• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DoDu Tournament - Salem, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
We found out that there is a Spanish service from 6-9 PM on Friday. We will not be able to be present in the church at that time. Easy solution...we go out to dinner at that time, infinite bread stick combo anyone?

Also, the church is calling it a liability for us to sleep there, we are hoping to get this solved. We might use a little monetary persuasion. No worries, worst case is we have to employ one of the following:
1. Sleep in tents outside.
2. Use a little of the pot to pay for the venue
3. Cut off Friday all together and start early on Saturday.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
We can just start late Friday we can go out for bowling and get to know each other idk stay at Walmart for 3 hours.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I think we should just start way early on Friday to get most/all of it done before 6 and then just find somewhere to crash and then start early on Saturday. This plan mostly depends on the flexibility of Washington. When is the earliest you guys could be here on Friday?

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Even though the question isn't directed towards me I can be there at anytime. If they can't make it Friday can we still play just not MM?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Sure, Salem can just get together and play. And anyone else that would be willing to drive here and back to their hometown on Friday and then back for Saturday.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
We are still figuring it out. We might be able to bargain with the owner to be able to use it through the night. But I need to know what Washington would think about a Saturday tournament.

Jem.

Smash Master
Ask Eggz to ask Ka-Master specifically. I'm not sure if he has to be home by Midnight when it hits sunday or not. Early friday means WA wouldnt be able to do low tiers and crews probably.. No matter what our driver has to work on friday, it just depends how early he can get off. We're 45 minutes north of seattle to refresh everyones mind. I'll ask Eggz on AIM or via cell phone next time I decide to..

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
I'm bring my TV it's a 27in. one so can you manage to bring one or you could just use a Smash TV for like 30 minutes best 2 out of 3 or 3 out 4 idk.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
1. We are meeting with the board of councils to see if we can use it through the night. It is looking towards our favor.

2. Salem people should arrive at 12:00...in fact everyone should.

3. No, Timmy, I will not be money matching you.

4. Foos if you come I will not only MM you but it will even be a spooning MM.

5. Yes, this is coming up, we still need T.V.s and games.

EDIT:

I edited the first post for the times.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there maybe a little early also do I have to pay? You can always rent SSBM if needed.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
We still have a T.V. and game shortage.
Ok, just wanted to lay this out:

I live in Salem, so bringing my Cube&Game is no trouble at all, I can even take the bus there.

Bringing my TV is just a slightly different matter. If I had to, I could *probably* take it on the bus, but it weighs like 30-40 pounds, and is rather big and bulky (I'd probably bring it in the box) so it would be a bit of a trick. If I *could* get a lift from someone coming to the event, that would be supremely helpful; again, since I live in town, it's not going to be out of the way to stop on by. Anyone interested need only ask my specific address... aw hell, here it is:

900 State St. Across the street from the GIANT GOLD MAN ON TOP OF THE CAPITOL BUILDING.

Actually, just PM me and tell me if you want to give me a lift.

Oh and, my only class on Friday is 8:00-8:50am, so I'm gonna be available preeeeety much all day.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
# If we can stay the night - Crews: 9:15 AM until finish (probably midnight)

# Sleep/Play/Eat/Socialize/Spoon/Read Scriptures/ECT. 12:00 AM (midnight) to 9:00 AM

You mean 9:15 PM.

Also I won't be reading Scriptures I am non-religious and would rather not say that in front of religious people for various reasoning.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Ok, just wanted to lay this out:

I live in Salem, so bringing my Cube&Game is no trouble at all, I can even take the bus there.

Bringing my TV is just a slightly different matter. If I had to, I could *probably* take it on the bus, but it weighs like 30-40 pounds, and is rather big and bulky (I'd probably bring it in the box) so it would be a bit of a trick. If I *could* get a lift from someone coming to the event, that would be supremely helpful; again, since I live in town, it's not going to be out of the way to stop on by. Anyone interested need only ask my specific address... aw hell, here it is:

900 State St. Across the street from the GIANT GOLD MAN ON TOP OF THE CAPITOL BUILDING.

Actually, just PM me and tell me if you want to give me a lift.

Oh and, my only class on Friday is 8:00-8:50am, so I'm gonna be available preeeeety much all day.
Wouldn't you look rather ******** on the bus with a TV? Hell I might just get on the bus just to laugh at you. :laugh:

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Snood I'll try to find you a ride.

Also, Jesse told me he has a wedding to go to, he did not specify if it was his own or not. Which proves that what happens in Washington...stays in Washington.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I heard it's a gay wedding and Jesse is marrying Captain Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom