• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Mr. Saturn break shields? ; Funniest moment I've had thus far in SSB4

Cyko Melody

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6723-5956
Playing FG against another Peach. It comes to a sudden death.

He pulls out a stitch face and I pull out a Mr. Saturn. He throws his with no thought at me and I throw Mr. Saturn at him as he shields, which breaks his shield. Then I did the best combo in my smash career. Taunt > charged Up smash > Laugh my ass off.

So my question on Mr. Saturn is, does he have a percentage chance to break shields? Can't really be in the lab with this as I have no one else around me to test it out with and can't set the CPU to shield.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
He breaks shields in one hit whether you z-drop, throw, or smash throw him. The only problems are if the opponent's shield is too low, it can actually shield poke instead of hitting their shield; also if they powershield it then Mr. Saturn just bounces off with no effect.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
That's Mr. Saturn's whole deal, that's what he's in the game for, to break shields.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
That's Mr. Saturn's whole deal, that's what he's in the game for, to break shields.
Well I can see why a lot of people may think that he's just there for comic relief. I thought so to up until I started playing Peach :p

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Mr. Saturn has always been able to munch away at Shields, but I was really surprised at the ability to actually one-shot non-Perfect Shields in Smash 4.
The first time I realized this was when I faced a really defensive :4tlink: that would always Shield near the ledge; got to break his Shield like four times in a row until he finally figured out what was going on.

Last edited:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Oh, alrighty than. So Saturn won't break perfect shields?
No, he won't. He'll just bounce off with a little "bzzt" sound effect. Props to an opponent if they actually attempt to do that because if they mistime shield a bit then they're getting punished hard :p

Top Bottom