• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have a Sakurai doll?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Because I feel the need to hurt it, after trying to get 100% in single player. This game is not FUN, the most enjoyment I get out of this game are the brief periods of stability between extreme annoyance and aggrivation.

This is all speaking just for single player, Smashing with friends is fun as always.

Edit: Some people are missing my point, let me underline it:

There is not a single person who is getting 100% completion of this game, that is enjoying it. Games aren't made enjoyable by the challenge they present, it's the enjoyment of gameplay, sprinkled with a tokeneconomy of rewards that you overcome challenges to get. Unfortunately, there isn't a single challenge in Brawl that I look back on with pride, like "oh that was fun."
I'm trying to make a commentary on Sakurai's failed attempt to make a rich, enjoyable single player for Smash.

ChronoBound made a very excellent post that resonated well with my feelings, click here to go to it.

2nd Edit: So I finally beat the game, 100% completion today, 2 weeks after I first got it. It was very exciting to finish, but this post stands - for as much as Sakurai changed the focus and feel of the game, he fell far short of the enjoyable, durable, re-playable single player he was trying to achieve.

Brawl: 100% completion (Intense Boss Battles)

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Wow, this might earn me a one-way ticket to bandom, but this is a surprisingly low quality post from a moderator that's done such good work on these boards.

At least the same hackneyed complaint is put in a new way. Sakurai doll indeed.

That Voodoo that you do.

g5otaku

Smash Cadet
Wow, this might earn me a one-way ticket to bandom, but this is a surprisingly low quality post from a moderator that's done such good work on these boards.

At least the same hackneyed complaint is put in a new way. Sakurai doll indeed.

That Voodoo that you do.
QFE

This is a horrible thread.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Here is what you do:

1. Get a punching bag

2. Print a picture of Sakurai's head

3. Place the picture on the punching bag

4. Beat the **** out of it

I hope this helped!

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Umm... I dont know what to say.

It is true that the single player is... dull (and that is being nice),but the game is truly meant to be a multiplayer game. If you bought it in the hopes of enjoying the single player then sorry, but you got your hopes up.

Shuma

Smash Hero
This is all speaking just for single player, Smashing with friends is fun as always.

Are you stupid or something? The game is supposed to be focused on MULTYPLAYER.

D

Deleted member

You are acting like a child.

So what if Brawl isn't "as good" as everyone thought it was? Who the hell cares? It's still a magnificent game and will be for a long long time.

Dude, I don't care if you are a moderator; act like one. Suck it the hell up.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
Joke topic?
If not, pretty amusing XD
As if anyone would expect good single player from Smash.

Still, totally seems like a joke topic.

Firebert

Smash Ace
I have to agree with you, phanna. The single-player aspects were nowhere near as fun as promised, specifically SSE. But multiplayer, of course, is still epic.
Also, you should just track down and spam Sakurai's YouTube profile. (reference to YGO:TAS)

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
I agree.

Normally I have a very "STFU and stop complaining, stupid children" attitude.

But I really agree.

I mean, seriously. Boss Battles on Intense? The bane of my existance. Beating 100-Man Brawl? That's so dumb. Subspace Emissary on Intense, getting beaten up by a hoarde of stupid Mites? Makes me angry.

Although frankly, I prefer the "fly Sakurai to the Empire State Building, then shove him off the top shouting 'YOU MUST RECOVER!' " approach, but hey.

It's all good.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace

Are you stupid or something? The game is supposed to be focused on MULTYPLAYER.
Some should tell this to Sakurai >.>

Seeing as he put a lot of emphasis and focus on the SSE, which I defeated in about 10 hours.

If he would have focused on multiplayer, he would have added many more characters and modes, and made the online and stage builder more robust. He already stated though he doesn't want to focus on characters and modes, which he should be shot for, seeing as it is a multiplayer, fun with friends Nintendo allstar fighter game. Only place he did well on in terms of multiplayer are the stages, but most people like the evenness of Final Destination anyways. I want someone new to work on SSB4 who will give focus to what the fans want in a mulitplayer fighter, which is a huge selection of unique fighters to choose from. Not a single player that overall doesn't fit in a fighter well, demos of games that do let the user know the history of the characters but is an overall promotion scheme, or even stickers... :p

WE WANT OUR FIGHTERS!!!

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Because I need to hurt that thing. This game is not FUN, the most enjoyment I get out of this game are the brief periods between extreme annoyance and aggrivation.

Does anyone have a phanna doll? And a lighter? Probably gonna get banned for this but uhh... Very Low Thread for a mod to be posting... Be happy you got a single player mode... be happy you got a brawl.... I found single player pretty fun....

PSandNintendFreak

Smash Rookie
I´ve played trough the SSE....a long time ago....and never played it again.....

If I want to play a game that´s kinda like the SSE, I´ll pick up any Kingdom Hearts or Megaman....I don´t need that in a multiplayer game.....

I wonder how many characters and stages have been sacrificed for the SSE.....

lol I just realized that in the IGN interview with Sakurai, his answer for the Why aren´t there more 3rd Partys was: "Cause it´s hard to include characters from different worlds"

Yes.....Snake is easier to include than Megaman or Sora.....I mean the SSE doesn´t look like the games they come from, they don´t have much moves to make an original moveset, their fanbase is really small and they´ve never fought in their games, making them not fitting in Brawl.......

And it´s easier making a story mode with characters from about 20 worlds......:psycho:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Here's some options to help you with this problem:

1. Play with your friends.

2. Play a better single player game.

3. Play a team battle with you against three level one CPUs. Make sure that the CPUs are characters you hate and beat the s*** out of them. Items, stages and other ways to beating them up is optional.

Azura

Smash Cadet
While I quite enjoy the single player game as a whole, I have to agree with phanna and Insane. Playing Intense makes me feel like I'm playing the original Mega Man, and having to do the 100-man brawl with every character for one of the challenges is just a chore and a half. Quite a few of the harder challenges are, actually.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Thino said:
Originally Posted by guy with an Ike avatar
And I lol'd at that XD

But even though this topic is pretty blah, I have to agree. It took me way to long to clear boss battles on intense, and I am glad I had a hammer to use on "100 man brawl with each character."

Sooo close to completing classic with each character, all star is already done. Then I have target smashes to do... ugh, at least that will be quicker.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I dunno why but I lol'd

if everyone had a sakurai voodoo doll
sakurai's corpse would have died ..twice
I guess you're talking about me but really if you don't like the single player, just play with your friends. That simple.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
To vandalize a object of worship that is made in the image of evil deity Sakurai will only lead you down the path of a totally boxed in room where Sakurai beats you with a homerun bat and you bounce around for all eternity.

Think about this for a second. Do not anger that which has power.

For Sakurai is a vengeful diety.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Oh hey, I'm completing The Subspace Bomb Factory for about the 10th time, it's a very long level. This is my 4th attempt to try and get Meta-Ridley to be a trophy; it's especially difficult because he's in the air, so the trophy falls away when you do it, and you have to catch it. So I'm finally ready, I waited until Ridley was as far as he gets on at that low health (doing his multi-fire shots), I threw it up, and was going to dash left to grab it as it fell, and guess what happens?

I tripped

Fantastic work, Sakurai. There is not a single person who is getting 100% completion of this game, that is enjoying it. Games aren't made enjoyable by the challenge they present, it's the enjoyment of gameplay, sprinkled with a tokeneconomy of rewards that you overcome challenges to get. Unfortunately, there isn't a single challenge in Brawl that I look back on with pride, like "oh that was fun." No, they're all a pain in the effing A.

I really can't stress how much I can't wait to be done with the single player in this game, it's such a waste of time.

Edit: and don't get me even started with how "perfect" Sakurai tried to make the game, there are already 2 blatent glitches in the game:

Teleport Glitch
Rayquaza Glitch

If he was going to create such an unprofessional result, he could've at least left some more useful emergent behaviours like edge-cancelling in the game. Bah humbug.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because I need to hurt that thing. This game is not FUN, the most enjoyment I get out of this game are the brief periods between extreme annoyance and aggrivation.

Um, could you please explain. I mean, how are we suppose to get what you are saying if you just use generic words like annoyance and not fun.

Blackadder

Smash Master

Without the mod arse-kissing, I'm going to agree fully.
I hated SSE. The enemies were either over-powered, annoying, oe too many. The platformer style was like Kirby, only crap. Who made the layouts? The Smash formula simply didn't work with it... it should've been stamina, with a cap on the knockback, or something.

I know I was shouting at the screen a lot fiwht this one, and my brother thought I was overeacting. He'll understand the second he tries it as well.

PLUS, not even Co-op was fun! My friend wanted to just stop playing it! Now, if not even the co-op was fun, then my God.

Maybe I'm still cheesed about the 10 hours I had to put into this...
But still.

I really didn't like SSE. :(

*end rant*

The other single-players aren't so bad though.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Here's a suggestion..

DONT FREAKING PLAY IT.

Honestly! If it bothers you so much don't even play the game! Don't even look at it.

And then you have the nerve to come here and COMPLAIN about something people don't even give a CRAP about.

We're just here minding our own business discussing how we actually LIKE the game we've waited years for and here comes more and more people spewing their CRAP on this forum.

Im sick of you.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I blame the ***got that wanted a long hard singleplayer to satisfy him.

Mama

Smash Ace
Lol. If I had a Sakurai Voodoo doll I'd ritualistically punish him for every time I tripped, heard of someone who tripped, saw the word tripped, or thought about someone tripping (in game or in real life).

I think co op can really help to remedy problems with single player modes though. I had a lot of fun going through it with my brother.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I agree that a lot of brawl is needlessly hard, to the point of being tedious and frustrating rather then challenging and fun. However, the game doesn't force you to complete all of those challenges for that very reason reason. It's designed to be something you come back to, not something you breeze through in a month. Sakurai wanted to give more to the dedicated fans, so a year from now we won't be bored stiff. Forcing yourself to go through all these insane hoops in the first month of release is vexing, but it's your choice, those aren't needed to enjoy what brawl is about, the regular old deep fighter we know and love. i realize the single player mode isn't flawless, but it's amusing if you don't take it to seriously all at once.

Edit: And minor glitches like the inconceivably rare marth stretching act and the solely contrived situations for teleportation are hardly what you could call major flaws. The game is relatively well balanced and believe it or not fun. We both know you wouldn't have played through the game this far if you hadn't been enjoying it, you're just (rightfully) frustrated, and are taking it out the wrong way.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Here's a suggestion..

DONT FREAKING PLAY IT.

Honestly! If it bothers you so much don't even play the game! Don't even look at it.

And then you have the nerve to come here and COMPLAIN about something people don't even give a CRAP about.

We're just here minding our own business discussing how we actually LIKE the game we've waited years for and here comes more and more people spewing their CRAP on this forum.

Im sick of you.
Everyone else has been giving reasonable, constructive feedback. Your post is hypocritical and pointlessly offensive, enjoy the warning.

That said, if your mantra is ignoring things that annoy you, your post shouldn't even be here. Sakurai stressed how great he wanted to make the single player, and I qualify that as a failure due to the fact that, after completing any part of it, there is no sense of joy or reward.

I waited for this game longer than you even knew what Smash was, so don't give me that. And as for "spewing CRAP" on the forums, educate yourself before you speak:

Zero Suit Samus Player Finder / Locator
Brawl Challenges [Spoilers]
Subspace Emissary Farming (Sticker Setup)
Zero Suit Samus Tournament Results
Brawl: All 700 Stickers
Samus Player Finder / Locator
CD Factory: 3rd Generation
Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

I blame the ***got that wanted a long hard singleplayer to satisfy him.
You remind me of something funny - my Jewish friend goes by the WiFi name of "Jew," and when he hosted a Multi-Man Brawl game, it said "Jew Seeking Multi-Man"

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Lol recieved an infraction. Looks like my post hurt poor phanna's feelings.

If you weren't a moderator, this thread wouldve been locked in seconds.

Oh, and I know all you've done for the smash community, still that doesn't mean you can post whatever you feel like on the forums.

Are cops allowed to break laws?

Didn't think so.

Firebert

Smash Ace
Everyone else has been giving reasonable, constructive feedback. Your post is hypocritical and pointlessly offensive, enjoy the warning.

That said, if your mantra is ignoring things that annoy you, your post shouldn't even be here. Sakurai stressed how great he wanted to make the single player, and I qualify that as a failure due to the fact that, after completing any part of it, there is no sense of joy or reward.

I waited for this game longer than you even knew what Smash was, so don't give me that. And as for "spewing CRAP" on the forums, educate yourself before you speak:

Zero Suit Samus Player Finder / Locator
Brawl Challenges [Spoilers]
Subspace Emissary Farming (Sticker Setup)
Zero Suit Samus Tournament Results
Brawl: All 700 Stickers
Samus Player Finder / Locator
CD Factory: 3rd Generation
Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

You remind me of something funny - my Jewish friend goes by the WiFi name of "Jew," and when he hosted a Multi-Man Brawl game, it said "Jew Seeking Multi-Man"
That's hilarious about your friend, phanna. And this thread is a form of constructive criticism.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Funny, the cops that I see are the ones speeding the most...They run lights, turning their lights on and off to do so, they tailgate, they swerve in and out of traffic, they use excess force...And they get away with all of it...

Firebert

Smash Ace
Funny, the cops that I see are the ones speeding the most...They run lights, turning their lights on and off to do so, they tailgate, they swerve in and out of traffic, they use excess force...And they get away with all of it...
Yeah, they are protected by law by many things in order to uphold the justice, and I'm all for it.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Not getting caught/punished =/= allowed.

Mama

Smash Ace
Lol recieved an infraction. Looks like my post hurt poor phanna's feelings.

If you weren't a moderator, this thread wouldve been locked in seconds.

Oh, and I know all you've done for the smash community, still that doesn't mean you can post whatever you feel like on the forums.

Didn't think so.
Why would this thread have been locked? Theres plenty of other threads on the first page that are made on the premise of fun discussions. His first post was pretty clear and he's made valid points. You got all butt hurt because he has a different opinion than you and for that you fail lol.

I don't hate the SSE. I found it fun (for the most part). But I didn't flame Phanna for not agreeing with me like you did. And a word of advice, don't flame the mods. If you cuss out a regular person, you don't get in trouble. You cuss out a cop and you could get arrested for "verbal assault" so mind your place.

Top Bottom