• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ah, I see. Well, I can't argue with feelings. And I certainly can understand wanting to consolidate damage.
does diing up out of the cg actually work though? If i recall, the cg sends you up and if you di in the same direction it doesn't really have an effect.

i could see it being the case if the cg actually sent people up at a slight angle, but even then

shroomed, who did you mm?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
doc doesn't have a great way to get re-grounded, but he does have mix up options (assuming he isn't being combo'd)
D.air works well to outprioritize oncoming attacks from below, n.air works better when you're more likely to trade. You can always stall with cape to mix up your fallspeed/timing.
Airdodgeing is scary, but sometimes its your best bet too move past an anti-air attack--even if you get punished for it, its often worth it, just to improve position.

and I will forever preach this- Tornado has its use here. If you can bait the opponent to whiff an uptilt/etc, and mash B (only slightly) to temporarily hover right outside their range, you can sink with the ending hitboxes of 'nado to punish and make it back safe.

If you're offstage, pills are good but they'll get you in trouble vs most good characters b.airs off the edge, so you gotta be ready to pill and airdodge as they try to intercept.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
not a doc main but going to chip in that i bet tornado has its usage. it's the same way ice climbers use side b at times.

if you can go up in the inittial part of the down b it should be substantially better, but even if not a functional hover is always useful. Marth has to use it so much in the ditto.

jrod842

Smash Rookie
thank you cyphus also sorry for sounding like a noob here how do you exactly do a up smash/up b out of shield thank you again

Max?

Smash Champion
Spent a large majority of last night ****** PC and Hax.

To whoever is reading this, you're next

dembawls

Smash Rookie
I'll ask Hax$ to verify that. I don't believe that at all, he's the best falcon. You are who?

:phone:

poega

Smash Apprentice
doc doesn't have a great way to get re-grounded, but he does have mix up options (assuming he isn't being combo'd)
D.air works well to outprioritize oncoming attacks from below, n.air works better when you're more likely to trade. You can always stall with cape to mix up your fallspeed/timing.
Airdodgeing is scary, but sometimes its your best bet too move past an anti-air attack--even if you get punished for it, its often worth it, just to improve position.

and I will forever preach this- Tornado has its use here. If you can bait the opponent to whiff an uptilt/etc, and mash B (only slightly) to temporarily hover right outside their range, you can sink with the ending hitboxes of 'nado to punish and make it back safe.

If you're offstage, pills are good but they'll get you in trouble vs most good characters b.airs off the edge, so you gotta be ready to pill and airdodge as they try to intercept.
Damn never thought of using the tornado like that, great idea! My link maining 'mentor' juggles me to china and back so definitely gonna learn to master it. To the guy who wondered: if you wanna airdodge you must remember to wiggle (ie dashdance in the air) when ur tumbling around in the air.

Max?

Smash Champion
Hax being the best falcon, lmao
Well he's outplaced every other Falcon at every other National in the last 3+ years, except s2j by one placing at Gen 2 iirc? So yeah, not that bold a claim at all.

Got a bunch of tourney matches recorded yesterday. My WF set vs. M2k was soooo terrible. Still tho, got a ton of **** footage, so you guys can finally see OT-2.0

Max?

Smash Champion
Thanks man. I was not ready for m2k tho holy **** lol. Out of all the top players I've played in tourney, he ***** me the worst. Not even Armada did me that dirty

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Thanks man. I was not ready for m2k tho holy **** lol. Out of all the top players I've played in tourney, he ***** me the worst. Not even Armada did me that dirty
This is basically everyone's first time vs M2K. It gets easier. Winning's really hard though.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
still remember that first 3 and 4 stock by m2k in marth dittos...so messy..you just never forget the fear

Shroomed

Smash Master
Yeah M2K is ridiculous the first time around.

Once you play him once he plays exactly the same everytime. Although his spacing and speed is so good that it's STILL hard to win.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
All you do is badger and harass OTG whenever he posts in a thread somewhere. Believe it or not, he's actually good at Smash. I seriously doubt Unknown was misinformed.

Get the hell out of here, Froggy.

Smooth Criminal
What is this? I hardly ever even think of OTG. And since when is asking for video confirmation on the boards a radical thing?

Max?

Smash Champion
What? I don't believe that.

Are there vids of this?
lmao, I know everyone thinks I'm terrible at this game, so here, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNK6UWDsqc&feature=channel&list=UL <-- Vs. Eggm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSx7X9FsuwE&feature=BFa&list=ULb67UJvGYw6U <-- Vs. Stric (Game 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b67UJvGYw6U&feature=channel&list=UL <-- Vs. Stric (Game 2)

My Losers set vs. Eggm will be online eventually.

Also, here's some teams stuff vs. Eggm/Swift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Fe91Ev2Y0

All you do is badger and harass OTG whenever he posts in a thread somewhere. Believe it or not, he's actually good at Smash. I seriously doubt Unknown was misinformed.

Get the hell out of here, Froggy.

Smooth Criminal
Thanks for getting my back dog.

Max?

Smash Champion
Thanks homie. My matches vs. M2k are up too LOL, you guys can have fun watching me get utterly ****ing *****

Max?

Smash Champion
You're going to No Johns this weekend? I don't think I'll be able to go as I'm moving into NYC on Saturday. How long will you be around for?

Top Bottom