• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
wtf is that??? So much craziness!

Can't we just press buttons and settle at that? LOL

I tried fighting a Doc with Peach WITHOUT using Bair EVER, and it was tough. Then when I started to use Bair, Doc had troubles. LOTS of trouble.

She has a really REALLY nice ***.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hey, tips on figthing another doc?? I can't think of any other matchup that I might need help with, cuz I like, kno them. I mean I get stomped on all of em (like Falco) but still. I forget whats imporant against doc/mario.
.... you could always try the handy dandy matchup guide!!!! ^_^ ONLY $14.95 FREE!!

__

Seriously, though. First thing you gotta understand that Doc/Doc and Doc/Mario are, for you as a Doc player, two different matchups. They're not night-and-day different, but they are different enough.

Keepin **** short, in Doc dittos, if you want to play defense, the main thing you're looking to avoid is letting the other doc land spaced pills, shffl'd u.airs, jabs, and AC D.airs (if they can do so). Those are pretty much the main things that lead to pressure.

If you wanna attack, the green light is FH pills. Alot of Docs tend to space pills horribly, and on top of that, alot of docs will do a majority (if not all) FH pills; thinking that being able to waveland afterwards is the most amazing thing ever. Beyond that, you're mainly looking for them to throw out a smash attack of some kind (preferably a d.smash or u.smash), or cut them off from f.airing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thank you. Yep, I changed my name btw. May not be good but its better than nothing. Thank you though. Hey, how do you help yourself remember things that otherwise might be important to note when in battle?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Noooooooooooooo. Haha jk, yeah I don't mind. I just hated it having numbers too. (if im ever at a tourney ur at and you ask for my gamer tag, and I whisper, its me)

Shroomed

Smash Master
i think i only use FH pills

and i dont really space pills

i dont even really use pills

cept vs marth's ***** ***

pills suck, doc sucks, fox *****

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
yep, after me and dogy had grand-finals (we were the only ones left), zero bought back in, and they had grand-finals again. It gave me 3rd place, even though I beat out zero in semis.

And apparently I'm supposed to bair more against doc, hmmm...
who's zero? teczero?

buyback is ridiculous
I'm the Zero he's talking about.

I only bought back in so I could play Dogy in a serious set since I don't think he was trying that hard in our friendlies, lol.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
i think i only use FH pills

and i dont really space pills

i dont even really use pills

cept vs marth's ***** ***

pills suck, doc sucks, fox *****

i feel the same way theres so much **** involved in playing doc to get good but instead of fox i play falco as a secondary just because of the pressure he can have on every character and cause falco walks all over my doc but in the end doc is the funniest character to play

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He has pills. lol but everyone is immune to them. :/

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm the Zero he's talking about.

I only bought back in so I could play Dogy in a serious set since I don't think he was trying that hard in our friendlies, lol.
wow. That's a hilarious yet smart way to go about it.

Ironic thing was, I was trying. I've just been having problems with campy foxes as of late. (Lost to Yay at Waba 2 weeks ago, **** near lost to Omega at FRXIII) so it's not like I wasnt putting any effort into that friendly.

I just went about the match different. I did something called "Hey, lemme see what happens when I use these platforms too" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
:/ I know how to platform camp, but have no idea what to do against it...

This is Zero_Gamer. Forgot that I'm on my sister's account.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I've been tellin you guys for years Doc's trash. I mean ****, I remember when that was my opening line for "how to play doc"

Person: "Dogy, how do I play doc like you?"
Dogy: "Aight, first thing you do is drop the icon on Doc. Then you pick it up, go 1 space down, 1 space to the right. Drop it."
Person: "But that's~~"
Dogy: "That's super Doc, dont worry."

___

*points to sig*
Ima try this this weekend.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't care! :3 I love doc, always have. Always will. Its more interesting to win with Doc and fulfilling than any other character to me. Or maybe if I was icies, but I suck at icies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah they are. I like their wavedash, their smashes, and that nana could be used as bait. That would be my strategy. GO NANA I CHOOSE YOU!

Nah but I do want to play them seriously, I prolly shouldn't think like that if I want to play them good. All I know is their grabs good and, uhhh... ;-;

i have mostly played doc all this time. Its like I spent most of my experience that I have on doc, and not that much on others.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
If you plan on just playing for fun, Doc is great. If you plan on winning, good ****ing luck.
^^^ Basically this times a million. Been thinking lately that I really only play this character for the fun of ****ing *****s up with him for one stock a game. It's just too satisfying to do Doc combos.

Shroomed

Smash Master
If you plan on just playing for fun, Doc is great. If you plan on winning, good ****ing luck.
i'd rather get as far as i can with a ****ty char

than pick a good char and do better simply cuz my char's so good

i do fine with doc and i highly doubt ive learned how to use him to his fullest yet

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
yall are so emo lol stop whining or change characters

<3<3<3<3<3

I think what I just heard from Shroomed and Eighteen may sum up every thought I've had about this subject over the last 4 years with ze doc. You guys are freakin' amazing.

And yeah, now that I'm not alone in saying this:

Man up or go sniffling back to fox.

In the defense of all those I'm criticizing, I did take up falco to work on techspeed this last year and can DEFINITELY see the appeal of the top tiers. Being able to obliterate just because your tech is perfect without the need to be ridiculously craft is pretty sweet.

Nonetheless, my allegiance lies with t3h doc.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
had a dream where I where I was at friendlies set up with unknown. And he was ****** someone with doc and making fun of ppl from pound4.

was pretty odd

Top Bottom