• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone truely question Yoshi's Chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
Anyone who actually thinks yoshi might not be in the game....is a moron. Nuff said

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I doubt that anyone has questioned Yoshi's chances from the very beginning. I mean, he's one of the "Must"-characters.

Chepe

Smash Lord
God I hope not, because he would probably be nerfed (and my main doesnt need it! -_-)... Yoshi relies on his tail and feet attacks, and that "modern" look of Yoshi is so freakin' stubby that most of his A moves would have no reach!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I hope they balance out most of the characters, I dislike having cool characters from Super Smash Bros. being weak in Melee :(

Chepe

Smash Lord
You main as yoshi. Really?... Yoshi?
And what? That comment proves that characters need to be balanced though, and I just dont find it interesting to go Shiek/Marth/Fox/hightier like so many. I enjoy mastering such a unique character as Yoshi, who DOES have potential. Just look at Fumi's videos...

But yeah, the modern Yoshi look would incapitate him unless he gets a different moveset altogether...

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Anyone who thinks Yoshi isn't getting in should take a long walk off a short pier while wearing cement shoes.

Fawriel

Smash Master
... a modern look of Yoshi? Eh.

"As with other Mario characters, Yoshi's design in Super Smash Bros. Melee is unique to the game, but borrows elements from all his previous designs. Yoshi will generally walk with a posture much like in his earlier games, but will stand somewhat erect while taunting, mimicking the gesture he made in Yoshi's Story upon sniffing out a hidden item. He also has a long neck comparable to earlier designs, but retains the large, useful hands of later games."-Wikipedia

Got this trying to find out about this supposed new look. Look at Fox... they seem to have a tendency to mix and match styles for Smash.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that new style mostly used in Mario Party and such games? I wouldn't trust those too much.
...and it's not like the hitboxes in Smash EVER made sense.

burrito

Smash Lord
God I hope not, because he would probably be nerfed (and my main doesnt need it! -_-)... Yoshi relies on his tail and feet attacks, and that "modern" look of Yoshi is so freakin' stubby that most of his A moves would have no reach!
Doesn't yoshi's feet and tail get really big when he attacks?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Doesn't yoshi's feet and tail get really big when he attacks?
Yeah, but he is pretty slender compared to his Mario Party appearance.
If they used stubby Yoshi, there'd be a limit on how much he can stretch before he
starts to look like Mr. Fantastic, either that or his range becomes crippled.

I think Yoshi will have an updated version of his Melee look, like Mario did,
because Mario in Brawl has textured jeans unlike the Mario in Super Mario Galaxy.
Super Mario Galaxy Mario would look awful in Brawl, as it'd actually be a downgrade from melee.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I don't think they should give him his "modern" appearance, however, I think they should make his model/animations more bouncy and animated like his games are usually known to be. You know, stuff like the feet splitting into five when he runs full speed and does his flutter jump for emphasis on speed, or mainly, his more bouncy idle animation from Yoshi's Island (or DS... although the animations were terrible in DS), etc.

That's what I'm hoping is taking so long in announcing him, along with DK. DK probably won't get a huge change, but IIRC, Rare did his modeling in Melee, so he might take extra work this time around.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Actually,I'm pretty sure everyone from the original 12(with the possible exception of Ness and unfortunately,Jigglypuff) are guaranteed.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Even before Yoshi's stage, it was pretty obvious that he was in. The stubby look for Yoshi is only used for the vast amount of Mario Spin-offs. In Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi maintained his looks from SMW.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
There is absolutely no denying the fact that Yoshi will be in Brawl. Why? There's three friggin clues already: The Yoshi's Island stage in the trailer, an update on the official site about the stage itself, and the Yoshi's Story Ending theme. One more thing: His egg symbol is there on the theme and stage updates. Pretty dang obvious he'll be in Brawl. And I'm hoping to God that what Tank McCannon said is false.

Toomai

Smash Ace
The stubby look for Yoshi is only used for the vast amount of Mario Spin-offs. In Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi maintained his looks from SMW.
Actually, Yoshis nowawdays can easily and fluently switch between humanoid and dino-oid postures. (Like in Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshis stand up straight when they're not carrying a baby but hunch otherwise.)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Maybe they're delaying his release because one of the following reasons:

1. Baby Mario
It could be that a big surprise could be the addition of Baby Mario. While it surely changes a lot about how Yoshi is played, it could be huge enough to surprise us all. That way, he axed Yoshi, but added Yoshi & Baby Mario.

2. Yoshi's not in it
Sakurai could just tease us, and make us expect Yoshi's in there. Of course, when the game gets released, Yoshi doesn't appear to be in it. What a let-down...

3. Because he's in
Sakurai could just think, they already know about Yoshi, so let's just wait until I run out of filler information. A logical choice. Saving such information could postpone any revealing releases, because you have moveset one, moveset two and Final Smash.

4. He's not done yet
The programmers didn't begin to program Yoshi, or Yoshi wasn't even modeled yet. Maybe they wanted to save programming him, along with other G1 characters, for last, and wanted to start on some new characters.

Fawriel

Smash Master
3rd or 4th option.
I think Sakurai is already trying to confirm Yoshi with all they have, while the character himself is still in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom