• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does D Air have a use?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah. Dair definitely changes your momentum. The stall is key.

I normally just nair or bair onto my foe when I'm falling, but if they get wise to it and start predicting, I'll pull out a dair right over their head. The diference in timing is great, so if they try to punish the nair they expect, they normally just get whacked with a dair.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
The stall is nice in the move for confusing the opponent but the attack portion itself is pretty useless overall. I can usually land a hit every now and then during a match with it but it's by no means something you can consistently use.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
also, I thin it'll go through some protective aeiral projectiles, like Mortar or PKT.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you try to hit them with an aerial and the DI away from you while airdodging, give chase with a dair!

rofl don't actually do that.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
use while recovering, or when hit and PURSUED upward (doesnt have fastfall effect).

Other than that; stay away from it.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Do it off the edge. Full hop then do Dair and you have time to double jump and either chain or vanish back

Do a rising areal while double jumping and its a very suprising edgeguard

As for the actual HIT from Dair, barely... you can punish rolls sometimes

hurricaneap60

Smash Rookie
i like to throw it out every once in awhile and yell "WHAT WHAT WHO SAYS DOWN AIR SUCKS?"

sometimes it works if you jump off the ledge (not drop down and jump) because sometimes sword/hammer peeps are like "oh charge fsmash nao..." but then they just keep on charging and they pwn u up teh but.

also it can SOMETIMES be used to recover quicker and thus get under opponents who chase you up.

but uh... dair is not really worth spending time thinking about... or even using on a match basis... maybe a set basis at most.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Use it to spike...

Seriously though... If somehow you're both way up in the air, you can actually KO with it.

Otherwise, SHD-air is your best bet, but not worth the afterlag. Chances are you get punished for not really doing anything. It can sometimes be good to prop people up into a u or f tilt. I say just stick with a fast fall airdodge > d/f tilt

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i only use it as part of my recovery - or to footstool instant down air ko falco at no percent on accident because my sheik is boss.

hurricaneap60

Smash Rookie
gimpyfish takes gimping to the next lvl to the point where he gimps himself
but in the sexiest way possible.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i only use it as part of my recovery - or to footstool instant down air ko falco at no percent on accident because my sheik is boss.
That was one of the funniest things i've ever seen in a Brawl match:), you didn't do that on purpose right?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you dair ALL THE TIME because its UNEXPECTED?

i don't think doing a move over and over is going to work out very well on an "unexpected" level >_>

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
it helps shiek get to the ground against characters who love to juggle her in the air (like meta).

not only is it a useful attack that goes through a decent amount of attacks (not the best but it doesnt completely suck) but its also good for getting to the ground against characters your better off playing a ground game then an air game against.

Thisisz

Smash Rookie
I've hit with it a few times on passable platforms
I think I just held "down" and attack, and for some reason, before I totally sink through the platforms, I would move up above the ground by little, execute dair, then stay on ground for a moment, then sink through the platform(since Im still holding "down")

and no, those weren't the platforms that move up, down or sideways

ADHD

Smash Hero
dari for recovery only occasionally you can use it to catch your opponent offguard but you might get ftilted by snake :mad:

demodemo

Smash Ace
for recovery

it has good priority, like say over captain falcon's jabs

yes, captain falcons jabs are pretty **** good, and approaching him with dair is very viable (since his jab is laggy and can't shield right away)

PredictablyStubborn

Smash Apprentice
i like to yell "Falcon Kick!" when I dair.

in all seriousness, it's useful only in the right time. Try to autocancel the lag of the dair though if you plan to use it a lot for some reason.

Top Bottom