• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctorjuice's Zero Suit Samus Guide

Bouse

Smash Ace
My reasoning for the colors is that if it is colored like a **** textbook no one will want to bother reading through it. Although if they don't read it... Zamus could just remain our little secret <_<.
I'll do my best to proofread it when you post your "final" copy, with as little swear words and racial slurs as possible.

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
My reasoning for the colors is that if it is colored like a **** textbook no one will want to bother reading through it. Although if they don't read it... Zamus could just remain our little secret <_<.
I'll do my best to proofread it when you post your "final" copy, with as little swear words and racial slurs as possible.
Lol no need to use strong language Bouse! Yeah maybe you get be my editing man! I never really proofread anything I write anyway. This works out real well. Thanks guys this really helps! I'll be sure to give you and cake your props! I appreciate it folks :)

Bouse

Smash Ace
Yeah too many errors for me to just type 'em out, but I'll fix your grammar once you're done. Just let me know when you're finished with most of the text.

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
Yeah cake I'm trying to get on my email but it's not letting me sign on to ANYTHING. Ebay, gmail, aol, it won't let me sign in to anything! Smashboards and AiB works (obviously) I think it's because they're on a separate page. It shows up as a generic "Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

So yeah I don't know what to do. I don't know where the hell to post this but if any of you guys can help me out with this problem PM me or something.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
This is kinda funny, I kept telling people I would update my guide but then I switched characters and kinda left it alone, then recently I switched back and thought "well I guess its about time to update it". So I come to the Zamus boards for the first time in months to find a new guide posted, haha.

But more to the point the guide if fairly good, mine is in need of an update(which IS coming now), so I can understand your feeling that it needed replaced, or at least supplemented. Thanks for picking up the slack.

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
I didn't feel that way actually. Just thought it would be a good idea to post a guide that I made a while ago on another site here. You have a nice guide as well though I will admit it needs to be updated! :)

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
Wow looks great cake nice job! But yeah I had my own way of resizing the pics using html that i learned a while back spent like 2 hours trying to resize it and everything but the AiB editor wouldn't accept it and it put it back into the original size DX. So yeah I haven't tried resizing it since then. But I've always needed to get around to do that so I'll put that at the top of my things to do list. So yeah great job cake can you post the html on freewebs or something since I still can't access my email XD?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Can't you just make the images smaller in photoshop and host them?

Adapt

Smash Lord
I don't think these forums will accept html unless you are a admin. That's how vbulletin was set on the forum where I was an admin

photoshop ftw, although there are many other options
If you don't have PS then I can prolly do it if I have time tomorrow. It shouldn't take very long

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
I don't think these forums will accept html unless you are a admin. That's how vbulletin was set on the forum where I was an admin

photoshop ftw, although there are many other options
If you don't have PS then I can prolly do it if I have time tomorrow. It shouldn't take very long
Mmmm unfortunately I don't have photoshop =( Yeah that would help adapt, lol now I'm gonna have to add a special thanks section XD

smaci92

Smash Lord
lol...Bouse (up there) is usually nice on the boards, but it looks like he woke up on the wrong side of bed! haha. You guide is fantastic; I'm lovin' the new pics and colors! But one thing: Air dodging does not reduce knockback. It is confirmed in the tactical discussion somewhere...so it doesn't make a difference whether you airdodge or not...so maybe take a second look at that point

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
lol...Bouse (up there) is usually nice on the boards, but it looks like he woke up on the wrong side of bed! haha. You guide is fantastic; I'm lovin' the new pics and colors! But one thing: Air dodging does not reduce knockback. It is confirmed in the tactical discussion somewhere...so it doesn't make a difference whether you airdodge or not...so maybe take a second look at that point
Yeah kudos to cake for the colors! Oh really air dodging doesn't reduce knockback? I always thought it seemed like it did? All those airdodges for nothing DX!!! Wow lol I was completely wrong about that. Looks like I'm gonna have to edit that recovery section once again.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Oh really air dodging doesn't reduce knockback? I always thought it seemed like it did? All those airdodges for nothing DX!!! Wow lol I was completely wrong about that. Looks like I'm gonna have to edit that recovery section once again.
It interrupts your hitstun, which in essence allows you to you double-jump cancel your momentum, so yes, it does help recovery.

juice for your recovery part, take note:

an air-dodge or an attack will remove hitstun before a double-jump is possible, meaning that if you air-dodge, then immediately double-jump towards the stage, you will effectively survive for a couple more percent. In particular, ZSS's down-b is great for this, since it has extreme momentum cancelling. The BEST way to survive off the stage is an immediate airdodge or u-air, followed by a down-b towards the stage, it will extend your KO range by about 8-10%.

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
It interrupts your hitstun, which in essence allows you to you double-jump cancel your momentum, so yes, it does help recovery.

juice for your recovery part, take note:

an air-dodge or an attack will remove hitstun before a double-jump is possible, meaning that if you air-dodge, then immediately double-jump towards the stage, you will effectively survive for a couple more percent. In particular, ZSS's down-b is great for this, since it has extreme momentum cancelling. The BEST way to survive off the stage is an immediate airdodge or u-air, followed by a down-b towards the stage, it will extend your KO range by about 8-10%.
Hmm it always seemed airdodge helped a little. Nice faded I'll quote you on this.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Hmm it always seemed airdodge helped a little. Nice faded I'll quote you on this.
I'm serious: airdodge does not help!

just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R73FmgN_IGc

This is a great tutorial that shows that there is no difference whether you airdodge or not...However, if you do push the control stick the opposite direction, it does help, and side b's and fair's help too. It provides some horizontal movement....

So look into it again Juicy Doctor! ;)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Smaci you don't know how to read do you?

is not

Air-dodging reduces your momentum. LAWLIMANOOBKTHXBYE***
Oh, and you're also wrong in your later statement. Pushing the control stick parallel to your flight path has absolutely no impact on your momentum whatsoever. Only stick movements that are perpendicular help you at all. L2DI.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Smaci you don't know how to read do you?
Oh man, I'm such an idiot. Sorry Cake, I got it all wrong...I didn't read some of that...

Oh, and you're also wrong in your later statement. Pushing the control stick parallel to your flight path has absolutely no impact on your momentum whatsoever. Only stick movements that are perpendicular help you at all. L2DI.
That's what I was trying so say, but I didn't know how to explain it correctly...

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
Ok so let me get this straight: If you airdodge as you're getting knocked to the right while pushing the control stick to the left it helps in your recovery? If not, then it doesn't help at all?

smaci92

Smash Lord
Ok so let me get this straight: If you airdodge as you're getting knocked to the right while pushing the control stick to the left it helps in your recovery? If not, then it doesn't help at all?
Actually I have no idea now...I'm completely confused now...:( did you see the video?

ask cake...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You airdodge while holding perpendicular to the base trajectory of the move's knockback. This means you DI differently depending on the move. Once you've airdodged, use Flip Jump towards the stage. After that, you hold towards the stage.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Air-dodging and actual DI are not directly related. You basically have 2 options: 1. Air-dodge as soon as you're hit to regain control of your character, and then recover with a move that has momentum that isn't in the direction you're flying. 2. Air-dodge or not, hold the control stick perpendicular to the direction you're flying to cancel out some of the momentum. Normally it'll be a combination of these two. Generally I air-dodge, then DI, but if you look at it neither of those are beneficial to each other. Air-dodging is a force of habit for me. For examples of each of these: 1. You're on one end of FD, and your opponent has just F-smashed you across the stage nearly horizontally. Air-dodging right after you're hit allows you to regain control and you have options as to which move you want to attempt to recover with. A risk-taker would try and throw out a tether as they pass by the corner of the stage, which is an IMMEDIATE stop as you catch the ledge. However, someone else may prefer to DJC some of the momentum, as it's a much safer bet. 2. This is very specific, but it makes its point. Pikachu hits you with a D-smash while you're at 100+ percent. Why bother air-dodging this when you know you're getting sent straight upwards? Merely holding left or right cancels out about 1/4 of the momentum, and you can very clearly see it as you fly towards the direction you're holding, which is not a natural direction for Pika's d-smash.

Sorry that was quite long-winded, but I just wanted to try and clear it up for everyone. In conclusion, there is no DIRECT correlation between air-dodging and DI, as air-dodging is merely used as a tool to regain control of you character much quicker than normal, which allows to perform recovery options. DI on the other hand, is the natural movement of your character in a direction that is not the same as your given momentum from a particular move.

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
Mmm yes exactly what I thought at the beginning way to clear things up cake! Oh and the pics are ready great! Now I can add that special thanks section XD

Edit: I'm going to be in New York for a week so I won't be able to update until then =/ See you guys in a week!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Mmm yes exactly what I thought at the beginning way to clear things up cake! Oh and the pics are ready great! Now I can add that special thanks section XD

Edit: I'm going to be in New York for a week so I won't be able to update until then =/ See you guys in a week!
If you're going to NY, NY you should come to one of our weeklies if you can make it. They're usually on a Friday, let me know.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've heard that Fair is best. Flip Jump may be even better, judging by the video.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Fair and Plasma Whip both have very little momentum on them. Another thing about that video is, unless the creator was c-sticking his aerials, the only reason he got any momentum at all out of his Fair was because he was holding the control stick forward.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Flip jump seems to be the best for like everything. I use it to get out of combos and even chain grabs.
The problem with flip jump is: You use up one of your best recovery options, and if you're playing metaknight, you are dead if he hits you...

Top Bottom