters over Mario's against like...Fox and Ganon. I'll give he clearly takes those matchups tho.

Oh and Jab combo. People underestimate how good a fast Jab combo is.
Sounds correct to me.

I don't think it's nearly as hard as you're implying to space Mario's F-smash correctly. You have a MUCH larger window of error for it than Marth's F-smash, especially since Mario's F-smash is by far much less laggy. I'm also certain the hitbox has a longer practical duration.
Yeah, Marth's f-smash lasts 48 frames and the hitbox is gone after frame 13.
Mario's f-smash lasts a total of 41 frames and the hitbox is gone after frame 16.

So that's 35 frames of complete vulnerability on Marth's f-smash and 25 frames of complete vulnerability on Mario's f-smash.

I really feel like Mario's d-air hitbox than Doc's d-air. I always got beat by Mario's d-air everytime I went to d-air, and I don't recall getting beat to the air everytime either.
I also have an easier time beating Doc's d-air with Ganon's up-air from below than I had trying to beat Mario's d-air with Ganon's up-air.

Max?

Smash Champion
Ricky, I'm pretty sure that Mario and Doc's usmash both have the same power and knockback, it's just Doc's is all ******** due to the way his usmash works otg.

Max?

Smash Champion
Most fighting games communities use that term all the time. Maybe it's just the fact that I've been watching a **** load of MvC3 recently. Anyway, you gay yedi

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah? Idunno, I probably don't know the timing for Marip's Up+B Cancel.

But I find the Up+B Cancel for Doc to be pretty easy comparing the two. My controller is also sort of slacked for it since I used to practice it a lot. Iunno, I enjoy situational technical stuff.

Max?

Smash Champion
Traveling for this game is a lost cause at this point. Hope you live in a good region that has decent locals, and if you don't, you might as well quit.

Max?

Smash Champion
That's true. I've come to realize that not many of the people who post on the boards actively go out to tournies and are active in their scenes. Misconception on my part I guess.

Shroomed

Smash Master
How is traveling a lost cause? Nationals are my favorite part of this game. Such high competitive spirits and level of competition. If I could added it I'd go to every regional in the US and go **** in Europe with all their nerfed top tiers

Max?

Smash Champion
When people aren't getting paid at Nationals it's hard to justify traveling. Not like I'm making money anyway LOL.

I plan on coming to Genesis 2 with my westchester homies, but if I have summer class then it's probably impossible...

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm going to have two tourney sets up soon, and I'd love some feedback. I threw away my set with Stric9 soooooo bad, I'm tight!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
how do you up-b cancel.

quick instructions please.
Up+B Cancel - The entire sequence of this move is 4 frames. The operations for each frame are as follows:
Frame 1 - Hit the initial direction you want the hitbox to appear in.
Frame 2 - Cancel that direction with the exact opposite direction.
Frame 3 - The hitbox of the initial direction shows up.
Frame 4 - The last part of the hitbox dissapears.
This move is primarily useful out of your shield. It is useful, trust me.

When you hit someone, Frame 2 becomes more like frame 4 and so on because of the hit-lag.

Taken from my "Doc. vs. the World" character matchup guide. You should read it sometime.

jreed

Smash Cadet
i find it more easy to b up cancel when i hit someone opposed to when i am trying to do it center stage.. can somone tell me why this is im so curious lol

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
i find it more easy to b up cancel when i hit someone opposed to when i am trying to do it center stage.. can somone tell me why this is im so curious lol
"When you hit someone, Frame 2 becomes more like frame 4 and so on because of the hit-lag."
Maybe this?

Top Bottom