• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Footstool Jumping Actually Have Use?

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
The most use I can find out of it is accidentally using it on my opponent in midair, surprising them, and occasionally getting a KO out of it. Does it actually have "real" use for anything though?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It has aton of uses. I use it to KO so much whenever I am metaknight. It is so good in teams as well for recovering if your partner is someone with an amazing recovery.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
Well, it does seem as though it's useless because of the difficulty of successfully pulling one off...

Maybe some small links here and there like...
Marth players can FSJ to Dair.
etc.?

Yea, I don't use it.
But it feels great when you FSJ off the edge, and the other player falls to their death =D

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
The Infamous Kirbycide is often aided by the footstool jump in my playgroup. Usually its quicker and more effective than a down aerial.

Doval

Smash Lord
On the ground, it stuns the opponent and many characters get a guaranteed hit out of it. In the air, you can drop your opponent's altitude. In teams, it can help characters with poor air movement edgeguard or recover better.

So yes, it has uses, even they don't come up very often.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yes.

It can lead into a d-air for a lot of characters, setting up for a spike or a free hit on the stage. If your opponent is trying to gimp you but sucks, you can jump on his head instead. There are loads of other uses...

Ulevo

Smash Master
Probably one of the biggest uses I've found for it is against Yoshi. Any attacks are ineffective while Yoshi is double jumping due to Super Armor. Footstool Jump screws this though, and will make Yoshi plummet to death.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I've saved my partner in doubles quite a few times but foot stool jumping them. It stops momentum. Of course, I never did it on purpose...

You can do it to save people, since it gives them their jump back. new team tactic?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Some characters have actual footstool jump comboes at early %.s

For Ness, it has a lot of defensive options because of the funny way his jump curves.

And there's always footstool jumping after a Dair for Yoshi, Kirby and Fox.

S2

Smash Lord
Probably one of the biggest uses I've found for it is against Yoshi. Any attacks are ineffective while Yoshi is double jumping due to Super Armor. Footstool Jump screws this though, and will make Yoshi plummet to death.
Does anyone know if you can footstool Wario like this when he's jumping off of his bike, that'd classically awesome.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
To make the other person feel dumb =P
Or you could just use it on someone who doesn't make it back to the ledge and just be a jerk =)

Top Bottom