• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Global Smash Power take account in online matchmaking?

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
When I first started playing online, pretty much everyone I played with in 1 on 1 was too easy. But now when I play 1 on 1, all the people I faced are up to my skill level. This got me wondering if Global Smash Power, the online ranking system, makes you face people on your skill level. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, then that's great.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
There is a ranking system(it's called global smash power btw) in place,but that's label under your offline results for single player,and not online,which means your pretty much facing players of random skill levels all the time for online,whether it be "for fun" or "for glory" mode,there's no difference.

Last edited:

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
It's possible that there might be a hidden elo system for the For Glory lobby, but nothing is confirmed at the moment. I don't think global smash power determines anything about the people you fight in Glory lobbies.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Oh okay, then it must be the time of day then if I want to fight skilled players, cause I was up really late last night, lol.

Mwa1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Slacker-2.0
I hope there is some kind of skill-based online matchmaking, otherwise, well... it sucks.
It doesn't make any sense to have competitive level players fight against casual players, it's just gonna be frustrating for both players...

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I hope there is some kind of skill-based online matchmaking, otherwise, well... it sucks.
It doesn't make any sense to have competitive level players fight against casual players, it's just gonna be frustrating for both players...
It's not frustrating at all,since you have the option to choose which mode you wanna select " for fun" (casuals) and " for glory" (competitive) but yeah a ranking system for "for glory" would be nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom