• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DoDu Tournament - Salem, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay, listen up fellas:

I will be bringing a VCR and video tapes to record matches. If anyone wants a match edited and put online, I will do it for $1 per round of no more than 4 stock/8 mins. I'm asking this because video editing is time-consuming, especially when multiple people want videos up and there are hours of videos to wade through.

The $1 is definatley not worth my time, but it keeps things affordable for you guys and, I hope, will cut back on the number of requests I get.

Edit:
I will only be accepting matches that are recorded onto my tape (to make finding things much more organized). You must tell me ahead of time, pay me $1 before the match, and then record it.

The time it takes for a match to be up and running on-line will be fairly soon. I'd say within 24 hours of when I get home, on the average.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Thanks timmy, you are great, that will make this tournament just that much better.

Ok, here's the deal, guys, the tournament is tomorrow and we only have 7 TVs and more importantly only FOUR gamecubes. WTF, I'm sure every single person that is on the confirmed-to-go list owns a gamecube. The least you could do is bring a gamecube. Now, who can bring a TV and/or game? I want everyone to repost who has responsibilities of equipment.

Snoodude, we need the TV so I will try to find you a ride.

Also, I have a soccer game(s) on Friday at 1:30 and it will probably go until 4:00, so, I will not be there for Low Tier Doubles. I will be there at noon, though, so that I can help set up and greet early arrival.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Update:
t0mmy and I will bring two setups. That means two TVs, two consoles, two game discs, and all the wires.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
well unfortunate news Ryan and I can't go because we have no ride and the flithy bus would cost 44 dollars there and back and we can barely afford the entry fee which sucks because we really wanted to go to this (kind of tired of dropping out of thing) but yeah this one we don't have a choice :(

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
AHHHH! Bad news. The board of council said we would not be able to use the church on Friday...at all. This has officially become an all Saturday event. We will still have plenty of time to do all of the events. Also, just because Ammon is mormon and Shane is some-what mormon, I might be able to house Washington so that you guys don't have to wake up at 6:00 AM to get here.

Arrivals start at 7:00 AM
Low Tier Singles will start at 9:30 AM.
and the day will go from there.

Eat breakfast before you come. Any lunch/dinner ideas?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Actually, I think it works out better this way. Without any housing it's harder for out of towners to attend more than one day.

Lunch idea - corn chips + fresh avacodas mashed with lemon juice and layerd with chopped tomatoes.

Dinner idea - waffles.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Aww man I was hoping for Friday but Saturday is better for all. So is Washington going to your house Friday Duke?

Lunch = Taco Bell

Dinner = Taco Bell

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
You better make sure no one shows up Friday and goes WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
To prevent double posting, use your Edit button and add to your previous post.

Taco Bell = bad idea.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
eh I won't be on these forums too much longer anyways.

Why is Taco Bell a bad idea? I don't even like Taco Bell that much anyways.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Are you kidding me Timmy? You eat Jack in the Box? I love Jack in the Box. We should go there, there is one near by.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Lets all walk! Only like 1 mile with 20 people it'll be fun! Or McDonald's so we can all poop green!

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Actually they are but I've had them once. I'll just get Quizno's since they're the BEST!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Wendy's is by far the best except for their chili never get the chili I just talked to a person who works there yesterday and he told me how it's made not ver appealing

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Ryan, stop posting so much.

Everyone, stop talking about the food, I figured it out.

I will be ordering Half cheese pizza and half pepperoni pizza from Little Cesaers. You guys can pick up your own dinner when you leave the tournament. There will be snacks provided through out.

I need feedback about the change in time for the tournament.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Actually Little Caesars is poop.

Is this no longer a over nighter?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
If the church isn't letting us use the church at all on Friday and I've already stated that this is a Saturday only tournament, then yes, I think that means this no longer over night.

Thanks, cmin.

Also, we ANYONE from Portland drive the 15 minutes to Gresham to pick up Peach Masta and partner. People are dropping out of this like flies.

cmin

Smash Ace
hey my car is full so no johns im probably the only portland smasher with a car. ask OC george, hes the other one

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Rage, are you kidding me? Ok, I'm going through the thread and seeing who all has dropped out. I'm serious, we might only have like 20 guys left. Can we make an effort to get these people?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Rage, see if James is coming and get a ride from him.

Duke, your attendence list needs updating.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Ok, it has been updated to the best of my ability. I still don't know if Rage was joking, Peach Masta + partner can get a ride, and if foos is actually going or not. That is too bad that the attendance just went from 32 to 24.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Just saw the schedule change, and frankly, I'm kinda glad. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I could probably be ready to go (leave on bus, be picked up, whatever) at around 7:30, giving myself a half-hour to eat breakfast. Again, I might be able to persuade up to three of my friends to join me, one of whom has a car; I'll keep you guys in the know about that.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
I'll be going there on my bike at first than later I will get my stuff since I don't think anyone will be wanting to play Halo the first couple of hours.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
between cmin, binx and myself we can bring 2 gamecubes (with games of course) and probably a tv, maybe 2...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think this list is more accurate:

Doc_Holiday
Doc's friend
Thryx
Sanity
Wikipedia
Shane
Binx
Ronin686
t!mmy
t0mmy
cmin
MCS
Jank
Joshisrad
Ammon
Kefka
Nate
Otto
Cs_Nexus
Snoodude
OC George
Aftermath?
Emo$?
Rage?
Haste?
Peach Masta?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Timmy, thryx and sanity are both 'Doc's friends'.

Haste is with Rage, so he technically wouldn't be coming.

I forgot about Jank.

I thought MCS was a maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom