• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone like Meta Knight players?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I would simply suggest people just get better with their chosen character. I've seen Pichu's and Mewtwo's beat Marth and Fox in Melee. Just step your game up kids, Top Tier isn't by any mean unbeatable.

Master Raven

Smash Master
tl;dr BAAAAAAAAAAAAAW I SUCK AGAINST MK PLAYERS
Pick a counter-pick like DK then and get better.

:chuckle:

I would simply suggest people just get better with their chosen character. I've seen Pichu's and Mewtwo's beat Marth and Fox in Melee. Just step your game up kids, Top Tier isn't by any mean unbeatable.
The fact that the likes of Gimpyfish who use Bowser have beaten Marth and Fox players in Melee show this. As I've said before, get ****ing better if you guys are having problems with MK. I used to have problems with Snake and now I have little trouble with him after fighting so many Snake players.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
im not meta knight main but lots of mk spam whorenado but it dont matter cuz i know how to counter =P but yeah dont disrespect any characters the only character that you can disrespect is jiggs cuz she is truly the suckiest player so it dont matter XD

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Honestly. I mean, Meta Knight seems to get the same respesct as Jiggs did in Melee. All I ever see is a bunch of Mach Tornado's into an UpB. It seems the main difference is that some people can do it better than others, but overall, it doesn't take much skill. Meta Knight players tend to be a bit Biased against this fact as well, by adding in a SideB attack on occasion. And once they get you in the air, its all about f-airs. Now seriously Meta Knight users, try and be a bit original on occasion,
" try and be a bit original on occasion "

You mean give you a chance at winning?

Why don't you learn the counter or pick up Metaknight. Whining won't win you games or money.

How about an opinion a little less biased? Maybe form a non-MK player?
I main Diddy and haven't had a problem vs Metaknight.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
Pick a counter-pick like DK then and get better.

:chuckle:
I know its a strain but read the entire post instead of only words with three or fewer characters. I've actually never played another good MK, i play MK, he is cheap, i'm ok with that but it is also the reason i main him. Stop lying to yourselves MK players.

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
as ckm said "the only thing worse than a spamming metaknight is someone who gets owned by one"
but not all metaknights spam you just havent seen one who dosn't

Muzga

Smash Ace
Personally i find it hillarious that people like this actually complain about metaknight players and accuse them of being predictable. if you can't get around a half decent metaknight, then get better and find a way around it! if someone is predictable, they can be punished for it. its up to you to improve, not to whine at us for no reason.
good day to you, sir!

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
General stereotypes are going to be made a lot. I mained pit for awhile before I switched to MK. I switched because I had a huge problem spamming Pit's arrows. I switched to Meta Knight and start hearing about Mach Tornado spammers. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about the complaints, but I've played a lot of decent Meta Knights, and not many of them spam Mach Tornado. The fact is if you're going to complain about Mach Tornado and say it makes Meta Knights suckish, but you still lose to them, it's up to you to get better, not for them to get worse.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Odds are meta knight well follow the path of Sheik from Melee

At first everyone will use him

Then something big will be found or mastered and people will start shifting attention to the character that can used that the best or has a move set that compliment it the most. (Marth long range with quick spacing from wave dashing being one example)

And then he will lose tier ranking as people will start using other characters

Also, Meta knight doesn't strike me as a character with a lot of potential out side of his speed and power.

He doesn't really have any note worthy combo ability and only has really good B moves.

Yes all of his air attacks do have good range and priority but they can't kill and do very little damage. His gimping game is over rated and the only attacks that he can use to kill with is his ^B, dsmash, and fsmash.

His grabs don’t look like they can really combo either just set people up for a air dodge chase at best. They also aren’t that deadly to begin with.

In a year or so time Meta knight will most likely not thought of as broken, just a pain to fight.

I don’t know he seems limited to me.

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice

Then something big will be found or mastered and people will start shifting attention to the character that can used that the best or has a move set that compliment it the most. (Marth long range with quick spacing from wave dashing being one example)

Also, Meta knight doesn't strike me as a character with a lot of potential out side of his speed and power.

He doesn't really have any note worthy combo ability and only has really good B moves.

Yes all of his air attacks do have good range and priority but they can't kill and do very little damage. His gimping game is over rated and the only attacks that he can use to kill with is his ^B, dsmash, and fsmash.

His grabs don’t look like they can really combo either just set people up for a air dodge chase at best. They also aren’t that deadly to begin with.

In a year or so time Meta knight will most likely not thought of as broken, just a pain to fight.

Honest to god I couldn't agree more. I play metaknight as a secondary character and I never spam the tornado and usually I great. I personally own spammers because they're so predictable. Lets all be happy that its not as overpowered as Peach's dmash in Melee.....

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
His gimping game is over rated and the only attacks that he can use to kill with is his ^B, dsmash, and fsmash.
I understand where you're coming from. The only problem here is... You can also kill with his usmash, utilt, nair, fair, and bair. I've done it plenty of times, and while they weren't that far over 100% either. And I mean while we were on the stage.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
I only use the tornado 2-3 times at most, it does alot of damage in the beginning, like 20 or something if you hit with all of it. but you won't do alot of damage if you spam it against someone who knows what they're doing. it easily becomes predictable.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Spamming does not take skill, asociating all of MK's airials, ground moves, and defensive moves into one strategy is what takes the skill. Unfortunatley that's not what a lot of people do. We have noone to blame but ourselves for losing to the spammy MK's. As for me, I'm not a spammy MK, I'll try to post some vids soon...

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Honestly. I mean, Meta Knight seems to get the same respesct as Jiggs did in Melee. All I ever see is a bunch of Mach Tornado's into an UpB. It seems the main difference is that some people can do it better than others, but overall, it doesn't take much skill. Meta Knight players tend to be a bit Biased against this fact as well, by adding in a SideB attack on occasion. And once they get you in the air, its all about f-airs. Now seriously Meta Knight users, try and be a bit original on occasion,
theres a reason you're a smash n00b buddy

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
honestly if you fight MKs who spamm tornado you are playing scrubs. shuttle loop is by far more broken. but at the same time, you cant say that MKusers dont spam because i have never seen some one who actually plays MK, counter. once i see ppl start countering withMK i will happily rescend my statements. but as it stands now, MK is a spam bot, and theres not much the rest of us can do. not saying we cant do anything, just that our choices are very limited.

Viktormoros

Smash Rookie
I like MetaKnight. The people who seem to hate him are the ones who can't get around his attacks. I'll admit he is tough, but there are ways around his attacks. If all Metaknight players supposedly use the same attacks, it should be a lot easier to counter them by now.
For example, last I checked Jigglypuff's pound can cancel out the tornado. For me that's one thing to keep in mind when fighting a person using Metaknight. Even though most of the better metaknight players don't use it that often.

So yes, I have nothing against Metaknight players.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
i usually try to mix it up.
the "tornado" is my desperation move i guess you could say.
But i won't lie the moveset definitely leans toward most using that combo.
your right, he needs that sword beam attack as a projectile

Master Raven

Smash Master
KID, how is Shuttle Loop broken? Keep in mind that MK is very vulnerable to just about any attack from above even during the initial frames of the attack, and of course it's plenty dodgeable.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Why is this even a discussion?! I played with MK, and he's not as broken as people are going on about. I should make him a third just to spite those scrublets. I implore you to follow this:

Please keep in mind that 90% of smashboards don't know what there talking about (or doing). Heck, some people I played called my main cheap (Which is madness). Listen to me, if someone whines about your character just say the following words "Quit Crying!!!". IC players also get the same treatment as well so I feel for them too. Don't give up MK, I found ways around him with my main, so should everyone else. Too much QQ'ing in brawl lately :(.
Now with that said, this thread will now be about the awesome game that is Kirby Superstar :p. So what was your guys favorite moments in the game? Co-op with a friend is TOO GOOD.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
I love how metaknight players didnt even acknowledge two of the strongest points against them

copypasted:

Originally Posted by oze6000 View Post
lol, well i main ZSS, but i play my brother who is pit and arrow spams a ton to the point where the game is just stupid and boring and repetitive. MK is very cheap, but he isn't the only one. Don't take any offense to this MK mainers, but he really doesn't require much skill. The only reason i used him was cause arrows wouldn't go through tornado spam. Everyone who is trying to burn MK players on the stake just need to vent at you all, for a good reason too. MK does not require much time or effort to master.
So both sides, calm down, anti-MK, there really isn't much that you can accomplish by complaining, it just opens more people's eyes to how easy MK is to master, and the MKers, everything everyone else is saying is true. You use a cheap, easy to master, easy to abuse, character. Stop *****ing about other people pointing that fact out.

ive played against some good MK's and they only use tornado to get out of my combos (lol combos). now if you really wana see a broken move, play a shuttle loop spammer. but anyways, ppl just have to face facts
YES. MK is a retardedly strong char, whose tornado, down smash, shuttle loop and glide attack all fit into the 10 best moves in the game. (the majority of the other 6 fitting into snakes moveset.
YES ppl will play MK be cause they know he will win tourneys.
YES he is easy to learn to play
NO he is not unbeatable.
YES many of you play the same and
YES you all do it because theres not much the rest of us can do about it
YES ppl are going t make stupid threads about how much they hate him.... deal with it.
if you are tired of hearing about how stupid your character is everyday, you are more than welcometo play a more balenced fighter... like fox, or mario, or ike. basically you dont have the right to tell ppl to play better characters, if you cant handle the stigmas that are attached to playing those better chars.

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice

The Truth^^^ I too believe MK will be the next Sheik, and I have no problem with it. I intend to keep using MK for the entire lifespan of Brawl, unless they release new characters some way (we all know this wont happen). Everyone needs to stop complaining and go turn on their wii and practice.

To follow the topic of this thread, the answer is a resounding NO... and that doesnt bother me a bit. My friends and family (brother) hate my MK to no end.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
MK takes so much less time and skill to master than any other character its ridiculous. Frontrunning is no fun, I dont care if you think your good with MK, anybody could if they sat down and played him for two hours.And to any MK mainers learn to deal with the comments, if you cant handle the stigma that comes with choosing a character like him too bad.

MK takes so much less time and skill to master than any other character its ridiculous. Frontrunning is no fun, I dont care if you think your good with MK, anybody could if they sat down and played him for two hours.And to any MK mainers learn to deal with the comments, if you cant handle the stigma that comes with choosing a character like him too bad.
I get it, so we should all main bad characters so we don't get bashed for being "cheap"? on't use something as petty as that to try and justify your foundless MK bashing.

Do you know how ******** that sounds? You make it seem everyone who uses great characters are ***holes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is the only reason why I picked up lucario...to fight MK off of Olimar's helmet. I think he's broken, but I don't care. I found an easier way to beat him. I found a solution to my problem. So shut up all you MK haters. Fix your problem or get lost, cuz you'll be more useful to the boards when you are.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Of course people don't like playing Metaknight players. He has amazing speed and power, amazing gimps, amazing lag (oh wait, he doesn't have any) Insane priority..

I honestly don't care about Metaknight; there are much more better things to do in smash other than john about certain characters. I'm just stating the facts in an unbiased matter. He's too light anyways, lol

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK takes so much less time and skill to master than any other character its ridiculous.
So what?

Frontrunning is no fun, I dont care if you think your good with MK, anybody could if they sat down and played him for two hours.
Not even going to touch this one.

And to any MK mainers learn to deal with the comments, if you cant handle the stigma that comes with choosing a character like him too bad.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW. I'll take all the stigma I want, and if they don't like me using MK, well tough ****. They should learn to deal with him then. I used to ***** about Snake and ROB like no-one would ever hear the end of it, however I actually kept fighting Snake and ROB players and now I can deal with them with little trouble. You people should do the same with MK.

Top Bottom